Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It just dawned on me.....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well.....that's a good point.

But that said, you have to admit that it would be very tough to win games if you commit so many penalties....
    Agreed, it would be very tough, but not an automatic loss, if the QB is better than Manuel.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Geno, Bilal, and Santonio all three have their best game as a pro and we only win by 7 over the Bills. Comments?
    168 yds in penalties is the only reason the Jills ever got within 2 TD's of us.

The Jets dominated that game on both sides of the ball. Cut out those penalties that extended a few of the Bills drives (that would have otherwise stalled) and we win that game by 2 TD's or better. And that's not even touching on the Manuel missed fumble calls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They did for sure. I think EJ is going to be a decent NFL QB. But every QB not named Big Ben looks horrible when they are constantly under pressure. Not many rookie QBs are going to do well against some of the complex schemes Rex will throw at them.
    In 3 weeks we play the Steelers and I think he will not get away as he has in the past. Our Defense is much quicker this year.

Rookie
    One more thing by way of answering my own question is that we spotted the Bills our challenges. So the extremes added up in both directions: 20 penalties, -2 turnovers, and spotting them our challenges, vs. 3 career days from our skill position guys. That game will live on in my memory for quite some time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno, Bilal, and Santonio all three have their best game as a pro and we only win by 7 over the Bills. Comments?
    Um, santonio holmes was the mvp of the super bowl. Im going to go out on a limb and say that was his best game as a pro.

Rookie
    Well just call me a stats guy because I was referring to his numbers on Sunday. To each his own.

All Pro
    Am I crazy, but haven't Bilal and Geno only started three games each?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Am I crazy, but haven't Bilal and Geno only started three games each?
    They both still had very good games and performed better than most would credit them for before the season started. Personal best in an NFL game is still a big deal. Hell, some people were giving up on Powell already. So what is your point?