Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This defense is freaking physical

This defense is freaking physical

What I really like about this defense is how physically nasty they have been.
    When Mo or Sheldon or Coples get a hold of someone they chuck them into the ground. I was shocked with the way the refs were throwing flags around that Harris wasn't flagged on that last drive for throwing, I think Jackson to the ground.
    Davis & Harris have been bringing the wood, which is a lot easier when those big boys up front are allowing them to run free.
    It looked like no one wanted the ball for the Bills at the end when the refs whipped the Jets D into a frenzy with all the mind boggling calls.

I did some research on that Titans vs Chargers game and came away with this little bit of information.
    Not only did the Chargers have to go cross country, they did so without 5 starters.

San Diego Chargers will be playing today without their best strong safety (Brandon Taylor), their best cornerback (Shareece Wright), both starting inside linebackers (Donald Butler and Manti Te'o), their starting right tackle (D.J. Fluker) and their best wide receiver (Malcom Floyd). That's five starters total, if you include Te'o as a starter, and at least two starters down on each side of the ball for the Chargers.

Jets will definitely be a step up in defense for Locker facing a team missing their SS, CB, & 2 ILBs.
    Eventually this defense with benefit from the pressure they have been applying & it will manifest itself into some TOs. Lets hope it's this week.

Munchack was a helluva good Olineman which means his Oline will be really good at holding. Guy knows all the tricks, lets hope the refs don't go all homer on us.
    Last edited by jetster; 09-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Our defense is so much fun to watch. Another good test this week.

With Coples shedding the rust with his first action of the season last Sunday against the Bills. He along with MoWilk-Richardson-Snacks-Ellis-Douzable, could end up being the best DL in the league by year's end. Harris is playing like the Hitman again. And Davis looks like he's going to live up to the praise that Rex has been giving him. Add Barnes to this mix...and unit becomes a helluva front 7 D for opponents to contend with.

Jets added seven new starters on this D...yet are surprisingly already #3 in the league. With 13 games remaining...as the season goes on...and these players get more reps together...this unit could very well once again be #1 at year's end.

Add Morhinweg's game planning to go along with this defense...Jets are going to be very competitive throughout this season. This team may be just Geno's development away...from making the playoffs...in just phase one of the rebuilding process. Who'd a thunk it! Certainly not the media geniuses and local rag writers...that's for sure.

I'm really enjoying this season. Watching Geno develop...MM's WCO...and the defense growing into scary Beast mode with the passing of each game.

All Pro
    Well, it happens with a lot of Teams regarding the Opponent missing Players. Buffalo played without their two starting CBs and without their pro bowl safety. Anyways...

I love how this defense Plays, they put fear into opponents, they make Players pay for catching it in the flat or over the middle. Jaiqwuan Jarrett had one jaw dropping hit in every one of our games, just a different Sound when he hits someone. Davis and Harris have been murdering People. Loving every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    With Coples shedding the rust with his first action of the season last Sunday against the Bills. He along with MoWilk-Richardson-Snacks-Ellis-Douzable, could end up being the best DL in the league by year's end. Harris is playing like the Hitman again. And Davis looks like he's going to live up to the praise that Rex has been giving him. Add Barnes to this mix...and unit becomes a helluva front 7 D for opponents to contend with.

Jets added seven new starters on this D...yet are surprisingly already #3 in the league. With 13 games remaining...as the season goes on...and these players get more reps together...this unit could very well once again be #1 at year's end.

Add Morhinweg's game planning to go along with this defense...Jets are going to be very competitive throughout this season. This team may be just Geno's development away...from making the playoffs...in just phase one of the rebuilding process. Who'd a thunk it! Certainly not the media geniuses and local rag writers...that's for sure.

I'm really enjoying this season. Watching Geno develop...MM's WCO...and the defense growing into scary Beast mode with the passing of each game.
    I agree, I'm just trying to get use to seeing these long crossing routes & our QB going back & letting it rip. I'll admit when it was 20-20 my mind was saying, " go conservative Marty", but my heart was saying F it, no one expects us to win anything anyway.
    Watching this type of offense is gonna take me some getting used to, Sanchez had me so gun shy, whenever he went deep I could barely watch because the end result was usually bad.
    Now, when Geno does it I at least peak through my fingers ,lol.
    3 plays over 40 yards! Damn! That will keep a defense from having too many guys peaking into the backfield.
    It's really exciting & I love Genos tight spirals, thing of beauty.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I agree, I'm just trying to get use to seeing these long crossing routes & our QB going back & letting it rip. I'll admit when it was 20-20 my mind was saying, " go conservative Marty", but my heart was saying F it, no one expects us to win anything anyway.
    Watching this type of offense is gonna take me some getting used to, Sanchez had me so gun shy, whenever he went deep I could barely watch because the end result was usually bad.
    Now, when Geno does it I at least peak through my fingers ,lol.
    3 plays over 40 yards! Damn! That will keep a defense from having too many guys peaking into the backfield.
    It's really exciting & I love Genos tight spirals, thing of beauty.
    Sanchez played scared, Geno doesn't. He goes Long to get a TD, Sanchez only went deep to challenge the D. Nobody took that seriously. Part of it were our idiotic OCs but part of it were Sanchez limitations. We finally have an offense where we atleast have Options all across the field. We don't have to dink and dunk us to success. Opponents will start to look at our game against Buffalo and they will realize that you atleast have to respect our deep passing game. This will open up the run game and prevent People from always stacking the box against us.

Hall Of Fame
    Not many teams (maybe none) are going to beat us at the LOS when our defense is on the field. If they are able to get any sort of a conventional pass rush we will have a chance in every game. That includes ATL and NO.

there was a play where demario picked up the rb and threw him down. he's really playing well, as is harris. and pace too, he seems good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    there was a play where demario picked up the rb and threw him down. he's really playing well, as is harris. and pace too, he seems good this year.
    Yes, I had serious doubts about DD but he looks like a GREAT draft pick at this point.

Practice Squad
    Everyone is all praising the D line and with good reason, but I've been pretty impressed by Demario Davis. I can't remember the last time we had that sort of speed at the linebacker position (Vilma maybe?). Davis still has a ways to go, but he made some sideline to sideline plays last week that had me really impressed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Everyone is all praising the D line and with good reason, but I've been pretty impressed by Demario Davis. I can't remember the last time we had that sort of speed at the linebacker position (Vilma maybe?). Davis still has a ways to go, but he made some sideline to sideline plays last week that had me really impressed.
    And how about catching VJ to prevent a TD vs Tampa with the game on the line? That is serious speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    And how about catching VJ to prevent a TD vs Tampa with the game on the line? That is serious speed.
    Yes, he's got that closing speed & comes with bad intentions, always good for intimidation. I was thinking while watching these guys Sunday, if we get 1 more stud LB to replace Pace, OMG, we could be scary good next year.
    The other guy we should target with some of our salary cap next year would be Jarius Byrd. He's hurt this year & was not happy that the Bills wouldn't sign him long term.
    When healthy he's got a real nose for the ball & with our Dline he could be our Ed Reed for the next 3 years.
    Imagine when Milliner gets up to speed. Very, very exciting time watching thus defense.

It's nice to see us getting pressure without having to blitz the house! Our run D is scary good already and our front 7 has done a really good job of getting pressure on the QB.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Lets give Rex some credit.I think he's handled Demario and Coples real well in their development.

All makes you realize just how atrocious Bart Scott was the last few years.

Rex is the man.

Lot of these supposed fans are complete fools.

And imagine Big Jenks lasts the season he went out.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Our defense is so much fun to watch. Another good test this week.
    Oh, you just wait.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is it just me ... Or do you count 6 SD starters out not 5 as well???

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Is it just me ... Or do you count 6 SD starters out not 5 as well???
    AND, Ryan Matthews played. That's some kind of reverse physics equation that no defensive coordinator can understand.

Coples did it again. Last year, he grabbed Frank Gore and slammed him down to the ground with one hand. He did the same thing this week to Fred Jackson (maybe it was Choice). Country boy strength. Jesus.