Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This thing may snowball into a great season!!!

This thing may snowball into a great season!!!

With Geno and the offense realizing that they can play, and the D becoming "elite", the momentum can build to an infectious state that consumes all of Jets nation.

I've seen it happen before, and with Rex at the helm, you just know they'll be fired up. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, this could turn into a very surprising season!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    With Geno and the offense realizing that they can play, and the D becoming "elite", the momentum can build to an infectious state that consumes all of Jets nation.

I've seen it happen before, and with Rex at the helm, you just know they'll be fired up. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, this could turn into a very surprising season!!
    yeah. maybe.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The key is to maintain low expectations for as long as possible.

This is the most enjoyable 2-1 start I can ever remember.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm with you. Rex made an improbable playoff run in his rookie year as a HC with a first year QB. It will be tough to do again, especially with our schedule, but it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm with you. Rex made an improbable playoff run in his rookie year as a HC with a first year QB. It will be tough to do again, especially with our schedule, but it's not impossible.
    Two upsides though..

1) Geno is better than Sanchez
    2) MM is better than Schotty

Jets Insider VIP

CART MEET HORSE

All League

I'd only be pleasantly surprised if they finish above 8-8. This is where I have expected them to be this season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The "schedule" thing has been beaten to death....... and, aside from the usual cliches of "any given Sunday", etc., the teams that should be "feared" are just not that scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The "schedule" thing has been beaten to death....... and, aside from the usual cliches of "any given Sunday", etc., the teams that should be "feared" are just not that scary.
    Agree...

Seriously, who are the QB's we're facing

Tenn. (Jake Locker, really?)
    Atlanta (does Matt Ryan really scare you?)
    Pitt (Big Ben and this team aren't anything what they used to be)
    NE (I'll give you Brady)
    Cincy (Andy Dalton can be solid but let's see him up against a defense like the Jets)
    NO (He's great, but that offense hasn't exactly been explosive the past two years)

Jets could very easily win 4 of the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The key is to maintain low expectations for as long as possible.

This is the most enjoyable 2-1 start I can ever remember.
    What is that the key to? People afraid to get excited strike me as having a ridiculously fragile psyche.

Just let yourself go and be excited. It won't kill you to be let down if things fall apart. You're a Jets fan.

Stop being a slave to what the media wants you to believe.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Stupid gay media.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agree...

Seriously, who are the QB's we're facing

Tenn. (Jake Locker, really?)
    Atlanta (does Matt Ryan really scare you?)
    Pitt (Big Ben and this team aren't anything what they used to be)
    NE (I'll give you Brady)
    Cincy (Andy Dalton can be solid but let's see him up against a defense like the Jets)
    NO (He's great, but that offense hasn't exactly been explosive the past two years)

Jets could very easily win 4 of the 6.
    With our defense and front 7, no offense scares me. When you can get pressure up front, you can beat anyone. Just ask the Giants who won 2 superbowls on the backs of great defensive lineman.

Can we just hold the celebration ceremony until the Jets actually accomplish something?

Jets Insider VIP
    We need to win this week. We are on the road but playing against a very average qb. No reason to lose this game.

Win Sunday, and I will start letting my mind wonder with possibilities.

I had low expectations this year. But I had said to people that it wouldn't be a shock if the Jets started 3-1, before taking a beating. If they can beat Tenn and go 2-3 before the bye (Very tough stretch: @Atl, Vs. Pit, Vs. NE, @Cin, Vs. NO - depending on how Pitt recovers, they may not be favored in any of those games), they'd go into the final part of the season at 5-4.

Even at 1-4 (With vultures circling again, undoubtedly),

the Jets would be 4-5 and close with:
    @ Buff, @Bal, Vs. Mia, Vs. Oak, @Car, Vs. Cle, @ Mia - That's 6 games out of 7 against QBs with less than 3 years in the league (5 Vs. 1st/2nd Year starters, which has been pretty good for the Jets (9-6 Record, 64 Passing Rating, 16.6 PPG Allowed)

Again, too early to know anything (again, Mark Sanchez had 4tds/2ints and a 3-0 record his rookie year, and finished the rest of the year 5-7 with 8 TDs, 18 INTs). But, the Jets schedule is beatable down the stretch (I'm sure Miami feels the same way).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    What is that the key to? People afraid to get excited strike me as having a ridiculously fragile psyche.

Just let yourself go and be excited. It won't kill you to be let down if things fall apart. You're a Jets fan.

Just curious. How old are you?

Jets Insider VIP
    After beating the Pats in MetLife, the dreaming can start.

The Colts did it last year and we did it in '09. I really like this team. They can be maddening, but I was on board from day 1 when we drafted Geno. I told everyone I know that we would shock some people this season. There is no reason we can't get into the playoffs and win once we get there. This team has a great attitude and looks to be gelling. Say what you want about Rex and some of the stupid things he does and says, he can motivate and coach. Not many HC's like that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Two upsides though..

1) Geno is better than Sanchez
    2) MM is better than Schotty
    True. We win two SB's with this offense and no Schotty or Sanchez!!

All League

Possibly.

But in reality though this is the best offense we have had in YEARS, since Favre. Geno has extreme highs, and some low lows. The difference between Geno and Sanchez's rookie years is that our offensive coordinator isn't holding him back. It's exciting to watch. Sometimes not so much, but he's a rookie, it's gunna happen. And of course the defense looks as good as ever.

Let's see how we fair against the Titans. A team that has been equally surprising and gives us a pretty even matchup. Win this and we go into MNF at 3-1 against the Falcons.

And honestly, we NEED to win this one. Next 5 opponents before our bye: @ATL, vs. PIT, vs. NE, @CINCY, vs. NO.
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 09-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.