Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Josh Freeman benched LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    But we will end up with a very high three from the Revis deal, correct? They could wind up picking first or second or thereabouts.
    Its not out of the question that Tampa could cut Revis after this season and the Jets end up with a 4th round pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not out of the question that Tampa could cut Revis after this season and the Jets end up with a 4th round pick.
    Which I guess get more likely with every passing week. Would they have to take a big cap hit? Oh, and then we should sign him for short money (lol).

All Pro
    Benching Freeman = See what you have in Glennon/Tank for Bridgewater..

Hall Of Fame
    Which I guess get more likely with every passing week. Would they have to take a big cap hit? Oh, and then we should sign him for short money (lol).
    Zero cap hit if they cut Revis.

why would tampa cut him - b/c they're rebuilding and don't want to pay that price tag? what a waste if they did.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    At least that team has the balls to bench the guy and draft possible competition, unlike the Jets with Sanchez under Tanny and Rex.
    Who was Rex benching Sanchez for? Brunell? Teblow?

Cmon dude let's not revisit the past....let's be happy that nightmare appears to be over and hope Geno pans out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    why would tampa cut him - b/c they're rebuilding and don't want to pay that price tag? what a waste if they did.
    True, it would be a waste, but its not crazy to think they could cut him. There is no cap hit if they do. I doubt they do, but if things go real bad for Tampa the rest of the way it isnt out of the question. Especially if Schiano is fired.

True, it would be a waste, but its not crazy to think they could cut him. There is no cap hit if they do. I doubt they do, but if things go real bad for Tampa the rest of the way it isnt out of the question. Especially if Schiano is fired.
    the Bucs know better than anyone that Revis is all about money. they might take the risk of cutting him if they think they can bring him back with a new deal for lots of $$$.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the Bucs know better than anyone that Revis is all about money. they might take the risk of cutting him if they think they can bring him back with a new deal for lots of $$$.
    Sure, if Revis wants to stick it to the Jets a little he could have a hand shake agreement with Tampa that if Tampa cuts him he will re-sign with them. I am not sure what the specifics of the conditions of the trade were that would give the Jets a 3rd instead of a 4th round pick, I know he has to be on Tampa's roster on the 3rd day of the league year in March, but I dont know if he signs with them on 4th day of the league the Jets can still get the 3rd round pick.

that would be unreal. the jets would have got richardson and a 4th, i think, for revis. tampa would have a year of his services that amounted to nothing. and revis would have secured a one-year deal and then would have to hit the open market again, when the jets showed their defense can actually improve by getting rid of him and tampa's didn't seem to improve at all.

I had heard that he was treating meetings as optional and prefers strip clubs to the Bucs facility.
    I would prefer strip clubs to the bucs facility, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Benching Freeman = See what you have in Glennon/Tank for Bridgewater..
    Yep. The race to the bottom is going to be fun. Looks like we got three teams involved now. Cleveland, Jacksonville and Tampa. I still think Jacksonville is a lock. Cleveland has already won a game and Tampa has a pretty good roster with talent on both sides of he ball.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Who was Rex benching Sanchez for? Brunell? Teblow?

Cmon dude let's not revisit the past....let's be happy that nightmare appears to be over and hope Geno pans out.
    LOL that is the WHOLE point of my posts in this thread. TB drafted Glennon an actual viable alternative. The Jets went far our of their way to make 100% sure there was no one with a pulse as the back up. Hell, after Sanchez really proved he stunk as much as some of us said he did our GM gave him an extension and promised Tebow the back up job.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL that is the WHOLE point of my posts in this thread. TB drafted Glennon an actual viable alternative. The Jets went far our of their way to make 100% sure there was no one with a pulse as the back up. Hell, after Sanchez really proved he stunk as much as some of us said he did our GM gave him an extension and promised Tebow the back up job.
    Except the timeline for each team is the same. You guys fail to recognize that Sanchez was going to be given at least 3 full years to be the starter. You can make the argument that a better back up should have been brought in last season, but prior to that it was Sanchez's job alone.

Except the timeline for each team is the same. You guys fail to recognize that Sanchez was going to be given at least 3 full years to be the starter. You can make the argument that a better back up should have been brought in last season, but prior to that it was Sanchez's job alone.
    unfortunately at least part of this reasoning was guaranteed money. sanchez is still making a ton of money while guys like geno and glennon are so much cheaper.

if tanny brought in a viable qb competitor to sanchez there's a decent chance the guy would have actually won the job outright in training camp and then you'd have sanchez on the bench making a ton of money and tanny would incurr a ton of criticism, so it was always easier to not have anyone else there. even tebow was brought in, at least in theory, to run the wildcat and not to actually compete with sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    unfortunately at least part of this reasoning was guaranteed money. sanchez is still making a ton of money while guys like geno and glennon are so much cheaper.

if tanny brought in a viable qb competitor to sanchez there's a decent chance the guy would have actually won the job outright in training camp and then you'd have sanchez on the bench making a ton of money and tanny would incurr a ton of criticism, so it was always easier to not have anyone else there. even tebow was brought in, at least in theory, to run the wildcat and not to actually compete with sanchez.
    Qbs drafted in the top 5 and paid 50 million dollars are going to be handed opportunities that other players do not get, its just the way the league worked without a rookie wage scale. Mark was going to be handed at minimum 3 years as starter the day he was drafted where he was, that was the commitment you made when you drafted a QB that high with the old rules. Now it is much better and a first round pick does not guarantee that kind of commitment.

Schiano is coaching for his job...there is no way he is gonna tank for Bridgewater. Not saying TB isn't in the running though.

And it never should have been. It's amazing that the dumbass jets didn't even think about the possibility of an injury. This was all about the coddling of a player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

At least that team has the balls to bench the guy and draft possible competition, unlike the Jets with Sanchez under Tanny and Rex.
    Wasn't Sanchez benched last season and then McElroy got a concussion and Tebow needs a offense set for him and there were 3 games left so they went with Sanchez who was healthy instead of Tebow.. I never knew you were such a big Tebow fan??