Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Freeman benched LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Didn't some Einstein here post a thread that we should trade for him?

God, I love the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    I liked Glennon a lot at NC State, curious to see how he does...can't do worse than Freeman

3 weeks too late. and Schiano hated the guy from the beginning. But I don't like Glennon much at all to be honest, I think he's basically a statue in the backfield, and he doesn't have the accuracy to rely on his arm so much. I think it's going to be pretty rough in TB pretty soon. Wish we somehow had gotten their first round pick along with Richardson, lol.

All Pro
    Freeman's fall has been epic. A year or so ago, he was a rising star - big, mobile, had put up some big passing performances. Now, he rivals Sanchez in the "just about done" department.

Having fun yet, Darelle?
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 09-25-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    3 weeks too late. and Schiano hated the guy from the beginning. But I don't like Glennon much at all to be honest, I think he's basically a statue in the backfield, and he doesn't have the accuracy to rely on his arm so much. I think it's going to be pretty rough in TB pretty soon. Wish we somehow had gotten their first round pick along with Richardson, lol.
    If he plays anything like he did in College, he will be very frustrating to root for. He will make 5 "Favre-esque" passes in a row and then follow that up with 5 of the ugliest looking passes you have ever seen. He has all the tools and could develop into something, but I am surprised they are rushing him into the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Freeman's fall has been epic. A year or so ago, he was a rising star - big, mobile, had put up some big passing performances. Now, he rivals Sanchez in the "just about done" department.
    Yeah, I don't really see it that way. Freeman always had questions and never really put anything together to make him a rising star. He was constantly rating right around Sanchez.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I liked Glennon a lot at NC State, curious to see how he does...can't do worse than Freeman
    Not mobile but Glennon was charted as having the most accurate long ball among the 2013 class, he performed well in the pre-season.
    It's the right move for TB, find out now if the kid has anything before they decide whether to enter the Teddy Bridgewater stakes.

He's 6'6" tall, he won't have any problem seeing over his offensive line
    Last edited by Gangrene; 09-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If he plays anything like he did in College, he will be very frustrating to root for. He will make 5 "Favre-esque" passes in a row and then follow that up with 5 of the ugliest looking passes you have ever seen. He has all the tools and could develop into something, but I am surprised they are rushing him into the lineup.
    Yeah, he has the arm talent to be really good. But his tape in college wasn't that great, and he played absolutely horrible at the Senior Bowl. I think Doug Martin is just going to run as much as possible, and then they'll try the play action and just throw it deep.

Schiano would have benched Freeman at some point regardless of how Tampa faired. It was only a matter of time, and last game is a great excuse for it.

Problem for Schiano and Tampa is that you can't go back to Freeman if Glennon doesn't pan out. It hasn't worked out in the past without consequences.

Looks like Tampa will be looking for another QB if Glennon isn't the guy. All the luck to him, but TB is in a precarious situation.
    Last edited by John_0515; 09-25-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I really loved Glennon in this draft. He is as much of a project as I have ever seen thou. That said TB right now is a 4-12 team so why the heck not. Greg is on the hot seat and his QB is not on his side. If he goes 0-8 will likely not make the end of the season IMO.

All League
    What a horrible draft for QB's. Stafford only good one. Forgot Edelman was a QB lol.

2009 NFL Draft QB

Name Pos Ht Wt College Pick Team
    [+]
    Bomar, Rhett QB 6'2" 225 Sam Houston State Pick 15, Round 5 (151) Giants
    [+]
    Brandstater, Tom QB 6'5" 220 Fresno State Pick 1, Round 6 (174) Broncos
    [+]
    Davis, Nate QB 6'1" 226 Ball State Pick 35, Round 5 (171) 49ers
    [+]
    Edelman, Julian QB 5'11" 195 Kent State Pick 23, Round 7 (232) Patriots
    [+]
    Freeman, Josh QB 6'6" 248 Kansas State Pick 17, Round 1 (17) Buccaneers
    [+]
    McGee, Stephen QB 6'3" 225 Texas A&M Pick 1, Round 4 (101) Cowboys
    [+]
    Null, Keith QB 6'3" 222 West Texas AM Pick 23, Round 6 (196) Rams
    [+]
    Painter, Curtis QB 6'3" 225 Purdue Pick 28, Round 6 (201) Colts
    [+]
    Sanchez, Mark QB 6'2" 227 Southern Cal Pick 5, Round 1 (5) Jets
    [+]
    Stafford, Matthew QB 6'2" 225 Georgia Pick 1, Round 1 (1) Lions
    [+]
    Teel, Mike QB 6'3" 225 Rutgers Pick 5, Round 6 (178) Seahawks
    [+]
    White, Pat QB 6'0" 197 West Virginia Pick 12, Round 2 (44) Dolphins

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    timberrrrrr

At least that team has the balls to bench the guy and draft possible competition, unlike the Jets with Sanchez under Tanny and Rex.

as long as they keep losing, that 3rd rounder is looking better and better. if they lose to the cards this week i imagine you'll hear more crap about revis complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    At least that team has the balls to bench the guy and draft possible competition, unlike the Jets with Sanchez under Tanny and Rex.
    They waited just as long as the Jets - Freeman and Sanchez were drafted in the same year. There's more than one way to bench a guy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Having fun yet, Darelle?
    image.jpg
    Enjoy the "family atmosphere"

Dont tell him that, you'll ruin his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They waited just as long as the Jets - Freeman and Sanchez were drafted in the same year. There's more than one way to bench a guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Josh Freeman over slept and showed up late for practice and that was the final straw.