Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its about time; Turkey leg banishment cant be far behind.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Its about time; Turkey leg banishment cant be far behind.

Disneyland and Walt Disney World to change access program for disabled

The new plan will allow holders of special tickets to have faster return times and shorter waits, similar to the FastPass system, but not just go to the front of the line.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ANAHEIM, Calif. — People with disabilities will no longer go straight to the front of lines at Disneyland and Walt Disney World after growing abuse of the system, park officials said.

Under the change, visitors will be issued tickets with a return time and a shorter wait similar to the FastPass system that’s offered to everyone.

The current way “certainly has been problematic, and we wanted to curb some of the abuse of this system,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown told the Orange County Register.

The change takes effect Oct. 9 for guests with park-issued disability cards. Disney officials said more details will be released after park employees are briefed on the new rules.

JIM WATSON/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

The change takes effect Oct. 9 for guests with park-issued disability cards.

Currently, visitors unable to wait in the regular line can get backdoor access to rides or go through the exit and wait in a shorter line.

Brown compared the change to making a reservation and boarding at the appointed time.

RELATED: HOLLY MADISON MARRIES PASQUALE ROTELLA

The move was a response to the phenomenon of disabled “tour guides” who charge money, sometimes hundreds of dollars, to accompany able-bodied guests and allow them to avoid long lines. The park said others who don’t have a disability have been able to get an assistance card since no proof of disability is required.

JOE RAEDLE/GETTY IMAGES

Disney is setting up a new system for people with disabilities.

Some families of children with epilepsy and autism criticized the change, saying some kids’ disabilities just don’t allow them to wait in standard lines.

“Given the increasing volume of requests we receive for special access to our attractions, we are changing our process to create a more consistent experience for all our guests while providing accommodations for guests with disabilities,” Brown said in a statement.

Rebecca Goddard takes her sons, age 4 and 6, to Disneyland once a week. Her sons have autism and can’t stand in lines longer than a few minutes before they start pushing other people.

“My boys don’t have the cognition to understand why it’s going to be a long wait,” Goddard told the Register. “There are so few things for my boys that bring them utter joy and happiness — to mess with it just makes me sad.”

The advocacy group, Autism Speaks, consulted with Disney officials on the change and urged parents to see how it unfolds.

“Change is difficult,” said Matt Asner, executive director of the Southern California chapter. “I didn’t want it to change, but I understand there was an issue that needed to be dealt with.”

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2fm242OU2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    ANAHEIM, Calif. — People with disabilities will no longer go straight to the front of lines at Disneyland and Walt Disney World after growing abuse of the system, park officials said.

Under the change, visitors will be issued tickets with a return time and a shorter wait similar to the FastPass system that’s offered to everyone.

The current way “certainly has been problematic, and we wanted to curb some of the abuse of this system,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown told the Orange County Register.
    No doubt the state police union will argue the new system cannot be safely whatevered without a state trooper on site. Ironically, the abuse of the system was due in large part to townie cawps line-jumping, claiming their donut-guts and hemoroids consistute a disability.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its about time; Dildo banishment cant be far behind.
    Fixed

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Ironically, the abuse of the system was due in large part to townie cawps line-jumping, claiming their donut-guts and hemoroids consistute a disability.
    I've argued against this for years, occasionally raising my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fixed

LMAO, never gets old. That Things, he's a keeper.

-

Bewildered Beast
    The t-shirt caption really sets the tone

Jets Insider VIP

Rebecca Goddard takes her sons, age 4 and 6, to Disneyland once a week. Her sons have autism and can’t stand in lines longer than a few minutes before they start pushing other people.

“My boys don’t have the cognition to understand why it’s going to be a long wait,” Goddard told the Register. “There are so few things for my boys that bring them utter joy and happiness — to mess with it just makes me sad.”

The advocacy group, Autism Speaks, consulted with Disney officials on the change and urged parents to see how it unfolds.

“Change is difficult,” said Matt Asner, executive director of the Southern California chapter. “I didn’t want it to change, but I understand there was an issue that needed to be dealt with.”

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2fm242OU2

I feel bad that her kids have autism, but once a week - wtf? Must be made of money.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm outraged.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sad that so many dooshes among us are so ethically challenged that they ruin it for the truly disabled. I guess that's limo libs for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I'm outraged.
    My lawyers will be in touch.

FTR...who in their right mind would voluntarily go you that god-forsaken place without a gun to their head?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fixed

long ways from the days of the svelte red robed era....

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Sad that so many dooshes among us are so ethically challenged that they ruin it for the truly disabled. I guess that's limo libs for ya.
    Yeah you're right, because God knows only LIBRULS would abuse the system like that. GOP right-wing wingnut teabaggers would NEVER do such thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    About time, some people really abuse this but they shoudlnt apply to kids with autism but the fat people in scooters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Yeah you're right, because God knows only LIBRULS would abuse the system like that. GOP right-wing wingnut teabaggers would NEVER do such thing.
    glad you agree!

Jets Insider VIP
    Somewhat relevant

Blows, I have a guide for $100/hr and got on everything...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I feel bad that her kids have autism, but once a week - wtf? Must be made of money.
    I used to have to take my daughter for rides in the car about 5x a day just to stop her from having meltdowns. You do what you have to, no matter the cost.

As for the policy, it's just bad. Once again, taking the easy way out and punishing everyone is preferable to making the tougher call of holding people accountable for their actions or enforcing the rules.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't even realize this existed. Sad that some azzholes ruined it for kids that really needed it. Sad but predictable.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Somewhat relevant

LOL

somehow this ends with nightmares about Phil Rizzuto cutting in front of me for eternity.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

As for the policy, it's just bad.
    I dont know where they decided there's no difference between bovine, swollen cankled, psuedo-cattles and their extended family of toofless be-legged sea lions... and developmentally disabled kids.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Its liberalism consuming itself, sort of.

-

y

I dont know where they decided there's no difference between bovine, swollen cankled, psuedo-cattles and their extended family of toofless be-legged sea lions... and developmentally disabled kids.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    seriously.

fat is not a disability.

fat is a choice.