Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the McKnight bridge sailed for good?

All Pro
    "OK hear me out"...the "Kick Me Please" sign o' the Innernet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    "OK hear me out"...the "Kick Me Please" sign o' the Innernet
    Please change your Location: jerk

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Somehow, I think that if one had to put down that he had "superior intellect", it always seems like he's trying to convince himself instead of us.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Mod please edit title, supposed to be "ship sailed" damn I-phones lol!
    I guarantee that is one title that will never be changed.

Have a Frescaź

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Harrier thought it was funny. Maybe you lack a sense of humor?

Or maybe I'm just not funny.
    He's just being droll. It's a great mixed metaphor...

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I guarantee that is one title that will never be changed.

Have a Frescaź
    I can live with it!

Somewhere Joshua Cribbs is trying on some green ... just to see how he looks in it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    OK sg3.5!

For WCO's eyes only: He gets his kicks in Stepney, not in McKnightsbridge anymore

Ok hear me out before you start the dump posts.

I was in total favour of dropping McKnight like a stone after camp because let's face it he did nothing to earn a roster spot, nor did he embrace our competition mantra.

One of the only negatives and something that really concerns me is the inability to give Geno a short field, Gates clearly isn't the answer and I can't see us risking Cro.

The only good thing about McKnight are his returns and there is nothing comparable out there right now, is it worth giving him another shot? Really think a short field now and then will help Geno, we just can't keep setting him up on the 20 and expecting him to drive down the field.

Thoughts?
    It makes no sense whatsoever to waste a roster spot on such a one dimensional player. For crying out loud, the KO return never happens any more in this league. The rules have made it impossible.

This is to say nothing about the fact Joe McKnight SUCKS. He was a POS right from the minute he was drafted. All he ever wanted was just to get paid. He never gave a sh*t about being a Jet. He just wanted their money.

A player of McKnight's limited scope can EASILY be replaced. Remember Justin Miller? He turned out to be as one dimensional as Joe McKnight. A great KO returner and a f*cking horrible CB. Yet, the Jets cut his a$$.

Joe McKnight sucks and probably will never play another down in the NFL again.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 09-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    OK sg3.5!

For WCO's eyes only: He gets his kicks in Stepney, not in McKnightsbridge anymore
    What a bizarre reference. I was born in Stepney.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It makes no sense whatsoever to waste a roster spot on such a one dimensional player. For crying out loud, the KO return never happens any more in this league. The rules have made it impossible.

This is to say nothing about the fact Joe McKnight SUCKS. He was a POS right from the minute he was drafted. All he ever wanted was just to get paid. He never gave a sh*t about being a Jet. He just wanted their money.

A player of McKnight's limited scope can EASILY be replaced. Remember Justin Miller? He turned out to be as one dimensional as Joe McKnight. A great KO returner and a f*cking horrible CB. Yet, the Jets cut his a$$.

Joe McKnight sucks and probably will never play another down in the NFL again.
    It does appear his only capability is redundant in today's NFL, I just can't stand watching Gates back there.

It does appear his only capability is redundant in today's NFL, I just can't stand watching Gates back there.
    I completely agree. Gates is garbage. But if you are concerned about field position and giving Geno a shorter field to work with, why are you not looking at the defense?

Does it strike you as at all odd that the Jets defense has forced so few turnovers? Especially this season where they have been so dominant, they still force very few turnovers? They sacked EJ Manuel 8 times last Sunday and they never forced a fumble that I recall?

As much as I love what Rex does for the defense, I am disappointed about that specific aspect of it. I also think there's no reason why we shouldn't EXPECT that to improve.

That alone would give Geno a much shorter field to work with almost immediately.

Hall Of Fame
    There is an Americas Cup joke in here somewhere. I just know there is.

KO returns IS NOT dead. Our special teams have just been terrible.

McKnight averaged 27.5yds last year.. 10 yards more, every kick off, than we currently are getting. This isn't something minute. Leaving a lot of yards on the field, mixed in with our penalties... It needs to be addressed.

Our special teams is by far the weakest unit on the team. Took Westhoff for granted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I completely agree. Gates is garbage. But if you are concerned about field position and giving Geno a shorter field to work with, why are you not looking at the defense?

Does it strike you as at all odd that the Jets defense has forced so few turnovers? Especially this season where they have been so dominant, they still force very few turnovers? They sacked EJ Manuel 8 times last Sunday and they never forced a fumble that I recall?

As much as I love what Rex does for the defense, I am disappointed about that specific aspect of it. I also think there's no reason why we shouldn't EXPECT that to improve.

That alone would give Geno a much shorter field to work with almost immediately.

Harris and Wilkerson both forced the ball out against Buffalo if I'm not mistaken.

The problem is that it seems like whenever we force a fumble, the opposing team always recovers it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post

McKnight averaged 27.5yds last year.. 10 yards more, every kick off, than we currently are getting. This isn't something minute. Leaving a lot of yards on the field, mixed in with our penalties... It needs to be addressed.

Our special teams is by far the weakest unit on the team. Took Westhoff for granted.
    Kickoff returns are most certainly on the brink of extinction.

How else do you explain almost 80% of kickoffs resulting in touchbacks?

It's ridiculous.

For example, Devin Hester, one of the most exciting and explosive players I've ever seen, is basically going to be forced out of the league because of the pansy ass way that Goodell is running things.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post

Everybody's KO returns are dead. Almost every kick is going out of the back of the end zone. What games have you been watching? BTW I liked Westhoff too but our punt returns have always been weak for as long as I remember and that includes under Westhoff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    He's just being droll. It's a great mixed metaphor...
    thank you - at least someone got it. can I hire you to be my spokesperson?

Hall Of Fame
    Blame concussions and lawsuits but the KO return is a thing of the past.

Bewildered Beast
    OK sg3.5!

I know that tune! "You. Can't. Play. FOr. Me, Cause You've Been McFired!"