Thread: James Wilder Jr. RB FSU... I think he's going to be the best pro...

James Wilder Jr. RB FSU... I think he's going to be the best pro...

Out of this bunch of guys coming out. No one in this class of backs can compare to him. He's built a lot like Peterson, maybe bigger, 6.2 230 and the dude is ripped, no fat on that body. FSU employs a RB by committee so the numbers aren't gaudy, but he's a career 5.77 ypc avg guy. I think he'll run in the 4.4's maybe lower and sneak into the first.

If we miss on Sammy Watkins, he's the guy I want, just wait and see.

Another guy I like is RB Devonta Freeman from FSU as well, he's built a lot like Jones Drew and Ray Rice, not as fast but a grinder, he's a solid 2nd to 3rd round type of guy in my opinion.

A lot of runners are being ranked higher but I think it's a mistake, now with the move of Karlos Wlliams to RB, carries will become even more scarce for these two.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Out of this bunch of guys coming out. No one in this class of backs can compare to him. He's built a lot like Peterson, maybe bigger, 6.2 230 and the dude is ripped, no fat on that body. FSU employs a RB by committee so the numbers aren't gaudy, but he's a career 5.77 ypc avg guy. I think he'll run in the 4.4's maybe lower and sneak into the first.

If we miss on Sammy Watkins, he's the guy I want, just wait and see.

Another guy I like is RB Devonta Freeman from FSU as well, he's built a lot like Jones Drew and Ray Rice, not as fast but a grinder, he's a solid 2nd to 3rd round type of guy in my opinion.

A lot of runners are being ranked higher but I think it's a mistake, now with the move of Karlos Wlliams to RB, carries will become even more scarce for these two.
    Nice back, but I doubt he runs in the 4.4s. I dont think he is that fast, seems quick for a big guy, but not fast.

1. Lache Seastrunk
    2. James Wilder Jr
    3. Ka'deem Carey

My top 3 runningbacks

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    1. Lache Seastrunk
    2. James Wilder Jr
    3. Ka'deem Carey

My top 3 runningbacks
    Wilder has been my 1 for a long time now. Next years class is stacked at RB IMO. I'd take any of my top ten over anyone that went this year.
    1 Wilder
    1a Carey
    3 Seastrunk
    4 LaDarius Perkins
    5 Charles Sims
    6 Damien Williams
    7 George Atkinson III
    8 Melvin Gordon
    9 De'Anthony Thomas
    10 James White

Even guys like Silas Redd, Bishop Sankey, Jerome Smith, and Isaiah Crowell would be improvement for us.

Veteran
    Funny thing is the only reason Wilder went to FSU is because they were they only program that was willing to let him play offense. Every other major program wanted him on the D side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Wilder has been my 1 for a long time now. Next years class is stacked at RB IMO. I'd take any of my top ten over anyone that went this year.
    1 Wilder
    1a Carey
    3 Seastrunk
    4 LaDarius Perkins
    5 Charles Sims
    6 Damien Williams
    7 George Atkinson III
    8 Melvin Gordon
    9 De'Anthony Thomas
    10 James White

Even guys like Silas Redd, Bishop Sankey, Jerome Smith, and Isaiah Crowell would be improvement for us.
    Lache Seastrunk is Ladainian Tomlinson-LITE
    James Wilder Jr is Adrian Peterson-LITE

I'm an FSU fan. I'm not crazy about Wilder like most of my friends because he has little burst. I was thrilled when they decided to move Williams to RB because of his speed, and he's broken big runs in each of his first two games. To compare Wilder to Peterson is laughable. Peterson ran a sub-4.4 40. Wilder is going to run in the 4.6's. Peterson runs with tremendous power, but he is FAST. That's why he's a freak. Wilder is a load for college defenders to bring down, but I'm unconvinced that will translate to the NFL level.

Now, if you've ever seen him on special teams, you'd know why everyone wanted him to play defense. He's like a heat seeking missile, pardon the cliche. He would have made a tremendous SS or weakside LB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm an FSU fan. I'm not crazy about Wilder like most of my friends because he has little burst. I was thrilled when they decided to move Williams to RB because of his speed, and he's broken big runs in each of his first two games. To compare Wilder to Peterson is laughable. Peterson ran a sub-4.4 40. Wilder is going to run in the 4.6's. Peterson runs with tremendous power, but he is FAST. That's why he's a freak. Wilder is a load for college defenders to bring down, but I'm unconvinced that will translate to the NFL level.

Now, if you've ever seen him on special teams, you'd know why everyone wanted him to play defense. He's like a heat seeking missile, pardon the cliche. He would have made a tremendous SS or weakside LB.
    IIRC since I live in the TB area and read the newspaper everyday he was considered more of a DE/OLB. He was one of the highest....if not the highest rated D prospect in the state of florida.

Every big time college was recruiting him too play on the D side of the ball but he wanted to be a back like his father. FSU said you can run it here and he accepted.

As a RB I'm not a huge fan of his because of his upright running style. At least in the limited time that I have seen him and it has been limited.

He reminds me a bit of an Eddy George who I thought would be a bust. I sure was wrong about that prediction but I still don't see Wilder as one of the best backs out there.....and definitely not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    IIRC since I live in the TB area and read the newspaper everyday he was considered more of a DE/OLB. He was one of the highest....if not the highest rated D prospect in the state of florida.

Every big time college was recruiting him too play on the D side of the ball but he wanted to be a back like his father. FSU said you can run it here and he accepted.

As a RB I'm not a huge fan of his because of his upright running style. At least in the limited time that I have seen him and it has been limited.

He reminds me a bit of an Eddy George who I thought would be a bust. I sure was wrong about that prediction but I still don't see Wilder as one of the best backs out there.....and definitely not the best.
    Eddie George is a lofty comparison for this guy. He still has to prove himself at the college level.

Hall Of Fame
    Only guys I want from FSU are the WRs. They have 3 pretty good ones. Shaw, Greene, and Benjamin.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-28-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only guys I want from FSU are the WRs. They have 3 pretty good ones. Shaw, Greene, and Benjamin.
    Agreed, I'd love to take a flyer on Greene in the 4th or 5th round.