Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milliner suffers hamstring injury during practice

Milliner suffers hamstring injury during practice

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets rookie cornerback Dee Milliner did not make it through Wednesday's practice as he suffered a hamstring injury. He was officially listed as a limited participant in practice.
    The ninth pick in April's draft has been dealing with various injuries in his brief career. He missed OTAs and minicamp after undergoing surgery on a torn labrum on March 12, and then missed two preseason games with an Achilles injury. He also had a hip injury earlier this season, but he didn't miss any time. Including his playing time at Alabama, Milliner has already undergone five surgeries.

Milliner started the first two games, but was demoted to strictly nickel package situations for Sunday's game against the Bills. Milliner was benched in the second half against the Patriots on Sept. 12, and the Jets only used him for 22 snaps Sunday. He played the second-fewest snaps among the defensive backs.

Kyle Wilson, who replaced Milliner on the outside against the Bills, had a rough game as he was penalized on four straight plays before being benched for a series. Jets coach Rex Ryan would not commit to him as the starter this weekend against Tennessee. Darrin Walls replaced Wilson when he sat out the series.

"I don't know about that. We'll see," Ryan said of Wilson starting. "Will he start in some defenses? Absolutely."

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets rookie cornerback Dee Milliner did not make it through Wednesday's practice as he suffered a hamstring injury. He was officially listed as a limited participant in practice.
    The ninth pick in April's draft has been dealing with various injuries in his brief career. He missed OTAs and minicamp after undergoing surgery on a torn labrum on March 12, and then missed two preseason games with an Achilles injury. He also had a hip injury earlier this season, but he didn't miss any time. Including his playing time at Alabama, Milliner has already undergone five surgeries.

Milliner started the first two games, but was demoted to strictly nickel package situations for Sunday's game against the Bills. Milliner was benched in the second half against the Patriots on Sept. 12, and the Jets only used him for 22 snaps Sunday. He played the second-fewest snaps among the defensive backs.

Kyle Wilson, who replaced Milliner on the outside against the Bills, had a rough game as he was penalized on four straight plays before being benched for a series. Jets coach Rex Ryan would not commit to him as the starter this weekend against Tennessee. Darrin Walls replaced Wilson when he sat out the series.

"I don't know about that. We'll see," Ryan said of Wilson starting. "Will he start in some defenses? Absolutely."
    I started a thread about three weeks ago about this guy. An injury prone player,who will never play a full schedule

All Pro
    It is really a Little bit of a concern with Milliner that he seems to struggle with a lot of injuries... I love his Response on Sunday though, whenever the ball was going his way he had tight coverage and did not allow one completion. Baby steps, he did not have a full Training camp and got a lot on his plate. I hope he will be fine down the road, most important Thing is that his confidence doesnt get shattered now because that is propably the most important Thing for any cornerback. Rex will know though how to deal with it and I feel good with Milliner having him AND Dennis Thurman as coaches...

Rookie
    Memo:
    Fans to Idzig,
    Stop drafting players with hx of 5 surgeries or in this case 4 surgeries and 1 pending.

It doesn't look good for him early on. But

A: I don't know who they should have taken in that spot. Eifert is the only option I could think of, but the Jets have a bad history with TE's taken in the first round. Brady, Becht, Mitchell, and even Keller to an extent.

B: Sheldon Richardson's early impact has saved Idzik's bacon in the draft.

Rookie
    Flame away but my choice was Warmack. Funny, now we face him this Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Gaddamn Shcittenheimer and those sorry assed Rams donkey dicks!

Stealing Austin from us and not even using him... Probably gonna get him killed with that shlt-show of an "OC" they have there.

HOW in the hell is this Milliner kid so injury prone?! WTF?!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Warmack v Sheldon is a match up I am looking forward to seeing. In fact I think their OL v our DL is a great match up. The best unit on their team is the OL and our best unit is the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Warmack was a possibility but of course there's that adage of not drafting guards in the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Stealing Austin from us and not even using him... Probably gonna get him killed with that shlt-show of an "OC" they have there.

Imagine what MM, could do with Austin here.OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    It is really a Little bit of a concern with Milliner that he seems to struggle with a lot of injuries... I love his Response on Sunday though, whenever the ball was going his way he had tight coverage and did not allow one completion. Baby steps, he did not have a full Training camp and got a lot on his plate. I hope he will be fine down the road, most important Thing is that his confidence doesnt get shattered now because that is propably the most important Thing for any cornerback. Rex will know though how to deal with it and I feel good with Milliner having him AND Dennis Thurman as coaches...
    i think he' gonna be a great player, but if you can't be counted on , it really don't matter how good you are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I thought he had a pretty strong game against Buffalo. Not sure why he was pulled.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I started a thread about three weeks ago about this guy. An injury prone player,who will never play a full schedule
    Good thing you got your crystal ball all polished up

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Imagine what MM, could do with Austin here.OMG
    And Geno!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Serious question. Do you have a cognitive disorder?

Jets Insider VIP
    Look sometimes you get a hammy by lifting and running too much too soon. Don't jump over anyone for a hamstring injury. It is usually trying to do too much to soon. I like this kid a lot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Look sometimes you get a hammy by lifting and running too much too soon. Don't jump over anyone for a hamstring injury. It is usually trying to do too much to soon. I like this kid a lot.
    So what is Ivory's reason? He's been dealing with hammys his entire career so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I thought he had a pretty strong game against Buffalo. Not sure why he was pulled.
    He was only in for like 25 plays as the nickel back in buffalo. That said, he did play well in that limited role. He was pulled I NE game, not against buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Good thing you got your crystal ball all polished up
    I hope im wrong, shevys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    He was only in for like 25 plays as the nickel back in buffalo. That said, he did play well in that limited role. He was pulled I NE game, not against buffalo.
    I didn't notice Milliner much at all in the 2nd half vs Buffalo.