Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outside evaluations of Geno Smith

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But why do you need the common courtesy of providing links to articles you have already read? I think you're just trying to call him out or make him feel stupid?
    Man you sure are dumb. It's not 'common courtesy' it's called copyright infringement and plagiarism.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think those assessments are fair. Geno has made some mistakes, but there has also been some plays where you go "wow, this guy can fling it." For a rookie, he's doing ok. Other than that half season where Favre was healthy, we haven't seen this kind of pure passing ability in 12 years since Vinny Testaverde took us to the playoffs in 2001.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 09-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    1) You lifted this from the Jet fan website 'Turn on the Jets'. At least link to the article.

2) These are not 'outside' evaluations of Geno Smith. They're the evaluations of a bunch of 20-something year old Jets fans who write for a blog. I know the sister of one of the writers you have quoted above. Want to know his football expertise? Zero. Want to know how old he is? 23. He probably also posts here.
    LOL

The kids and their blog sites, everybody is a wannabee expert...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Man you sure are dumb. It's not 'common courtesy' it's called copyright infringement and plagiarism.
    You can always kiss my A$$ you ****** *****?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in case anyone else was also anxiously waiting for this!!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...K2bgqI&fr=ipad

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, that's the Mom.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    What I like:

- Geno can throw a screen pass, which Mark Sanchez struggled mightily with.

- Passes aren't blocked nearly as much.

- Geno throws it away when the play doesn't develop...again, big contrast with Sanchez, who seemed desperate to fit the ball into an improbable window when a play went wrong.

- Geno's pocket presence is a huge upgrade over Sanchez, who has had happy feet for the last two years. Geno looks much calmer, seems to have a better clock in his head.

He's winning me over.

Now, in fairness to Sanchez, Geno has:

- Morningwhig
    - A better offensive line than the 2011 or 2012 Jets.

Those are huge factors in helping a QB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Mike Nolan...He has also had some bad turnovers mostly resulting from when he abandons his technique and doesnít drive off his back leg; leading to under throws.
    I agree with this the most. The good thing is that most of the INTs are NOT from bad reads but from poor throws stemming from being lazy with his technique.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares? I honestly do not.

What's being said is nothing more than what we probably all think about Geno's performance. So now you are concerned about things like footnoting sources? Give it up.
    Yeah, he could get off his high horse. Granted the OP could've linked it, but anyone reading the article could see that it was written by several contributors and bloggers etc. I commend the OP for at least posting the article and adding some quality to the discussions - at least its relevant and directly Jets related. So it comes from "Turnonthejets.com". Now I can add another good Jets fansite to my list. Keep posting CraigFL, everyone gets critics on this forum and you have the usual hee haw donkeys out for laughs.
    Last edited by FijiJet; 09-26-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yeah, he could get off his high horse. Granted the OP could've linked it, but anyone reading the article could see that it was written by several contributors and bloggers etc. I commend the OP for at least posting the article and adding some quality to the discussions - at least its relevant and directly Jets related. So it comes from "Turnonthejets.com". Now I can add another good Jets fansite to my list. Keep posting CraigFL, everyone gets critics on this forum and you have the usual hee haw donkeys out for laughs.
    Try telling Vinny Testaverde's law book thumping niece that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Real Vinny Testaverde even have a niece?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Site owners tend to care about things like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're kinda making stuff up... It's not plagiarism unless you try to pass it off as your own.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You're kinda making stuff up... It's not plagiarism unless you try to pass it off as your own.
    You're not supposed to just copy and paste stuff especially not without attribution. About 3 paragraphs is considered 'fair use' with original link. Most site owners are very strict about this, I can't believe how JI hasn't got burned for this yet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But why do you need the common courtesy of providing links to articles you have already read? I think you're just trying to call him out or make him feel stupid?
    You include the original link to not only attribute the content, but to give the original site the courtesy of the additional clicks and traffic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time post a link and yes credible sources are usually neccessary. What do I care about some random guy who works at Lowe's thinks of Geno's footwork? Seriously ... I'll go to the local Dairy Queen tomorrow and ask Tim, John, & Tammy what they think of Geno and post all that up here tomorrow. Womp womp

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, having written for a site previously, you should really leave a link anytime you are taking most their content word for word. It is essentially, copyright infringement, but when you leave a link, it benefits both parties. And I think the fact that they are regular joe's makes it even more amiss because they aren't making much money if at all, and rely on hits to their websites.

Saying all that, I think it's also important to not dismiss their views just because they aren't established writers. We said it all the time, about how KRL reports of camp were much more informative than the stuff that main stream media was putting out there on a regular basis. Just because you are famous, doesn't mean, your evaluation, or technical advise, is more advanced than some regular person with intellect watching the game. How many main stream media experts shoved it down our throats at the draft that Geno Smith was a dink and dunk guy from the Air Raid, and that we're going to be throwing behind the line of scrimmage more so than we did with Sanchez? And how many non experts who happened to watch Geno Smith and WVU, said, that wasn't the case, and that he had a very strong arm and was very good at throwing downfield? I don't think the dismissal of their opinion based on media exposure is all too wise.

Onto their points: Yes, Geno Smith seems to be improving as the year has moved on and he does have a very good arm. I agree with most of their assessments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Does the Real Vinny Testaverde even have a niece?
    I'm sure she's illegitimate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this one give a sh*t?!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why should we worry about legit sources ... Manish & Cimini don't