Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Titans Message Board

Tennessee Titans Message Board

I wanted to see how the other half lives. I have to say, there are a few humble, rational fans, but many don't really understand (or probably even watch) football. They're just fans. I went through every page of this "Gameday Thread" 3 days before the game, and found only a few posts that seemed to talk about football.

Titans Message Board ( gotitans.com )

Also, there's a 2 day post review rule for fans of opposing teams (that means your posts wouldn't show up for 2 days after a mod reviews them).

Many blowouts predicted. One was 30-14, and our 2nd TD would be a garbage time TD. CJ would run roughshod all over, Locker to have a huge day, and Geno to turn the ball over (well, that one is most likely).

I'm not saying the Jets deserve respect from anyone - but be realistic. Do you watch the games?

Many said that the Jets didn't beat anyone, yet the Titans beat a 1 win Chargers team and a 0 win Steelers team. The weather caused the NE to be close, blah blah blah.

Some said the game would be close. It's good to say "I think we'll win, but......" Your team should win by your prediction, but thinking it's going to be 45-3 is not smart. Locker is as unproven as Geno at this point.

Once again, as much as JI is frustrating sometimes, there is a lot of rational (unbelievable as this sounds) football discussion here. Saying things like "the weather made the game close and you were lucky" makes you sound ignorant.
    Last edited by John_0515; 09-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. What happens in Gameday Threads should stay in Gameday Threads. Ive said some things I am not proud of in those things so that would make it hard for me to judge someone else.

As far as them knocking us, I have heard worse said here about other teams and why they won or lost. Seems to be par for the course. Nobody really wants to give another team credit.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. What happens in Gameday Threads should stay in Gameday Threads. Ive said some things I am not proud of in those things so that would make it hard for me to judge someone else.

As far as them knocking us, I have heard worse said here about other teams and why they won or lost. Seems to be par for the course. Nobody really wants to give another team credit.
    The 2 day posting rule is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Saying things like "the weather made the game close and you were lucky" makes you sound ignorant.
    "The refs are always against us" sounds way better.

GFY!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    GFY!
    ?

Nice 47,592nd post.

what do you expect? there isnt a single fan base who is objective on a message board. take a look at the jet fans...we couldn't catch a cold against NE, we beat up on the Bills and now we are talking about playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Would never work here. That would require the mods to do some modding.

Jets Insider VIP
    When i was on vacation in Georgia, I stopped in Tenn. along the way. I was impressed how friendly everybody was. I'd say we have a 50% chance of coming out with a W. They do love their college football down south but NFL, I'm not so sure they are like us addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what do you expect? there isnt a single fan base who is objective on a message board. take a look at the jet fans...we couldn't catch a cold against NE, we beat up on the Bills and now we are talking about playoffs.
    To be honest, most of the playoff talk came from outside of this website. As annoying as we are to each other, I think the level of discussion is more cerebral here than most other fan boards. We get "homerific" at times, but I think the X's and O's knowledge here is pretty astute.

To be honest, most of the playoff talk came from outside of this website. As annoying as we are to each other, I think the level of discussion is more cerebral here than most other fan boards. We get "homerific" at times, but I think the X's and O's knowledge here is pretty astute.
    there is a lot of knowledge here...but there is plenty of ridiculousness too as evidenced by the fact that board is basically unusable after a every loss AND every win. Very few level headed fans now a days...esp the younger guys.

It's not even a maturity thing, it's more about general football knowledge.

I can rarely stand forums for other teams. Pastfans is a cesspool, the Bills board moves faster than every chan imageboard combined, Lolphins board is filled with Floridians (eww), etc.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    When i was on vacation in Georgia, I stopped in Tenn. along the way. I was impressed how friendly everybody was. I'd say we have a 50% chance of coming out with a W. They do love their college football down south but NFL, I'm not so sure they are like us addicts.
    I visited the Titans website when we had Favre. They were undefeated for like 10 games and then the Jets beat them (they had Kevin Mawae at the time) One of the posters just said "kudos to the Jets for beating us." Most of the posts were like that. It was kinda strange.

It's not even a maturity thing, it's more about general football knowledge.
    Maybe you should bring some of your football knowledge to gotitans and educate us poor ignorant Titans fans. Please, can you come teach us to football?

All League
    I checked out their message board the other day.....a lot of corny smack talk....there was one Jets fan there kissing ass and letting his team get disrespected like it was routine.

"Why did the Jets fan die drinking milk? Because the Cow tipped over" ...... Terrible, corny smack talk and hardly any mention of the opponents strengths and weaknesses. I'm good with posting over their since I'm over the age of 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony4Titans View Post
    Maybe you should bring some of your football knowledge to gotitans and educate us poor ignorant Titans fans. Please, can you come teach us to football?
    Looks like you were wrong, John; it IS a maturity thing.

Bewildered Beast
    ?
    He's flexing!

He's bannable.