Thread: Unheralded Yankee great..Let not forget!

Jets Insider VIP

Unheralded Yankee great..Let not forget!

Anyone remember his game 5 gem against The Braves in 1996? He played in an era of superstar Yankees and held his own.
    Take a bow Andy Pettite.

pettitte20stare[1].jpg

Hall Of Fame
    I'm getting old. I remember that entire season like it was yesterday. Andy and Smoltz were great that night. You could always count on Andy in a big spot. He made getting out of trouble an art form. I still think he has plenty left in his arm but his back and legs have betrayed him in recent years. These past few years, when healthy, Andy has been as good as he ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Anyone remember his game 5 gem against The Braves in 1996? He played in an era of superstar Yankees and held his own.
    Take a bow Andy Pettite.

pettitte20stare[1].jpg
    Amongst all of the merited and well-deserved Mo celebrations, Andy showed that he's still got the heart of NYY fans. He'll always be my favorite pitcher.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm getting old. I remember that entire season like it was yesterday. Andy and Smoltz were great that night. You could always count on Andy in a big spot. He made getting out of trouble an art form. I still think he has plenty left in his arm but his back and legs have betrayed him in recent years. These past few years, when healthy, Andy has been as good as he ever was.
    I remember, man on 1st and 2nd, late innings and the ball was hit to Andy and he went to third. What balls. Posada, Pettite, Jeter and Mo.
    Interestingly..remember Mo was the middle reliever that year.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Amongst all of the merited and well-deserved Mo celebrations, Andy showed that he's still got the heart of NYY fans. He'll always be my favorite pitcher.
    Mine too.