Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We'll see if this franchise and fanbase hav patience now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    you aren't convincing these fans they want results now as for me Im surprised the Jets did this good so far I was expecting 0-4 Geno has shown flashes and will continue to improve the Jets have no elite weapons a patched offensive line and a third down RB as a starter what was everyone expected a superbowl please. the Jets being 2-2 with a offense with a rookie QB with no weapons or franchise RB is an accomplishment people need to calm down.
    Which is a major flaw and vice for this franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they seemed to have no answers today...the officiating was horrible but why was it they got beat so bad to a marginal team?...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    See that's the problem I have with people on here. This team is not a good team. Pure and simple. So stop acting surprised and whiny at the crap you see.
    I agree with this. We are not a very good team, especially on offense. We are asking a rookie QB to do a lot. People act like we have this great defense and Geno is ruining our chances b.c we can win games if our offense doesn't make mistakes. We have a good DL, that is about it. Lets see how this D performs against the Falcons and Saints before we assume they can carry us to the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    first time I saying this but Rex needs to explain himself...this team was totally unprepared for a competitive game...
    Nothing to explain, when your QB throw a pick on his first pass of the game after his history of doing it. It was an uphill battle.
    The Titans are a good team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets should 100% for sure draft a qb next year. If a good one is there for us early they should be going after him. It's stupid to NOT go after a good qb porspect. Wilson and kaeprnick are never drafted if those teams felt it would hurt their incumbent. A young has to show something good early these days as in the 1st year or so. You should not be overly patient with a qb because if you stick with the wrong one you are totally doomed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And don't give me "We've waited 44 years......" Screw that. Ken O'Brien was a good QB, Chad Pennington was a good QB.

People are screaming for Simms to start. The Jets draft a QB next year and the cycle will continue. That's why this franchise doesn't go anywhere. They don't have enough fortitude and patience.
    Whatever ... Some of us never believed in Geno from the start ... Why would we NOT want to see what Simms could do,against a real defense. At least then we would know for sure we should go QB in RD1 of next years draft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The jets should 100% for sure draft a qb next year. If a good one is there for us early they should be going after him. It's stupid to NOT go after a good qb porspect. Wilson and kaeprnick are never drafted if those teams felt it would hurt their incumbent. A young has to show something good early these days as in the 1st year or so. You should not be overly patient with a qb because if you stick with the wrong one you are totally doomed.

The keyword here is : IF

And there's no guarantee that there will be one....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a young team all over ... Including at QB

Unfortunately there will be $h*t performances as they go through growing pains.

This entire season will be an evaluation process of everyone from Rex, MM, Geno on down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    This is a young team all over ... Including at QB

Unfortunately there will be $h*t performances as they go through growing pains.

This entire season will be an evaluation process of everyone from Rex, MM, Geno on down.
    This next game is CRITICAL for Rex in particular.

The Jets D had their collective asses handed to them. Now it's up to Rex to GET THEM TO RESPOND.

IDZIK is going to be watching VERY VERY closely next monday night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    this team is rebuilding fans need to calm down.
    Team has been rebuilding for 44 years when does it end?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Team has been rebuilding for 44 years when does it end?
    WE HAVE NOT BEEN REBUILDING FOR 44 YEARS!

Ken O'Brien good QB.
    Chad Pennington good QB.

And that reasoning is why the Jets fan base is the worst in the NFL.

Rebuilding means coming off a successful tenure, The Jets have been a successful franchise since the mid 90s until the last two years.

Championships is to success as rectangles are to squares.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 09-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WE HAVE NOT BEEN REBUILDING FOR 44 YEARS!

Ken O'Brien good QB.
    Chad Pennington good QB.

And that reasoning is why the Jets fan base is the worst in the NFL.

Rebuilding means coming off a successful tenure, The Jets have been a successful franchise since the mid 90s until the last two years.

Championships is to success as rectangles are to squares.
    not getting to a SB in 44 is rebuilding it the same crap year after after yea. Have not had a franchise QB since Joe Namath. We go through coaches , GM's , players . How many ALL Pro players have we developed over a consistent period of time. Next year Rex Ryan will get fired and we will bring another coaching change with a new phylosophy and new coaches , so the excuse will be we need to give the new coaching staff time. Its a revolving door with the jets the cycle of rebuilding

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    not getting to a SB in 44 is rebuilding it the same crap year after after yea. Have not had a franchise QB since Joe Namath. We go through coaches , GM's , players . How many ALL Pro players have we developed over a consistent period of time. Next year Rex Ryan will get fired and we will bring another coaching change with a new phylosophy and new coaches , so the excuse will be we need to give the new coaching staff time. Its a revolving door with the jets the cycle of rebuilding
    WRONG. And that is why the Jets fanbase is the worst in the NFL. The Chargers haven't won a SB at all. Do you see them whining rebuilding? I DON'T THINK SO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WRONG. And that is why the Jets fanbase is the worst in the NFL. The Chargers haven't won a SB at all. Do you see them whining rebuilding? I DON'T THINK SO.
    You are wrong the jets fan base is loyal and has stuck with this team through mostly down years.
    And as a jets fan i could give a crap about the San Diego Chargers or any other NFL team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Tampa? What about the Bills? What about Philadelphia, with broken down Vick? What about Oakland? What about-----oh, I guess they all have no clear need for a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are wrong the jets fan base is loyal and has stuck with this team through mostly down years.
    And as a jets fan i could give a crap about the San Diego Chargers or any other NFL team.
    That's because this fan base feels entitled for NO REASON.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetFuel, with all due respect, *EVERY* Team's goal is to win a SuperBowl and of course when that doesn't happen, it's a disappointment.

But at the same time, we *must* look at the positives. Why? We have to. There's no other option except whining and complaining(something that SOJF's do)

And I do agree that I could care less what the Bolts do.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets have not had mostly down years, you're so jaded and miserable you can't even enjoy your own team anymore. Just sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because this fan base feels entitled for NO REASON.
    Entitled to you must be joking we have not seen a SB in 44 years how entitled could a fan base be ? what do you expect , we want to win and are getting tired of rebuilding and that is all we do is rebuild. How many coaches have we named and had since 2000 (Belicheat, Groh, Edwards,Mangini, Ryan) we never have stability its sickening .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    The jets have not had mostly down years, you're so jaded and miserable you can't even enjoy your own team anymore. Just sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Enjoy what ? the constant losing , the constant mistakes , miserable play. You must be very young and have not seen the chaos that is the NY Jets.