Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: We'll see if this franchise and fanbase hav patience now.

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I get that. But the cycle just can't keep going. As much as you want to, you can't draft a QB every year. This isn't throwing darts with a blindfold on. This is the NFL.
    Really? WHY NOT? Especially since drafted QB's are cost-controlled by their draft position, unlike Sanchez?

    If Geno ends up the season like Luck, Kapernick, Wilson etc this year, fine...don't draft a QB.

    But the Jets weren't sold on Geno for a reason or they would have taken him in round 1...and so far, he hasn't done a damn thing to change that opinion. 4 TD's and 12 turnovers isn't a rousing start.

    If the Jets are not completely sold on Geno, especially in next years QB rich draft, they NEED to take another QB...worst thing that happens is you trade one of necessary for future draft picks.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The jets should 100% for sure draft a qb next year. If a good one is there for us early they should be going after him. It's stupid to NOT go after a good qb porspect. Wilson and kaeprnick are never drafted if those teams felt it would hurt their incumbent. A young has to show something good early these days as in the 1st year or so. You should not be overly patient with a qb because if you stick with the wrong one you are totally doomed.
    +1000.

    Geno MAY be the answer, but to say we should ignore the position while Geno is allowed to 'learn and develop' without knowing that he is a #1 QB is foolhardy. the 2014 QB draft is DEEP. Get one!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    +1000.

    Geno MAY be the answer, but to say we should ignore the position while Geno is allowed to 'learn and develop' without knowing that he is a #1 QB is foolhardy. the 2014 QB draft is DEEP. Get one!
    Only sure thing is Bridgewater. The Jags will get him. We won't be picking in the top 5 and there will probably be a run on QBs early in this draft. I don't see us being in any sort of position to land a can't miss QB prospect. I think you try to get Geno more weapons and hope he develops

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Only sure thing is Bridgewater. The Jags will get him. We won't be picking in the top 5 and there will probably be a run on QBs early in this draft. I don't see us being in any sort of position to land a can't miss QB prospect. I think you try to get Geno more weapons and hope he develops
    Nope...Not in my opinion. Hell, Geno wasn't a 'can't miss' QB and we took him in rd 2! Now we're gonna pass on another QB? Maybe if Geno shows himself to be another Wilson, Luck or Kapernick..but otherwise..

    I'd take any of the 4 M's of the SEC who should be available somewhere in Rd 1/2...hell...I think like 5 QB's will go in the top 12 next year, and maybe 10 in the top 2 rds, for a reason....and unless Geno 'turns it around' in the turnover department, we'll be drafting around there easy.

    And Bridgewater ain't a sure thing by a long shot.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,462
    Take a f-ing QB in every draft until we find a guy....so tired of mediocre QB play

  6. #46
    Right now Geno is the best healthy QB on the roster. He needs to stay in the position. Simms is not a better QB and bringing in somebody else's trash is not a better answer. Today's game showed that Geno obviously did not win the QB competition in TC.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Take a f-ing QB in every draft until we find a guy....so tired of mediocre QB play
    Totally agree. It's so hard to win consistently in this league without a franchise QB. This team has had those cup of coffee years, like '98 Vinny & '02 Pennington....but nothing long-term. Next year has no sure thing at QB either.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Nope...Not in my opinion. Hell, Geno wasn't a 'can't miss' QB and we took him in rd 2! Now we're gonna pass on another QB? Maybe if Geno shows himself to be another Wilson, Luck or Kapernick..but otherwise..

    I'd take any of the 4 M's of the SEC who should be available somewhere in Rd 1/2...hell...I think like 5 QB's will go in the top 12 next year, and maybe 10 in the top 2 rds, for a reason....and unless Geno 'turns it around' in the turnover department, we'll be drafting around there easy.

    And Bridgewater ain't a sure thing by a long shot.
    Well I disagree. Guys like Boyd and Mariota are not sure things. Unless Geno has an awful season, I am not touching a QB early in next year's draft. We need more playmakers. We could use o-line help too. Geno has the tools, I would give up on him for Bridgewater, but not for guys like Hundley or Boyd. The SEC guys? Hell no. None of them are impressive physically. Murray is small and does not have a great arm. McCarron is on a loaded team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us