Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Ive said from day 1,Geno cant play in adverse conditions(rain,snow, extrme cold)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Ive said from day 1,Geno cant play in adverse conditions(rain,snow, extrme cold)

from day 1, this has been a HUGE concern of mine about Geno.... Geno performing in adverse weather conditions ( ie: rain, snow, extreme cold). In 2 bad weather games (Ne* and Tenn) he's pretty much played like poop. This has been a major concern of mine since following him throughout college

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you believe home field vs. on the road impacts this as well or just weather?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    from day 1, this has been a HUGE concern of mine about Geno.... Geno performing in adverse weather conditions ( ie: rain, snow, extreme cold). In 2 bad weather games (Ne* and Tenn) he's pretty much played like poop. This has been a major concern of mine since following him throughout college
    it was raining for like 10 minutes. what's the excuse the rest of the game?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because WV is a tropical paradise.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You clearly didn't follow him that closely then. It rains and snows all the time in WVA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude the rain was minimal here today. He's a rookie QB that played behind a lousy OL today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think the weather has anything to do with it, I think it has everything to do with inexperience and the fact that our O line was not holding anything today, the corners where going right around the outside like our blockers where standing still. the O Line let us down today. Not saying the O line is at fault today, it is combination, but with a rooky QB everything else needs to click. I feel when not under pressure or on his back or being smothered, Geno delivered the ball well with no more bad passes than any other vet QB. Poor ball handling he will have to work on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....go back and watch tape of every single game he played in (home or road) when it was raining or snowing.....MAJORLY under-preformed in every single one. Ball was damp all day today

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im telling you. Remember this thread. He sucks when the weather isnt good. Reference this and watch for yourself

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Im telling you. Remember this thread. He sucks when the weather isnt good. Reference this and watch for yourself
    Unfortunately, I think he just sucks....no matter the weather

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I remember it for this year, 2 years from now, or 10 years from now? He's only 22 years old, long should we "remember?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not doubting you but there were a lot more variables than a damp ball. His back pedling vs stepping up has got to be corrected. Ivory needs to help out Powell. Marty needs to calm thing down with his play calling and get the kid settled in.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....go back and watch tape of every single game he played in (home or road) when it was raining or snowing.....MAJORLY under-preformed in every single one. Ball was damp all day today
    Except he did not under perform any more than any other game, Titans pressure was more pressure by double the pressure he has faced this season. Now he may have weather issues, but you can not determine that by todays performance. Your trying to dig stuff up, but today's game I do not think supports that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I'm not doubting you but there were a lot more variables than a damp ball. His back pedling vs stepping up has got to be corrected. Ivory needs to help out Powell. Marty needs to calm thing down with his play calling and get the kid settled in.
    yes, agreed. There were more variables today besides the weather. But this weather thing is something im staunch on. File it in the bak of your mind and see how ****ty he plays in all of our bad weather games (wind, rain, snow rain, etc....). We havent even seen the late november Meadowlands wind variable yet

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He seemed to do pretty well against a Belichick lead Pats defense during the middle of a storm until he began to press in the 4th quarter when our slapdick receiver corps couldn't hold onto a ball to save their lives.

Holmes is the only somewhat dependable receiver that we have.

I really don't understand all of the Kerley love. He's a solid slot guy but seems to drop passes during critical situations and is about as useful as my left pinky on punt returns.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might be an optimistic view of Geno.
    It's more than just the weather.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He seemed to do pretty well against a Belichick lead Pats defense during the middle of a storm until he began to press in the 4th quarter when our slapdick receiver corps couldn't hold onto a ball to save their lives.

Holmes is the only somewhat dependable receiver that we have.

I really don't understand all of the Kerley love. He's a solid slot guy but seems to drop passes during critical situations and is about as useful as my left pinky on punt returns.
    Kelley dropped a all that was 5 feet over his head. In the NE game our was dropped passes early, but geno missed throws all game and was horrible in the fourth.

I don't know if its the weather, but so far road games haven't been good to geno. The pressure geno faced today in the second half was bad, but still less pressure than an online gave up consistently thenpast two years.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game. The 10 minute light rain had no effect on Geno's play. He just flat out sucked today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey man, hope he proves me wrong. im rooting for the guy BIG TIME. But from what ive seen early on in 2 questionable weather games and from what i saw in college in a bunch of bad weather WV games i strictly have to go with what ive seen

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember seeing a stat before the season that spoke of his play at WVU when it was under 40 degrees...and his stats were really good. I'm not saying that will translate to the NFL and I do understand the point of your post.