Thread: Our cornerbacks are a huge reason for concern

All Pro

Our cornerbacks are a huge reason for concern

Cromartie's Play has regressed big time, Wilson is undisciplined, Walls got a reality check today and Milliner is a rookie who struggles. We give way too much cushion, challenge no Receiver anymore and got picked apart by a subpar QB like Jake freaking Locker...

Veteran
    good thing they got rid of revis! nate washington? really?

If Milliner keeps getting injured this pick could be a huge bust

It's crazy to see the change of strength on defense. Went from the secondary to the front 7. We really need to sign a young vet next year. Hopefully milliner can become something. If not, were in trouble. It's also a shame we wasted a first round pick on a barely serviceable nickel.

Milliner's injury is a big deal. He really came around in that Buffalo game and it could have been a really nice building block.

I'm not sure what is up with Walls. He has good position but seems unable to make plays on the ball. That touchdown he gave up on that beachball pass...I've never seen a CB see the ball the whole way -- much earlier than the receiver -- and not make the pick, or at least the deflection. He sat back like he was watching TV. Really bad.

He could have had a pick six later if he didn't get his feet tangled up in breaking towards the ball. Again, really strange performance by him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Milliner's injury is a big deal. He really came around in that Buffalo game and it could have been a really nice building block.

I'm not sure what is up with Walls. He has good position but seems unable to make plays on the ball. That touchdown he gave up on that beachball pass...I've never seen a CB see the ball the whole way -- much earlier than the receiver -- and not make the pick, or at least the deflection. He sat back like he was watching TV. Really bad.

He could have had a pick six later if he didn't get his feet tangled up in breaking towards the ball. Again, really strange performance by him.
    Walls is awful. I know people loved him around here, but all CB's can look good in limited playing time. The Titan's definately saw a matchup they liked in Walls and abused it early and often.

Until that 77 yd TD at the end of the game, the defense gave up 150 yds passing, they are in the top 5 in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Walls is awful. I know people loved him around here, but all CB's can look good in limited playing time. The Titan's definately saw a matchup they liked in Walls and abused it early and often.
    You are a classic knee-jerk responder

Walls was fine, he did a poor job on the jump ball at the end of the first half, otherwise, how else was he awful, I'd love to read your analysis of it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Until that 77 yd TD at the end of the game, the defense gave up 150 yds passing, they are in the top 5 in the league.
    They let Locker go 18-24 for 150 yards and 3 TD passes in one half of football. JAKE LOCKER.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    They let Locker go 18-24 for 150 yards and 3 TD passes in one half of football. JAKE LOCKER.
    And all 3 TD passes were on possessions that the started in Jets territory due to turnovers...

Locker has actually been playing solid football

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Cromartie's Play has regressed big time, Wilson is undisciplined, Walls got a reality check today and Milliner is a rookie who struggles. We give way too much cushion, challenge no Receiver anymore and got picked apart by a subpar QB like Jake freaking Locker...
    Milliner being an early bust so far is killing us. He was expected to contribute, but so far he's been a dud. Walls is not a starting-caliber player. You could tell when he tripped over his own 2 feet on what should have been an easy INT of a Fitzpatrick wobbler. Cro has taken a step back. He is not 2012 Cro so far this season. The safeties are not big-time players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And all 3 TD passes were on possessions that the started in Jets territory due to turnovers...

Locker has actually been playing solid football
    He set a career high in TD passes in the first half against us and you're touting the D as top 5 in the league. We haven't forced a turnover since week 1. Your denial runs very deep dude