Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We'll see if this franchise and fanbase hav patience now.

We'll see if this franchise and fanbase hav patience now.

And don't give me "We've waited 44 years......" Screw that. Ken O'Brien was a good QB, Chad Pennington was a good QB.

People are screaming for Simms to start. The Jets draft a QB next year and the cycle will continue. That's why this franchise doesn't go anywhere. They don't have enough fortitude and patience.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And don't give me "We've waited 44 years......" Screw that. Ken O'Brien was a good QB, Chad Pennington was a good QB.

People are screaming for Simms to start. The Jets draft a QB next year and the cycle will continue. That's why this franchise doesn't go anywhere. They don't have enough fortitude and patience.
    So you think that the JETS wanted to draft Geno, he fell to them, they wouldn't have chosen him otherwise. He may end up being a good QB, but if the JETS really wanted him we would not have either Richardson or Milliner.

first time I saying this but Rex needs to explain himself...this team was totally unprepared for a competitive game...

they don't the stupid bench Geno posts are starting. It shows the lack of knowledge the majority of fans have. there will be games like this with a rookie QB.

Benching Geno is out of the question right now. I'm not going to argue about it because, luckily, no one outside some insane posters on this board would even consider it - and surely no one employed by the team. Even great QB's have bad games. Really bad games. Not often, but sometimes. If you bench a guy after 1 bad game, and yeah this was bad, you'll never know what you have in him. You have to give your QB a bit of a run. It's not a week-to-week thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    first time I saying this but Rex needs to explain himself...this team was totally unprepared for a competitive game...
    He said they got beat in every phase of the game including coaching.

But Rex is not a factor because of his lame duck status.

this team is rebuilding fans need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    So you think that the JETS wanted to draft Geno, he fell to them, they wouldn't have chosen him otherwise. He may end up being a good QB, but if the JETS really wanted him we would not have either Richardson or Milliner.
    +1
    If we can draft a franchise QB next year, then go get him

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    this team is rebuilding fans need to calm down.
    See that's the problem I have with people on here. This team is not a good team. Pure and simple. So stop acting surprised and whiny at the crap you see.

Hall Of Fame
    Because it has been 44 years is why we need to let Geno play. Need to find out what we have. Only his 4th game with less than half a TC. Lets give him a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    +1
    If we can draft a franchise QB next year, then go get him
    And what if Bridgewater or Boyd struggle in their first year? What then? The cycle continues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno has 12 games left. And as of now, franchise qb is our #1 need.

Jets Insider VIP
    And what if Bridgewater or Boyd struggle in their first year? What then? The cycle continues.
    No, when u take a qb in round 1, u invest in a minimum of 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I get that. But the cycle just can't keep going. As much as you want to, you can't draft a QB every year. This isn't throwing darts with a blindfold on. This is the NFL.

No, when u take a qb in round 1, u invest in a minimum of 2 years.
    But will fans understand that? Or will they start to get to the young QB?

All League
    LOL!

All Pro
    Jets wont be in position to get bridgewater or boyd... And the #1 need remains the same lack of playmakers. We lose the one guy that avg over 10 ypc and the rest of the offense goes to ****.

See that's the problem I have with people on here. This team is not a good team. Pure and simple. So stop acting surprised and whiny at the crap you see.
    This is all nonsense. no one has failed to mention the real culprit, our OC. Who had his rookie QB throwing out of his own endzone alot in a hostile enviroment.The 4th down play call was a joke, with less than a yd to go.They were blitzing 5 and 6 guys every down it seemed like in the second half.Everybody knows MM is a pass happy OC.I said yesterday it was a prescription for disaster, and it was.

you aren't convincing these fans they want results now as for me Im surprised the Jets did this good so far I was expecting 0-4 Geno has shown flashes and will continue to improve the Jets have no elite weapons a patched offensive line and a third down RB as a starter what was everyone expected a superbowl please. the Jets being 2-2 with a offense with a rookie QB with no weapons or franchise RB is an accomplishment people need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Jets wont be in position to get bridgewater or boyd... And the #1 need remains the same lack of playmakers. We lose the one guy that avg over 10 ypc and the rest of the offense goes to ****.
    I'm not as sure about that as I was. Browns have found something in Brian Hoyer. Vikings played well today with Cassel.

Jaguars are the only team with a CLEAR need at QB.