Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, the positives

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the positives

I know it's easy to bash the team after what just happened, but for those of us not jumping off a cliff, and realizing that we're 2-2, what were the positives from this game? Here's what I think: obviously Geno sucked, but he's bound to have some of those games. Even top QB's in this league have complete clunkers once in a while, this won't be his last. But it's his first, and we'll see how he responds next week. If he goes out there and has a great game then we'll know we have something in him. If not, well, maybe not.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bilal Powell, a huge positive. Also, Goodson will be back next week. and the run defense is spectacular. Other than that not too much positive comes out of this game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Positive is the Jets will be motivated to improve. Penalties will be dealt with. Too many negatives today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is a pleasant surprise. That's about it. The rest of the team didn't show up today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a bunch of fat guys, they don't sweat much

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Positive is the Jets will be motivated to improve. Penalties will be dealt with. Too many negatives today.
    Positives:
    -Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley, CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson. 4 star RBs, not one halfway decent game amongst them. Our Run D is here to stay.
    -Bilal Powell is superb in blitz pickup, and has a great low center of gravity and is very shifty. The only thing stopping him from being a star RB is his lack of speed, which is what I assume kept him from being a highly touted draft pick?
    -Nick Folk is automatic.

Unfortunately, that's about it this week. The ultimate positive that won't show up in the film room? That this was such a god awful performance, that there's really nowhere to go but up.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will be back after four more games

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The game is over?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much.

Powell looked pretty good today, and had we not been behind the 8 ball to start, may have seen him featured more often.
    Run D was good.
    Folk has been good.

And that's it. Everything else was horrible, wasn't even mediocre, just horrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The very few positives that I saw:

Powell - not much else to say there, except as usual he was under-utilized, especially in short yardage. He really is a complete back, and no im not saying he is an adrian peterson 2.0, but he can easily be a 1200 yard rusher with 40 catches, which is hard to find in this league.

Demario is a real player.

Ellis is so frustrating. Im not taking anything away from snacks, but on the few plays he is in the game, ellis obliterates his man. Why is he playing so little?

Our defensive line is exceptional.

As for the non-obvious negatives:

I dont get out gameplanning - why not simplify things for Geno and run the ball more?

What was wrong with our defensive game plan? Harris was on a WR twice (he was burned on both) which should never happen.

Ducasse is a massive liability and we missed the opportunity to give winters an entire quarter with the first team once the game got out of hand. That was poor coaching and a big missed opportunity. I dont care if he flattened wilfork on one play - 6+penalties in 2 games, on top of multiple blow assignments is too much for the offense to overcome.

Our depth at WR is bad. Once they didnt need to respect Hill's deep speed our offense was at a massive disadvantage.

The penalties are awful but again, we have a VERY young team. Please dont blame rex for this - the coach can only do so much.
    I hoped that we could win this game but at this point, we are getting close to focusing on development of the younger players and figuring out a 2014 offseason gameplan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Positives:
    -Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley, CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson. 4 star RBs, not one halfway decent game amongst them. Our Run D is here to stay.
    -Bilal Powell is superb in blitz pickup, and has a great low center of gravity and is very shifty. The only thing stopping him from being a star RB is his lack of speed, which is what I assume kept him from being a highly touted draft pick?
    -Nick Folk is automatic.

Unfortunately, that's about it this week. The ultimate positive that won't show up in the film room? That this was such a god awful performance, that there's really nowhere to go but up.
    Good post. Bottom line today was Geno stunk up the place. He will be put on notice to improve or else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the positives

Homeland is on tonight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Homeland is on tonight.

Breaking Bad finale too. Good TV night

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is a 3-down back. I think he established that. EARTH TO MARTY! EARTH TO MARTY! You are allowed to run the ball, too, you know?

And what can I say about Nick Folk? This nutball (with his Hyperbaulic Time-chamber where he works on becoming a Super-Saiyan) has definitely been TERRIFIC in FGs.

I would just prefer, though, for him to be kicking more extra points than FGs but that's just me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He will be put on notice to improve or else.
    I don't think that's saying much of anything. Every NFL player is pretty much playing for their job all the time. Geno made a lot of bad plays today - he also made several huge throws - throws that you'd have to go back to Farve/Testaverde to see as a Jets fan. 32 teams didn't think Geno was NFL-ready enough to make a #1 - and maybe he's not quite - but the arm talent and even some of the decision-making that's been good (and aggressive) - one would have to be a really short-sighted fan to think that a bad road game from a rookie is worth getting hysterical over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell, the run D, Folk

Nothing else today, we got beaten badly across the board

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    The game is over?
    Lol

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

powells, numbers.........

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Positives:
    -Nick Folk is automatic.

combine - 4.43
    pro day - 4.51
    that's not that bad, and he don't look slow to me, just more decisive. I hope we suck all the way to the clowney sweepstakes, like Pittsburgh, giants, and all the other 0-4 that need him are doing. the rest are for a qb.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I know it's easy to bash the team after what just happened, but for those of us not jumping off a cliff, and realizing that we're 2-2, what were the positives from this game? Here's what I think: obviously Geno sucked, but he's bound to have some of those games. Even top QB's in this league have complete clunkers once in a while, this won't be his last. But it's his first, and we'll see how he responds next week. If he goes out there and has a great game then we'll know we have something in him. If not, well, maybe not.
    HIS FIRST?

What was throwing 3 4th qtr INT's against the Pats?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only positive is that no matter how bad they played today, its still only counts for 1 L. Hopefully they can bounce back with a good performance next Monday night.