Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotate Smith and Simms rest of way...half for one, half for the other

Rotate Smith and Simms rest of way...half for one, half for the other

The Jets need to see what they have in both of these QB's. I still feel Simms outplayed all other QB's in pre-season and deserved the starting nod. Smith is more a "gunslinger" and will always throw his share of picks. Unfortunately after 4 seasons with Sanchez I can't tolerate that type play. I'd like to see if Simms facing the same team as Smith week in and week out will outperform Smith. My bet is he would.

Or maybe just put in Simms on the plays where Geno turns it over? Yeah thats the ticket.

What happens if there's an overtime game? Do we put the sanchize in there for some 5th quarter action?

Veteran
    Jeebus

All Pro
    Didn't Joe Flacco who just signed for 100mil throw 5 ints in a game today. Geno is a rookie, and is gonna be prone to making rookie mistakes. It's how u learn, and hopefully get better. The worst thing to do is to dummy down the offense and curtail this kid's development. Live with the mistakes, and fix the areas of the team that shouldn't be happening.

Fix the penalties
    Fix the issues at CB
    Fix the issues at WR

Geno is learning, and dispite what it looks like, the team is getting better.

The running game is improving
    The chunk plays are happening
    The DL is unstoppable
    The Lbers are making plays

Who would have ever believe the weak spot on the Jets would be the CB position. Yes, Including Cro.

Clueless, absolutely clueless.

If I were head coach I would have benched geno at halftime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    About 75% of the board seems to be tonight, not necessarily unlike any other night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

Thankfully, you're not, so you can focus on being better at whatever it is you curerently do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

Cool tale. I'd like to hear what you would do if you were any other number of high-profile people, when you have the chance.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Didn't Joe Flacco who just signed for 100mil throw 5 ints in a game today. Geno is a rookie, and is gonna be prone to making rookie mistakes. It's how u learn, and hopefully get better. The worst thing to do is to dummy down the offense and curtail this kid's development. Live with the mistakes, and fix the areas of the team that shouldn't be happening.

Fix the penalties
    Fix the issues at CB
    Fix the issues at WR

Geno is learning, and dispite what it looks like, the team is getting better.

The running game is improving
    The chunk plays are happening
    The DL is unstoppable
    The Lbers are making plays

Who would have ever believe the weak spot on the Jets would be the CB position. Yes, Including Cro.
    The raven's are bad this year because they game a ton of money to a below average QB, who had a nice streak in the playoffs.

You don't accept the level of play by Geno even if he's a rookie. The OP's idea is obviously moronic. But if Geno doesn't play much better in the next 4 games than he did in the first 4 games I would definately say bench him and see what Simms has.

Worst idea ever. Geno is learning. You have to have the patience to deal with these games, because guess what? There are at least another 2-3 games like this coming before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Word.

I say just sit Geno ... See what Simms has .. I agree we should find out as much a s possible about both guys before drafting Bridgewater next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How about we understand that raw, rookie QBs with tons of talent still have really bad games, and we should let him learn from his mistakes before we make radical changes to the most important position on our offense? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    How about we understand that raw, rookie QBs with tons of talent still have really bad games, and we should let him learn from his mistakes before we make radical changes to the most important position on our offense? Just a thought.
    Maybe he can learn better from the bench ... Cause he ain't learning on the field.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    The Jets need to see what they have in both of these QB's. I still feel Simms outplayed all other QB's in pre-season and deserved the starting nod. Smith is more a "gunslinger" and will always throw his share of picks. Unfortunately after 4 seasons with Sanchez I can't tolerate that type play. I'd like to see if Simms facing the same team as Smith week in and week out will outperform Smith. My bet is he would.
    Wtf is wrong with people. Holy **** I can't begin to describe how stupid your post is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFY SAR View Post
    What happens if there's an overtime game? Do we put the sanchize in there for some 5th quarter action?
    Lol ... Well played sir

Lets self-fellatiate for every TD the Geno scores while we're at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Maybe he can learn better from the bench ... Cause he ain't learning on the field.

He's learning plenty. Every week he's seeing something new, and with every mistake he's learning.

You don't learn how to drive a car by sitting in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    He's learning plenty. Every week he's seeing something new, and with every mistake he's learning.

You don't learn how to drive a car by sitting in the back seat.
    And THAT, right there, is the whole point of Geno starting all 16 games(which, IMO, he will). That's the only way he'll learn and Jets fans will have to deal with that fact that the Jets Organization is willing to wait.