Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not even that upset...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean beating the Bills was such an important game, that we showed up flat at best. Let's hope NE loses and then we can reassess.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    DDNYjets, I was more pissed about the Defense.

Anytime you give up 38 points, the fault lies in the Defense.

Remember that the 'D' up till this game did a good job in MINIMIZING those turnovers at worst into just FGs. Had they done that, this would've been a game late....
    I agree. Forgot to mention that. I cut them some slack because of the turnovers but the 3rd down defense is poor and we do not force turnovers. We have a pretty good DL but that is about it. I also wasn't happy with some of the schemes. I do not like to see Sheldon Richardson dropping into coverage and there were a couple of times where we had a LB on a WR. We have to have better options than that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    They gave up points after being asked to stop the team from their own 25 for most of the game. TO's killed us today, and the defense, the defense was not the problem, and is not something we should be concerned about.

The offensive penalties and TO's are the only problem.
    I disagree. As much as I would like to say everything is great with the defense. The fact that this defense is so dominant and yet cannot generate turnovers is alarming. It's a problem. There's simply no excuse for the defenses inability to take the ball away. Either Rex does not teach taking the ball away or this defense is not as good as everyone might think.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray ray just stfu already, seriously. This post starts out by calling out the "idiots" that are rightfully upset with that joke display today. Still don't understand why you are still allowed to post here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollywhoppin View Post
    Ray ray just stfu already, seriously. This post starts out by calling out the "idiots" that are rightfully upset with that joke display today. Still don't understand why you are still allowed to post here.
    LOL, so which banned re-tread are you with your 14 posts since July?

The "idiots" are starting STUPID threads and making fools of themselves

I also called out the media, equally as clueless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I disagree. As much as I would like to say everything is great with the defense. The fact that this defense is so dominant and yet cannot generate turnovers is alarming. It's a problem. There's simply no excuse for the defenses inability to take the ball away. Either Rex does not teach taking the ball away or this defense is not as good as everyone might think.
    We don't try. Many times we had CJ bottled up and the third man in went for a hit not a strip.
    And he wasn't protecting it very well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They gave up points after being asked to stop the team from their own 25 for most of the game. TO's killed us today, and the defense, the defense was not the problem, and is not something we should be concerned about.

The offensive penalties and TO's are the only problem.
    Defense did a better job at minimizing those turnovers to FG's up till this game, Ray.

It's not impossible to expect at least close to the same performance by them....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Defense did a better job at minimizing those turnovers to FG's up till this game, Ray.

It's not impossible to expect at least close to the same performance by them....
    We lost those one on one match ups to the outside on 3rd down we usually win to force a FG. One play cro fell another walls had position and never jumped. titans played well (held well too) and didn't commit Turnovers. turnovers on the road are killer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    We don't try. Many times we had CJ bottled up and the third man in went for a hit not a strip.
    And he wasn't protecting it very well.
    Well, like I said, it must be one of the two. That has to change. It's important to provide a young QB with short field opportunities. Rex needs to start grilling the players on that. I'm actually quite surprised this does not get mentioned much more often.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not upset at all either ...

We are playing a guy that was our 3rd pick and not drafted until the second round ... He is simply not that good. Certainly not good enough to assume he is our franchise QB of the future.

I'm glad we are letting him play ... It will make taking a better QB easier next April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess all you want, this is just my first account after lurking for a while. A long time watching you try to shove 53 d*cks, plus the staff's into your mouth, calling anyone who criticizes this team an idiot, or something like "GFY! CLUELESS TROLL SOJF STFU."

Were all jet fans, nobody needs your BS stirring them up after a horrible loss. Just get back to choking on those d*cks. Winky face, smiley, please don't ban me brah

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course ray ray is not upset. He's happy to be a lousy loser team. He makes a long post about the positives after we have been destroyed. He of course starts off by calling people names in his 1st sentence or so.

By far the worst poster on these forums and in the top 3 as far as being utterly stupid and out of touch regarding what it takes to have a winning team. The jets could go another 10 years and have the worst record in the league and this dumbo would still make posts like this. Just an utter fool.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well ive had this account for a while but really just started paying attention

Am I supposed to take this guy seriously. The first one of these I saw i kinda chuckled and shook my head but now i think hes serious

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm not upset at all either ...

We are playing a guy that was our 3rd pick and not drafted until the second round ... He is simply not that good. Certainly not good enough to assume he is our franchise QB of the future.

I'm glad we are letting him play ... It will make taking a better QB easier next April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm also glad we are letting him play but not for the reason you're saying.

The only way a Rookie QB can become a Regular Starting NFL QB in this league is through REAL NFL GAME-TIME Conditions(Regular Season games).

Yeah...Geno is making his fair share of mistakes but he's also shown flashes that he has that capability of putting it all together as well.

I think that by the time the season is over, we'll have a better idea of whether Geno has earned the title of Jets Starting QB or simply the title of backup while Sanchez hits the road....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Ray might have spiked my water b.c I am not that upset about this loss either. I am more pissed about the penalties and blocking. I think Geno was competitive. We have seen some games over the past couple of years where the QB was overwhelmed. I did not get that impression today. I just don't think we are that good of a team and we are asking a rookie QB to do a lot.
    I am one of the biggest Rex defenders but today was bad. Rex said penalties would be cleaned up and they were not. OL coaching has been downgraded. We have capable guys but they are not disciplined. Colon came as a penalty machine but what is the excuse for Vlad. Defense was not good enough, and I realize they were put in bad spots, but it was still a bad performance. Overall, we were not prepared

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right, its called red zone D. Hold em to two FGs and the jets are still in it in the 1st half.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, like I said, it must be one of the two. That has to change. It's important to provide a young QB with short field opportunities. Rex needs to start grilling the players on that. I'm actually quite surprised this does not get mentioned much more often.
    Most of the time I don't agree with your bashing of the defense, but I do agree it would be nice if guys were trying to take the ball away. However, many times when guys do that they miss tackles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollywhoppin View Post
    Guess all you want, this is just my first account after lurking for a while. A long time watching you try to shove 53 d*cks, plus the staff's into your mouth, calling anyone who criticizes this team an idiot, or something like "GFY! CLUELESS TROLL SOJF STFU."

Were all jet fans, nobody needs your BS stirring them up after a horrible loss. Just get back to choking on those d*cks. Winky face, smiley, please don't ban me brah
    If you don't like it, put me on ignore, and STFU.

The funny thing is, this thread isn't about not criticizing the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rah Rah is given a wide birth in here. He simply attacks with impunity, then whines to the Ops if you respond.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Of course ray ray is not upset. He's happy to be a lousy loser team. He makes a long post about the positives after we have been destroyed. He of course starts off by calling people names in his 1st sentence or so.

By far the worst poster on these forums and in the top 3 as far as being utterly stupid and out of touch regarding what it takes to have a winning team. The jets could go another 10 years and have the worst record in the league and this dumbo would still make posts like this. Just an utter fool.
    **** off, you know nothing, and you know nothing about me, and this thread isn't at all about being happy or unhappy about losing you tool.