Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, out for season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if he gave Chad a call to talk about labrums.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex better hope Geno gets a lot better, he's going to get destroyed by the media and fan base if we finish in last place and Geno continues to play like he has been. Such a dumb decision to play Sanchez in that preseason game, so we could "win"
    I know this gets ignored a lot, but if Geno Smith played well in that game, you do realized that Sanchez would have gone in under the exact same circumstances (the same circumstances that Geno went in under in week 1).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Yup, but outside of 1-3 guys on this roster who else would be worth that designation if they got hurt??
    99% of people on here say he isn't worth the IR Desig move to begin with.

And if the previous GM did this this board would be roasting him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    It's Geno Smith's team in New York now, if there was any remaining doubt.
    Plenty of doubt. This QB4lyfe mentality, you know, it's burned us before. Short leashes improve play - and if anyone's psyche can't handle it, then who needs him anyway?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    We sign Brady Quinn as our 3rd string QB and we produce a thread of over 100 pages ...

Mark Sanchez - the QB who played in 2 AFC championship games and a key member of the most successful J-E-T-S team in the last 40 years - elects to end his season and undoubtedly his J-E-T-S career .... and the best we can do is a couple of pages

That's why I love this board

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I blame Tanny..
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Brack View Post
    We sign Brady Quinn as our 3rd string QB and we produce a thread of over 100 pages ...

Mark Sanchez - the QB who played in 2 AFC championship games and a key member of the most successful J-E-T-S team in the last 40 years - elects to end his season and undoubtedly his J-E-T-S career .... and the best we can do is a couple of pages

It's Tanny's fault.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's smart he'll go the David Carr route & sign with a team that has an established starter. Kick back with the clip board, collect checks, bang models and smoke herb...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish nothing but the best for Sanchez who has been first class as well as very successful during his time with the Jets.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see no point in Mark being around Geno anymore.
    He has no reason to be in his ear all of the time.
    Whatever he's telling him can't be anything worthwhile. Talk to the COACHES, Geno. NOT Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Other than placating a few fans with an extra win or two, what purpose would have been served starting Mark Sanchez?

Because I'm not seeing the great loss of losing the worst QB in the NFL over the past four years and getting an opportunity to fully judge your 2nd Round Draft Pick QB to see if he is or is not our future at the QB position.

i.e. Nothing of worth has been lost.

This.
    It's not about Sanchez starting, it's about Geno sitting, that's what I think would've been best for his future development. He's being put in a position to fail, and the fanbase is going to turn on him very soon. It's actually already happening and we're four games into his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Brack View Post

We've had 10,000 more pages about Mark Sanchez on this forum than any other topic over the last few years. He was never a key member of anything. He was magnificently fortunate to be unlike most 1st year QB's who play on garbage teams. The two AFC title years the team had a top 5 running game, defense and oline. He had a few good games during his tenure here but was never a really good QB. It was time to move on at the end of last year and only his bloated salary kept him on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It's not about Sanchez starting, it's about Geno sitting, that's what I think would've been best for his future development. He's being put in a position to fail, and the fanbase is going to turn on him very soon. It's actually already happening and we're four games into his career.
    If he continues to play as bad turnover wise as he had so far he will deserve the fans 'turning on him'. We just came off of a QB who cost us game after game by turning the ball over. Smith has to figure it out sooner than later, whether it is fair or not. He's a 2nd round pick who has to show enough this year to be slotted as a possible long term starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, out for season

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I see no point in Mark being around Geno anymore.
    He has no reason to be in his ear all of the time.
    Whatever he's telling him can't be anything worthwhile. Talk to the COACHES, Geno. NOT Mark.
    Yes. I'm sure Mark told him to have 11 Turnovers in 4 games.

Funny how people want QBs only to listen to guys who couldn't even make it to a NFL field. And yes, I like Marty

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other words we couldnt trade him so we IRed him. Not shocking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I wish nothing but the best for Sanchez who has been first class as well as very successful during his time with the Jets.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
    +1, will root for him with his next team, 'cept when they play the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean we won't be seeing his headband on the sidelines anymore??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @mortreport: Mark Sanchez still has not abandoned his rehab goals for shoulder & has no definite plans for surgery yet, per source close to Sanchez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    It's Mark Sanchez. We would at best be 2-2 with him and possibly 0-4. We would finish last with Sanchez. Geno is being careless with the ball, but Sanchez was just a bad QB.
    such a stupid statement I can not even begin to tell you how stupid this is without any evidence wow the stupid-ness of this statement just made me vomit

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @mortreport: Mark Sanchez still has not abandoned his rehab goals for shoulder & has no definite plans for surgery yet, per source close to Sanchez
    LOL.