Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, out for season

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex better hope Geno gets a lot better, he's going to get destroyed by the media and fan base if we finish in last place and Geno continues to play like he has been. Such a dumb decision to play Sanchez in that preseason game, so we could "win"
    You're grasping at straws. Nobody wanted to see Sanchez start again. Sanchez was crap and you know it. This season is about moving forward and giving the fans something to look forward to. Sanchez would only depress the fanbase.

Regardless of if you thought Sanchez should start, Geno starting is what was best for the New York Jets.

All League
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m
    Mark Sanchez will ramp up the rehab of his shoulder, see how it responds and then figure out how to proceed, per source #NYJ

All Pro
    what about the SOJF's torn labias?

I guess after yesterday's game Sanchez felt like he had a chance to fight back in TC next year and take this year off. I'm not sure that's such a bad idea from his vantage.

All jokes aside, this was a smart move on his part since he realizes that the likelihood of his returning to the field this year with the team he's under contract with is very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Who cares when/why he got hurt? He wasn't going to help us this year and he's not in the plans for next year.

He might have at least provided a veteran option so the coaches could put Geno on the bench - either from the start, or when he falters badly - so perhaps his confidence (and that of his teammates) does not get destroyed, and getting a chance to relax and watch and learn from the sidelines could potentially help his development. That is something they never did for Mark, and look what happened.

Ultimately, Sanchez had no more future here as the franchise QB, but could have served a purpose in providing competition for Geno. Geno did not win the job in preseason and should not have been thrown to the wolves, except we had no other option, which was always the case during the Sanchez era, and that worked out well. On and on we go.
    Last edited by Toooon; 10-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    what about the SOJF's torn labias?
    i laughed.

but not out loud.

L.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sanchez is a good kid, but atleast now I can have some closure in that I'll never have to see him take a snap in a Jets uniform again.

Praise Christ

All Pro
    Who cares when/why he got hurt? He wasn't going to help us this year and he's not in the plans for next year.

I hope Sanchez all the best on a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and better luck with his next team.
    All of THIS!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    I guess after yesterday's game Sanchez felt like he had a chance to fight back in TC next year and take this year off. I'm not sure that's such a bad idea from his vantage.
    If Sanchez is on this roster next season that will be strike 1 for Idzik in my eyes.......

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We save something like $13 million against the cap if we cut Sanchez after this season.

No damn way he's on the roster next year.

All Pro
    I'm going to miss him.

All League
    Enjoy holding a clipboard somewhere else next year. Moving on

Cool, can he please now stop standing on the sidelines giving Geno awful advice?

I swear during that Titans game Geno kept running up to kneel by Sanchez and "learn", and every following posession he started to look more and more like the great Sanchez himself, culminating in a posterior fumble!

Keep Sanchez away from Geno during the games PLEASE.

The Chize got a raw deal, and will be greatly missed! Now the Jets are stuck with a turnover machine at quarterback, instead of having a 5th year Chize going into the season with Marty Mornhinweg's system. Best of luck to the Chize with whatever team he lands on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Cool, can he please now stop standing on the sidelines giving Geno awful advice?

I swear during that Titans game Geno kept running up to kneel by Sanchez and "learn", and every following posession he started to look more and more like the great Sanchez himself, culminating in a posterior fumble!

Keep Sanchez away from Geno during the games PLEASE.
    So it's Sanchez's fault that Geno ****ed up last week and assfumbled himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Bye Bye Mark! Good luck in Minnesota, Jacksonville, or Oakland.
    No one wants M Sanchez as their Qb. He has been that bad . Give me a T Pryor over a Geno Smith any time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No one wants M Sanchez as their Qb. He has been that bad . Give me a T Pryor over a Geno Smith any time.
    LOL. This almost guarantees the Raiduhs sign him next year and 90210 comes back stating the Jets ruined Sanchez, he's an absolute Elite QB and his career will be resurrected in Oakland where he'll win the Super Bowl. He'll be EXPLOSIVE even.

The Raiduhs are off to a great start already... got the Broncos and Chiefs right were they want them. The Raiduhs are soo far behind that both those teams won't even see whats coming.

Standings American Football Conference
    AFC West

Broncos 4 - 0
    Chiefs 4 - 0
    Chargers 2 - 2
    Raiduhs 1 - 3

Last edited by JetBidi; 10-02-2013 at 03:29 AM.

LOL. This almost guarantees the Raiduhs sign him next year and 90210 comes back stating the Jets ruined Sanchez, he's an absolute Elite QB and his career will be resurrected in Oakland where he'll win the Super Bowl. He'll be EXPLOSIVE even.

The Raiduhs are off to a great start already... got the Broncos and Chiefs right were they want them. The Raiduhs are soo far behind that both those teams won't even see whats coming.

Standings American Football Conference
    AFC West

Broncos 4 - 0
    Chiefs 4 - 0
    Chargers 2 - 2
    Raiduhs 1 - 3

Again when the Jets are drafting before the Raiders I will have the last laugh. This season I predicted 8-8 , so I don't know where your going with the bronco and chiefs comparisons.
    This season all about developing there Qb . Right now anyone with any football intelligence would take a. T Pryor over a Geno smith. By season end if Geno smith isn't still better than T Pryor than who do you think has a brighter future as an organization.

BTw unlike jet fans who were predicting playoffs and counting the titans as a victory before the season , I haven't done anything like that. 8-8 is a big difference than saying they could be a playoff team.
    Tampa bay doesn't gift that victory the jets are 1-3, They are 2-2 can't protect the football and they are getting back the fumbler- Mike Goodson.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    So it's Sanchez's fault that Geno ****ed up last week and assfumbled himself?
    Yeap!!

Sanchez even told Rex "ummmm why don't you use that Red Light, Green Light ,One, Two, Three thing with Geno since it worked out so well for me!!"