Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, out for season

Sanchez out for the season

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
    Source: #Jets QB Mark Sanchez has decided he plans to have surgery on his torn labrum after attempting to rehab. 4-6 month rehab process

its the right move for him

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
    Source: #Jets QB Mark Sanchez has decided he plans to have surgery on his torn labrum after attempting to rehab. 4-6 month rehab process

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    its the right move for him
    Absolutely, he realized he was done here, and getting surgery will help him catch on with another team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Rex better hope Geno gets a lot better, he's going to get destroyed by the media and fan base if we finish in last place and Geno continues to play like he has been. Such a dumb decision to play Sanchez in that preseason game, so we could "win"

Mark Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, out for season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...kcarrier=other

It's Geno Smith's team in New York now, if there was any remaining doubt.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has decided to undergo season-ending surgery on his torn labrum. Sanchez faces a 4-6 month recovery, according to a person informed of the rehabilation process.

In one sense, Sanchez is doing the Jets a favor. He has no future with the team and his potential return to the sidelines this year could only create a distraction. On the other hand, the Jets designated Sanchez for return when they placed him on injured reserve. Each NFL team can only use that tag one time in a season, and the Jets burned it on Sanchez.

Someone in the organization was clearly hopeful that Sanchez would play again this season. (We doubt that someone was general manager John Idzik.) Despite Geno Smith's up-and-down play, the rookie has shown potential this season. The Jets need to play Smith and live with the rollercoaster. It's better than what Sanchez gave them last year, when his arrow was simply pointed down.

Sanchez, who has two years left on his rookie contract, should be released by the Jets after the season. The timing of the surgery should allow Sanchez to get healthy in time for free agency and the 2014 offseason. Look for some team to give Sanchez a shot as a backup quarterback, but his days competing for a starting job should be over.

This is the day Jets fans have pined for. They won't have Sanchez to kick around anymore.

The "Around The League Podcast" reviewed every Week 4 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex better hope Geno gets a lot better, he's going to get destroyed by the media and fan base if we finish in last place and Geno continues to play like he has been. Such a dumb decision to play Sanchez in that preseason game, so we could "win"
    He's gone regardless. It would just be like beating a dead horse.

I will also say that Tom Coughlin also "played to win" that game and his season has gone down the chute too.

All League
    crap...

Good luck with the surgery Mark...

I believe this to be true. So the Jets wasted their IR-Designated to return ?

Smart move by the FO. Brilliant!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

I blame Tanny..

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He's gone regardless. It would just be like beating a dead horse.

I will also say that Tom Coughlin also "played to win" that game and his season has gone down the chute too.
    He didn't put his front line players into the game. All he did was call a TO.

All League
    Who cares when/why he got hurt? He wasn't going to help us this year and he's not in the plans for next year.

I hope Sanchez all the best on a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and better luck with his next team.

Exactly right--seemed like a political decision rather than one that would enhance the probability of winning

This said, I am glad he is out of the picture

Other than placating a few fans with an extra win or two, what purpose would have been served starting Mark Sanchez?

Because I'm not seeing the great loss of losing the worst QB in the NFL over the past four years and getting an opportunity to fully judge your 2nd Round Draft Pick QB to see if he is or is not our future at the QB position.

i.e. Nothing of worth has been lost.

I hope Sanchez all the best on a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and better luck with his next team
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Who cares when/why he got hurt? He wasn't going to help us this year and he's not in the plans for next year.

I hope Sanchez all the best on a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and better luck with his next team.
    Yes, and the Mark Sanchez era is over.

He didn't put his front line players into the game. All he did was call a TO.
    ....and kicked the game tying field goal to send a pre season game into overtime.

Would it be better to play Sanchez all year, go 8-8 and have no clue about Geno? Now we have a full year to see what Geno can do, and POSSIBLY give Simms a chance if Geno regresses or gets hurt. Playing Sanchez this year would have been a complete waste of time.

It's Mark Sanchez. We would at best be 2-2 with him and possibly 0-4. We would finish last with Sanchez. Geno is being careless with the ball, but Sanchez was just a bad QB.

Bye Bye Mark! Good luck in Minnesota, Jacksonville, or Oakland.

Yup, but outside of 1-3 guys on this roster who else would be worth that designation if they got hurt??

Hall Of Fame
    Good. Nice to have some closure (for those that had a shred of doubt).