Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Seven Rounds Is Not Enough

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The Lawrence motor*cyclist struck and paralyzed as a desperate SUV driver tried to escape the rage of other bikers in New York on Sunday has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.
    Edwin Mieses, 32, never got a driver’s license in the Bay State, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said, but he was frequently nabbed behind the wheel, and even sentenced to jail for driving without a license, court records show. Mieses has a pending case out of Lawrence District Court for driving suspended, subsequent offense, said Carrie Kimball Monihan, spokeswoman for the Essex County District Attorney’s Office. Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show.
    Mieses was sentenced to jail in 2004 for distribution of cocaine, in 2001 for operating without a license, in 2000 for possession of a firearm, and in 1999 for possession of marijuana, receiving stolen property, destruction of property and attaching plates, according to court records.
    Attempts yesterday to reach Mieses’ girlfriend, mother, father and lawyer were unsuccessful.
    A Facebook page called “Justice for Jay Meezee” says Mieses was paralyzed after he was run over and remains hospitalized. Mieses has been identified by The Associated Press and other media outlets as the biker who was run over.
    The confrontation spiraled from a minor crash between a motorbike and the SUV. A biker’s helmet video showed one biker smashing SUV driver Alexian Lien’s window with his helmet, pulling him out and beating him. Lien’s wife, in the SUV with their child, said yesterday they feared for their lives.

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion....2Bt4C3Hh.dpuf

yes, but he wore a tie and suit to court appearances!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    It's is not Mr. Cruz's job to slow anyone down.

Not are other cars obliged to let the bikers go by as a group.

Lets all be honest here. This is a bunch of losers who feel more powerful in a group. The inevitable outcome of this will ALWAYS be bad.
    I agree with everything except the always. I have trouble with 100% of anything.

I have a house summer house in upstate NY. Every year the town has a Festival called the French Festival. There are 100s of bikers mostly drinking alcohol and no cops (maybe 1 rent a cop). I've never seen any fights or intimidation whatever. There are kids and families everywhere, never a problem. Why ? People aren't looking for trouble and a lot of people have bikes to save on gas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Fair and insightful.

Lets look at the circusmatnces another way:

1. Bike Gang goes as accused, sets up guy, stops in front of him, created bad situation.

2. Guy does as he is accused, panic, fight-or-flight, drives off to flee scene.

Now, lets change ONE small detail:

Instead of driving over one of the (dozens) of bike riders, he instead drives over a small girl, age 12, on the sidewalk. She is killed.
    SUV driver is not the innocent rightious person being made out. I think all should be charged (Bikers, SUV driver) and let the courts deicde if each has a valid defense for what they did.
    1. Killing an innocent person changes everything.
    2. I don't think you can arrest everyone legally. Even though that's one way that would lead to the truth.
    3. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt no? He's a Columbia grad with a degree in Banking. His heritage has one of the lowest crime rates. The guy run over is a life long thug. Many of the bikes confiscated were illegal....

The one point made by a girl on the back of a bike said Mr. Lien started the whole thing by merging into the group at a high rate of speed and almost colliding with some bikers. Not illegal but it started the chain of events.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The one point made by a girl on the back of a bike said Mr. Lien started the whole thing by merging into the group at a high rate of speed and almost colliding with some bikers. Not illegal but it started the chain of events.
    Yes, and I can just hear her making that statement, too. "Yeah man, we was, we was like riding, right? Jus like, we was riding having a nice time. And nobody was doin' nothing wrong, uh uh. Like, we wasn't speeding or running light or or blocking cars or nothin like that, right? We was jus mindin our own business. There was like 50 of us, right? jus riding along. When suddenly out of nowhere, this SUV, right? He jus starts messin wid us, ju know?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Got cut off by some stupid b*tch in a Land Cruiser today. My truck is f*ckes because she was too busy trying to give her POS baby a sippy cup.

Ban cars.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Got cut off by some stupid b*tch in a Land Cruiser today. My truck is f*ckes because she was too busy trying to give her POS baby a sippy cup.

Ban cars.
    I look at cars that are slowing down traffic and inevitably it'll be some one on their cell.

Jets Insider VIP
    I look at cars that are slowing down traffic and inevitably it'll be some one on their cell.
    They're driven by d*cks that wear wrist watches.

What would you expect?

All League
    Or an elderly person. Or a drunk.

In PK you have all three.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    These leaches will file a civil suit.... with an ambulance chasing attorney on contingency basis Im sure.
    They did, Gloria Allred to the rescue.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Reading now (dont have the links) there were at least a few off-duty cops and corrrections officers amongst the mob that surrounded the vic here, and that the reason the vic was targeted was to stop him to establish a "starting line" for more illegal shenanigans n/b on the hwy that would be filmed for utube nonsense, hence the sudden filming that began as the vic was approached;

As far as the cops and C.O.'s, none were there in their official capacities, did anything to help the vic, nor did they come foward until it was obvious they would be discovered through investigation. One (an undercover officer) is claiming he "didnt want to blow his cover", even though he wasnt assigned there, wasnt working at the time....he's full of shyte, he enjoys playing both sides and got burnt.

I would have no problem with these perp/wannabee's losing their jobs/pensions etc. and facing jail if warranted.

Sickening, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by 32green; 10-05-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Reading now (dont have the links) there were at least a few off-duty cops and corrrections officers amongst the mob that surrounded the vic here, and that the reason the vic was targeted was to stop him to establish a "starting line" for more illegal shenanigans n/b on the hwy that would be filmed for utube nonsense, hence the sudden filming that began as the vic was approached;

As far as the cops and C.O.'s, none were there in their official capacities, did anything to help the vic, nor did they come foward until it was obvious they would be discovered through investigation. One (an undercover officer) is claiming he "didnt want to blow his cover", even though he wasnt assigned there, wasnt working at the time....he's full of shyte, he enjoys playing both sides and got burnt.

I would have no problem with these perp/wannabee's losing their jobs/pensions etc. and facing jail if warranted.

Here's a link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...UV-attack.html
    wow = Internal Affairs of the NYPD are now investigating whether or not any of these officers were the ones who were pictured hitting the Range Rover, though they do not seem to be worried that the undercover took part
    When reached by MailOnline for comment, an NYPD spokesperson said only that the involvement of off-duty officers 'is under investigation.'
    'It is does not appear that he got involved at the scene,' a police source told The Post.
    That said, the undercover officer has hired a lawyer.

With detectives and an narcotics officer involved and other police officers, maybe the truth will come out.

...the reason the vic was targeted was to stop him to establish a "starting line" for more illegal shenanigans n/b on the hwy that would be filmed for utube nonsense, hence the sudden filming that began as the vic was approached
    That's apparently the MO of these groups of "stunt" sport bike riders... they try to block off all lanes of traffic so they can do their little stunts, and film them for the YouTubez.

Read the same in the Daily News and the Post this morning. Pretty sickening that they would stand by and do nothing, especially since like you said, they weren't on duty, and apparently weren't investigating any of the other riders. One or more of the cops supposedly rode with a club out of New Rochelle, the Front Line Soldiers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Of course, that won't happen. They may get reassigned or even fired but there's no way they will lose their pension.

If there truly were undercover and off-duty cops that participated in the craziness then that's absolutely unacceptable. I've been a big fan of Ray Kelly's but if he doesn't take a hardline stance here, that'll be it for me with him.

All League

Apparently more comfortable behind a computer screen, Lao hit Facebook, Twitter and forums like bikenightusa.com, stuntlife.com and stuntride.com, urging bikers across the country to attend his annual “Hollywood’s Block Party” and “tear up the streets.”

Asked if his son was involved in the incident, Juan Lao said Jamie didn’t attend, adding “you’re just wasting your time.”

But several neighbors said the rally started at the Lao’s two-family house on 103rd Avenue.

“There was about 300-400 bikes,” said one neighbor who asked not to be named. “It’s disturbing to see 300 bikes, the neighbors were terrified. All the smoke went into the houses. Everybody was traumatized.”

Another said bikers congregated at the Lao’s “all day long.”

“They were very noisey and they were on top of the cars and everywhere. It was terrible.”

“Oh my god I hate them. For the past 4-5 years he’s been an absolute nuisance. They are annoying as hell,” said neighbor Jennifer Rodriguez, 36. She claims Lao and his biker buddies have terrorized her family.

“It’s been a nightmare. My mom is handicapped and my dad has a heart condition,” she said. “They [bikers] will go up to her and like play chicken, trying to scare her.”

“Sunday the whole street was covered,” Rodriguez said. “They cover all the sidewalks. People with kids and with dogs, they go right up to them like they are trying to scare them. You can’t say anything or else they will start a fight. I had to go out on Sunday and I had to wait 20 minutes until they left.”

“They scratch cars, they bump into them, they have no regard.”

Retired firefighter Distinio Lois, 77, defended Lao.

“He’s a good kid. He’s a motorcycle enthusiast. I have known the family for years, they are good, hard working people,” Distinio said. “You can’t help if there is a bad apple in the group. If a friend did what they did, he’s not responsible. You can’t turn around the blame if he’s the head [of the rally.]“

“They never bother anybody,” he said of the bikers that come to the house every year. “They are respectful, they don’t leave anything behind. It’s just a social gathering until they go away.”

On his website, Lao brags that he is “on his way to stardom” and calls his events an opportunity to “show off the most insane stunts the thousands of bystanders have ever seen.”

A YouTube video of Lao’s 2012 NYC rally depicts hundreds of bikers – men and women – on motorcycles and three-wheeled ATVs speeding through Midtown in broad daylight, weaving through both lanes of traffic, popping wheelies and blowing through red lights as stunned pedestrians gaped from the sidewalks.

This year, cops — who confirmed that Hollywood Stuntz organized Sunday’s terror ride — were waiting for the mob and prevented them from taking over Times Square, busting several and confiscating a number of motorcycles.

Lao also posted footage of a Halloween ride from last year, where riders roared from Brooklyn to Manhattan, hogging roads and swerving dangerously close to cars.

Jets Insider VIP

I remember being taught in the academy that as a peace officer a CO was required by law to act, even if it meant doing something as simple as dialing 911. I could've sworn the bar was even higher for police officers, maybe requiring that they intercede? You'd know better than me.

And PK, WTF with the dig at wristwatches? Why you hatin?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Glad I was able to help with the post count. You're welcome.
    I suppose eating crow is not in your nature...

I'll be right back. I have an imaginary 12 year old girl to pull from the grips of death as an imaginary SUV driver fearing for his life attempts to bowl her over...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    That's apparently the MO of these groups of "stunt" sport bike riders... they try to block off all lanes of traffic so they can do their little stunts, and film them for the YouTubez.
    YET....the links want us to wait for all the facts. YES..I get it but WTF more does a reasonable person need to see?

The married couple with a 2 year old started it? really?

FUKK these guys, I hope they fall off their bikes at full speed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Why not give the bikers one day a year to get their jollies off. Limit the damage; and outlaw large groups of bikers the rest of the year. The rest of the year the face jail time.

In the country we have parents that allow their kids to ride these loud kid bikes and the decibel level is through the roof. They race through the streets illegally and get their jollies off. I just don't get it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Why not give the bikers one day a year to get their jollies off. Limit the damage; and outlaw large groups of bikers the rest of the year. The rest of the year the face jail time.
    They can head out to the Nevada desert, or anywhere else they're unlikely to cross paths with people, any day they like and tear it up. I'll catch it on YouTube, thanks. One day, even one hour through congested streets/sidewalks? No, thanks.