Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Seven Rounds Is Not Enough

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post

*EDIT* BTW, why is everyone assuming this dude had a phone with him to call 911 with? If he did, and failed to use it i agree, that was dumb. Believe it or not though, people do drive places without phones.
    No they don't.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The way I saw it was that he was fleeing for his safety. His car was basically surrounded by hostile bikers.
    The question is why were they hostile???We don't know what happened to precipitate this chase???Those bikers were reckless and arrogant for sure. But i doubt they planned on spending the day, chasing down a family on the highway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The question is why were they hostile???We don't know what happened to precipitate this chase???
    Thats a question that can be answered through an affirmative defense..... after they are all arrested, charged and jailed.

Did any of the bikers call 911 prior to this chase to report whatever transgressions this guy may have committed to warrant what happened subsequently?

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Would you still think the driver of the range rover was not justified in accelerating through the bike to escape?
    What I think is that I'd prefer not to pull a "Trayvon" or a "Duke Lacrosse" here. The video does not tell the full story, clearly.

Rather that derp about some personal loathing of bikers (who I admit I'm no fan of, motorized or otherwise) or this and that, I'd rather let the evidence and the courts decide rather than get all spergy in a pre-judgement of things.

Word on the news this morning is the driver may still be arrested and may still face charges as well, so we'll see.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    What I think is that I'd prefer not to pull a "Trayvon" or a "Duke Lacrosse" here. The video does not tell the full story, clearly.

Rather that derp about some personal loathing of bikers (who I admit I'm no fan of, motorized or otherwise) or this and that, I'd rather let the evidence and the courts decide rather than get all spergy in a pre-judgement of things.

Word on the news this morning is the driver may still be arrested and may still face charges as well, so we'll see.
    Early on in the video...the group surrounded his SUV, started to slash his tires and were attempting to break in to the car. Th bikers intentionally blocked his way and put his life in danger.

What recourse did he have? Forget how he got there. They threatened his very life, were knife wielding and bashing at his car.

I dont see how any reasonable person could fault him for driving through the bikes.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-02-2013 at 12:09 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all those saying why didn't he call 911, how do you know he didn't? This whole video is six minutes, it takes about that long to get through to a dispatcher who has any idea what to do. Especially since often when you call 911 from places on the far west side of Manhattan, the call first goes to New Jersey. If he immediately called 911, there's no way police would have been there to stop anything in the video, especially since the location was constantly changing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Rather that derp about some personal loathing of bikers
    Its only derping when others do it, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Early on in the video...the group surrounded his bike, started to slash his tires and were attempting to break in to the car. Th bikers intentionally blocked his way and out his life in danger.

What recourse did he have? Forget how he got there. They threatened his very life, were knife wielding and bashing at his car.

I dont see how any reasonable person could fault him for driving through the bikes.
    Lets not forget, there was a toddler in the car too, which as any parent here can attest to, changes EVERYTHING when the danger bells go off in a parents head. This SUV guy may have been wealthy (?), but he was a New Yorker and thus well aware how the pack mentality can quickly spiral out of control. On that stretch of the HWY, as we can see from the vid, he may as well have been alone with them on the moon. A no more helpless feeling I can imagine as he was stopped, surrounded, and watched countless other bikes coming up in his rearview, no other vehicles cops or friendlies to bail him out, like a child stepping on a hornets nest in a field a mile from home.

FIght or flight....and we all know how the fight ended up in the end, with him face down in the street in front of his wife and child.

derp derp

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As more news comes out, one of the surprising bits is the ages of some of the bikers. Two of the injured were 26 and 32. The cops are currently looking for another suspect who is 42. WTF?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Your jimmies seem quite rustled Green.

Anyway, I thought I was "imperious" and "lecturing", which wouldn't sappear at first glance to align well with "Derp".

But if you think I'm derping, then by all means drop the silly passive-aggressive and say so. Although if you do, you might want to attack the on-topic part of the post next time.

Excuse my tone with the Fist, we have not been playing nice for quite some time.
    I'll ask again, why is that exactly?

Perhaps via PM might be the more appropriate place for a Moderator to take up an issue he has with a poster, who knows, eh?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The question is why were they hostile???We don't know what happened to precipitate this chase???Those bikers were reckless and arrogant for sure. But i doubt they planned on spending the day, chasing down a family on the highway.
    ================================================== =====================
    Does it matter what started it all? The law of the land in all of the US is you have a right to defend yourself against vilence, unless you start the violence. Suv guy could of been break checking the pack, swerving, flipping the bird, honking, does not matter. Once the bikers became violent he had a right, duty, and obligation to protect himself and more importantly his family.

We can say in hindsight that it was good that he did not have a gun, as all that happened to him was a beat down, but at the time how would SUV guy know that was all that was going to happen. They could of killed him (they were acting as that was there goal), left his wife a widow and his child fatherless or perhaps worse. Situations like this is exactly why we all need the right and ability to bear arms. The great equalizer.

Sad, sad thing that one rider may be paralyzed, however I do not hold SUV guy responsible for that. The pack is responsible.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Although if you do, you might want to attack the on-topic part of the post next time.
    You mean..like you were doing..when characterizing the posts of others on here...as derping?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean..like you were doing..when characterizing the posts of others on here...as derping?

A general comment you seem to have taken quite personally.

Whelp....Like I said, my old friend, when you decide to deal directly with whatever concern is currently posessing you in re: myself, by all means, let me know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget, there was a toddler in the car too, which as any parent here can attest to, changes EVERYTHING when the danger bells go off in a parents head. This SUV guy may have been wealthy (?), but he was a New Yorker and thus well aware how the pack mentality can quickly spiral out of control. On that stretch of the HWY, as we can see from the vid, he may as well have been alone with them on the moon. A no more helpless feeling I can imagine as he was stopped, surrounded, and watched countless other bikes coming up in his rearview, no other vehicles cops or friendlies to bail him out, like a child stepping on a hornets nest in a field a mile from home.

FIght or flight....and we all know how the fight ended up in the end, with him face down in the street in front of his wife and child.

derp derp
    1) NOT Charging him is IMO the only call here. NYPD got it right.

2) To listen to the mother of the possibly cripppled biker that the SUV driver must pay is so common, so tiresome. Like Rae Caruths mom screaming of "MY BABY IS INNOCENT" at the court house. The perpetrator gets hurt and blames the victim. Why exactly was that bike in front of the car??? I dont ride, but if I did, and did NOT like what was happening, I would be on the side, far away. This is clear evidence tha the "victim" put himself in harms way. Also, he had a revoked license? Hmm. Another of this country's finest young citizens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it absolutely amazing that a lawyer can post such drivel.

First of all, he ASSUMES the fight got started by the driver. That is not what I saw.

Second of all, he has no idea what happened before the video even started?! Talk about incomplete information.

But based on what he can see in the video, it was obvious to me that this guy was just trying desperately to get the F*ck out of there. To protect his wife and infant child. Boy, that sounds like a capitol offense to me.

Lawyers live in their own little world of right and wrong I guess. As though our sense of morality does not matter?
    Last edited by Mainejet; 10-02-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I find it absolutely amazing that a lawyer can post such drivel.

First of all, he ASSUMES the fight got started by the driver. That is not what I saw.

Second of all, he has no idea what happened before the video even started?! Talk about incomplete information.

But based on what he can see in the video, it was obvious to me that this guy was just trying desperately to get the F*ck out of there. To protect his wife and infant child. Boy, that sounds like a capitol offense to me.

Lawyers live in their own little world of right and wrong I guess. As though our sense of morality does not matter?
    Your post is a great example of why Lawyers are such a neccessity.

Justice via passion based off of a video only....is not justice.

You decry the Lawyer for his assumptions (supported by the Law), but have no issue projecting assumptions intot he case yourself that suit your interpritation of the video.

This event is exactly why we have courts, lawyers and the protections of the accused that we do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your post is a great example of why Lawyers are such a neccessity.

Justice via passion based off of a video only....is not justice.

You decry the Lawyer for his assumptions (supported by the Law), but have no issue projecting assumptions intot he case yourself that suit your interpritation of the video.

This event is exactly why we have courts, lawyers and the protections of the accused that we do.
    Reread my post. What it says is based on what he do see in the video and nothing more. Doggin made an assumption based on the video, that is NOT what I saw nor is it what many others saw.

Could I be wrong based on what may have occurred BEFORE the video started rolling? Of course I could, but so could he.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Unfortunately, it sounds like the guy with the broken leg came away much worse than that:

Absolutely horrible what happened to him. Even more unfortunately, he may not even have been licensed to drive:

http://www.andovertownsman.com/local...lice-Log/print

Such stupidity.

Edwin Jr. seems to be the brother

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Your jimmies seem quite rustled Green.
    A general comment you seem to have taken quite personally.
    Lol..why should I take it personally? I have nothing against motor cycle riders in general, it was other posters who condemned them wholesale...your "derpers" as it were. I dont consider these thugs motorcyclists any more than I consider some random drug dealer blowing another guys brains out...a "Gun enthusiast".

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not advocating grabbing pitchforks and going after these guys Churchfish. I am commenting on the video as i see it. The main issue i had with Duke Lacrosse was with Duke. I don't think you should suspend, fire, or penalize people in any way for allegations. No matter what those allegations are. For that reason i think Hernandez should be allowed to play football up until when (if) he is convicted. In the Trayvon case, i was wrong. I really thought Zimmerman probably exceeded his legal authority at some point. However as the facts came out, i came to agree with the jury. I don't see that as a reason not to have an opinion or speculate on an event which you don't have all the facts on. And let's be clear, we have a lot more facts this time than we did with Trayvon.

I believe a prosecutor would have to work pretty hard to get me to convict that driver of running over the biker. This based on what i saw on the videotape alone.

*edit* BTW, are you running for office? Why not answer the hypothetical?
    Last edited by Axil; 10-03-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What story is there to tell? Worst case scenario is the driver gave one of the bikers the finger or said something. That is not against the law. Just like following someone is not against the law. The biker that checked him is the one to break the law and at that point the driver had reason to believe that he was in danger.