Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Seven Rounds Is Not Enough

All Pro

Why Seven Rounds Is Not Enough

Guy on a Sunday drive celebraTING HIS WEDDING ANNIVERSARRY, (oops) with his wife and 2 year old daughter. Motorcycle cuts him off and slams on breaks, he rear ends the cycle and the bikers escalate things.

What would you do?

The driver got a beat down.

One motorcycle pilot got a broken leg early on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

All Pro
    If I was younger and had my 2 year old and my wife and this happened 60% odds I would of froze, 40% I would of found the sidewalk and got around traffic.

Now that I'm older, I would of started shooting except, little chance NY will allow me to protect myself and my family with a gun, I think I would of used reverse and found out how many cycles my Land Rover could climb over and used my vehicle as a weapon to keep distance till NY's finest showed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cars suck.

If dude was in a Harley, there would be a poker run this weekend for a benefit.

All Pro
    LOL, so true, I guess I'm just bitter cause I just sold my motorbike.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Guy on a Sunday drive celebraTING HIS WEDDING ANNIVERSARRY, (oops) with his wife and 2 year old daughter. Motorcycle cuts him off and slams on breaks, he rear ends the cycle and the bikers escalate things.

What would you do?

He had a great weapon. A Range Rover isn't gonna be stopped by a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    He had a great weapon. A Range Rover isn't gonna be stopped by a motorcycle.
    Did you watch the whole thing?

He ended up pinned in at a stoplight with vehicles in front of him ,and a helmet going through the driver-side window.

Yeah he might could've backed over a couple of them, but there were other larger vehicles on the road too.

Pretty messed up video, and yeah, it's too bad he didn't have a firearm on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    What's the difference between a motorcycle and a vacuum cleaner?
    The location of the dirtbag.

Hall Of Fame
    If Obama had a son.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

What would you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw
    By "got a broken leg early on" do you mean "had his leg broken by the guy on his anniversary drive when he ran him over at 0:51 of the video and kept driving down the West Side Highway"?

First, I'd never have been in that situation to begin with, since I wouldn't have run over anyone just because I was pissed at being stuck in a motorcycle rally - and if I had gotten into an accident, I'd have stopped the car and called 9-1-1. I also would have called 9-1-1 while being chased by cyclists - which this guy couldn't do without being arrested, since he had just committed a hit and run.

The argument that this "poor guy" should have been allowed to shoot a few people in order to avoid a beatdown arising out of the fact that he had just deliberately run over someone and then tried to race off . . . well, I'll let you come up with the appropriate word for that.

Not to say the beatdown was appropriate; cops should have been called, and the guy arrested and spent a few years in jail for assault with a deadly weapon (the car) and the hit and run.

Jets Insider VIP
    If I thought my kid was in danger I would have used my truck to kill as many of them as possible once I was stuck at the light. Sitting here with a clear mind behind my keyboard I wonder if he immediately called 911 when it started and/or used his GPS to find the closest police station.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Did you watch the whole thing?

He ended up pinned in at a stoplight with vehicles in front of him ,and a helmet going through the driver-side window.

Yeah he might could've backed over a couple of them, but there were other larger vehicles on the road too.

Pretty messed up video, and yeah, it's too bad he didn't have a firearm on him.
    Did you? Did you see what started the fight? Dude straight up mowed down a cyclist because he didn't like being stuck behind the motorcycles, then raced off. Which is the reason he didn't bother calling the cops to help protect him - he didn't want to face serious jail time. I'm not shedding any tears for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    By "got a broken leg early on" do you mean "had his leg broken by the guy on his anniversary drive when he ran him over at 0:51 of the video and kept driving down the West Side Highway"?

First, I'd never have been in that situation to begin with, since I wouldn't have run over anyone just because I was pissed at being stuck in a motorcycle rally - and if I had gotten into an accident, I'd have stopped the car and called 9-1-1. I also would have called 9-1-1 while being chased by cyclists - which this guy couldn't do without being arrested, since he had just committed a hit and run.

The argument that this "poor guy" should have been allowed to shoot a few people in order to avoid a beatdown arising out of the fact that he had just deliberately run over someone and then tried to race off . . . well, I'll let you come up with the appropriate word for that.

Not to say the beatdown was appropriate; cops should have been called, and the guy arrested and spent a few years in jail for assault with a deadly weapon (the car) and the hit and run.
    From what you are saying I don't know the whole story but I have to wonder if the guy that stopped short in front of him wasn't equally responsible for the accident. I also agree with you that I NEVER ride that close to a motorcycle. Usually do what I can not to be in the same lane and stay several car lengths back when possible. From the video though it looked like they were trying to screw with the guy swarming around his truck from the start. A friend of mine was killed several years ago by some hot shot on a motorcycle trying to do wheelies on the highway, flipped the cycle and it went right through my friends windshield, killing him. Motorcyclists have just as much responsibility to drive safely and much more risk if they don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you? Did you see what started the fight? Dude straight up mowed down a cyclist because he didn't like being stuck behind the motorcycles, then raced off. Which is the reason he didn't bother calling the cops to help protect him - he didn't want to face serious jail time. I'm not shedding any tears for him.
    I missed where you could see the reason it happened how can you see his motivation on the film? Looks to me like they are screwing with the guy and one of them got too close.

Jets Insider VIP
    On CNN they replayed the whole accident again and explained it as follows:
    1. cyclist pulled in front of the SUV and slowed down very quickly causing the accident.
    2. The SUV tried to pull over but was threatened.
    3. He pulled over again and again because the slashed his tires.
    4. The SUV stopped when he had nowhere to go and was assaulted by a few bikers who broke his windows and hit him.
    5. His wife and child were not touched. He was taken to the hospital and released with several stickes on his face.

If guns were available many people would have been hurt or killed. The driver has a few stitches and a car in the auto shop.

Better outcome without guns I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    On CNN they replayed the whole accident again and explained it as follows:
    1. cyclist pulled in front of the SUV and slowed down very quickly causing the accident.
    2. The SUV tried to pull over but was threatened.
    3. He pulled over again and again because the slashed his tires.
    4. The SUV stopped when he had nowhere to go and was assaulted by a few bikers who broke his windows and hit him.
    5. His wife and child were not touched. He was taken to the hospital and released with several stickes on his face.

If guns were available many people would have been hurt or killed. The driver has a few stitches and a car in the auto shop.

Better outcome without guns I think.
    Only because they didn't hurt the wife and kids? Did the family deserve to be terrorized by these morons and have to watch their husband/father get beaten? Was anyone arrested?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I wouldn't have run over anyone just because I was pissed at being stuck in a motorcycle rally -
    Is that what you saw in that tape?

I cant even....

Hall Of Fame
    I thought this was a thread about the NFL draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    From what you are saying I don't know the whole story but I have to wonder if the guy that stopped short in front of him wasn't equally responsible for the accident. I also agree with you that I NEVER ride that close to a motorcycle. Usually do what I can not to be in the same lane and stay several car lengths back when possible. From the video though it looked like they were trying to screw with the guy swarming around his truck from the start. A friend of mine was killed several years ago by some hot shot on a motorcycle trying to do wheelies on the highway, flipped the cycle and it went right through my friends windshield, killing him. Motorcyclists have just as much responsibility to drive safely and much more risk if they don't.
    Right, it looks like at 27 seconds one of cyclist cuts in front of the SUV and then slows down, probably looking for his buddy, and he bumps the motorcycle. Then at least 20 to 30 motorcyclists completely stop, and are threatening him, at least one gets off and starts walking towards him. To escape a likely assault against him and his family, he plows through. Can't say I blame him too much for that, he's gotta try to get out of there and protect himself and his family.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Only because they didn't hurt the wife and kids? Did the family deserve to be terrorized by these morons and have to watch their husband/father get beaten? Was anyone arrested?
    This is a road rage incident cause by a couple of morons. Those guys will get arrested.

My point is what is the better option.

!. His car is in the auto shop and his family and him were traumatized but he can go to work etc.

2. He pulls out a glock and kills a few jerks and his life is permanently affected for years with lawyers, court, permanently traumatized, financially poorer, etc.

Sometime the choice is between bad and badder.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Are you kidding me? Wow.

The jackass on the bike cut him off and then brake-checked him. The biker started the whole thing, and then the crowd mentality of the gang took over. Range Rover guy was essentially hunted by *******s on motorcycles.

By the way, the biker who was the victim of the "hit and run" was charged today for reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing. Yeah he was SO innocent. Are you a defense attorney by any chance?

Absolutely incredible.