Thread: Obamacare Exchanges are Open (sort of)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Obamacare Exchanges are Open (sort of)

Thankfully I already get sh!tty HC via my employer but I wanted to go online to the exchanges and see what I was missing out on.

http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/

Been getting error messages all morning. Kind of like the Strip after a Sanchez pick 6.

Will try again later and see if Obamacare REALLY does save me money. I encourage everyone else to check it out and see if they would save money as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thankfully I already get sh!tty HC via my employer but I wanted to go online to the exchanges and see what I was missing out on.

Been getting error messages all morning. Kind of like the Strip after a Sanchez pick 6.

Will try again later and see if Obamacare REALLY does save me money. I encourage everyone else to check it out and see if they would save money as well.
    They had two years to work out the details and it looks like they did a lousy job. It's kind of like a new software release where you write problem reports and they get fixed in time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They had two years to work out the details and it looks like they did a lousy job. It's kind of like a new software release where you write problem reports and they get fixed in time.
    Wait the government screwed up? They can't even launch a proper website but they are going to oversee everyone's health care. This isn't going to end well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Wait the government screwed up? They can't even launch a proper website but they are going to oversee everyone's health care. This isn't going to end well.
    Not everyone. Until the full rank and file of private and public unions and government employees, including management are in, it wont be fixed. Its a "good enough for them" approach. If our government workforce is forced in, then you will see changes. Until then, its just for the "unfortunate masses" protected by the libs. Like government housing solved their housing issue.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a letter in the mail last week from NJ BC/BS informing me that my family coverage is being discontinued at the end of 2014 due to the ACA's new requirements.

Thanks Obama!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I got a letter in the mail last week from NJ BC/BS informing me that my family coverage is being discontinued at the end of 2014 due to the ACA's new requirements.

Thanks Obama!
    You can keep your doctors and your coverage. Right?!?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Thanks Obama!
    The whole plan was to eventually dump everyone into a single payer government run system. Just because it doesnt happen on day one doesnt mean that wasnt the plan. Americans will continue to get the same letter you received over the next few years as employers and health insurance companies are squeezed into submission and forced to dump their employees and customers into "the system".

This is the worst piece of legislation that our government has ever written. Can someone really defend this law how it is currently written?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You are already educated enough to know what the answer to that question is. Anytime the government seeks to control costs, they ended screwing someone else in the process. For a certain group, this may very well benefit them. But for the silent masses, they will get f*cked by tons of installed taxes or charges depending on what you would like to call it.

Basic Economics teaches us the law of the land. Supply and Demand curves is how this economy operates. Competition is a good thing, it is in fact the best of things. It brings out the best in all of us. It keeps us on our toes and gives the customer more power.

To say Government controlled health care would ever help, is to say economics is bullsh*t and does not work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a little research this morning here in NJ, the plans are a joke, at least the "affordable" ones that the President has been bragging about are. I would guarantee that any plan that actually saves you money on your current monthly premium will cost you a bunch more over the course of the year with higher deductibles and much higher co-pays. Your maximum out of pocket limits are way higher as well. I found a comparable plan to the one I currently have with Aetna, and it was $550 per month higher than what I currently have. America is taking it up the a$$ on this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I did a little research this morning here in NJ, the plans are a joke, at least the "affordable" ones that the President has been bragging about are. I would guarantee that any plan that actually saves you money on your current monthly premium will cost you a bunch more over the course of the year with higher deductibles and much higher co-pays. Your maximum out of pocket limits are way higher as well. I found a comparable plan to the one I currently have with Aetna, and it was $550 per month higher than what I currently have. America is taking it up the a$$ on this one.
    Exactly. Those "affordable plans" that Barry compared to cell phone bill cover absolutely nothing. Basically emergency room visits which I have never heard of someone being denied anyway.

I was fishing around last week and found a comparable plan to what I have that was about $500/month with higher co-pays and deductibles. Didn't even bother to check what was not covered. This thing is a mess. Shame b.c it is not going away. We are Europe.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did you expect from the Liar in Chief?