Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets will sign WR David Nelson today - Holmes out

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Isn't he the one who scored against Dallas and went over to hug one if their cheerleaders?

#yoloswag
    That would be Mrs Nelson, she's one of the cheerleaders

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Nelson ever on the Browns? He is still listed as being with them and his picture on Jets website is in a Browns uni.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Just spoke with David Nelson, told me he ran a 4.54 time last week at his workout with the Jets. Same time as his Pro Day in college.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If he's totally healthy, then I'd like to see him stick to the roster even if/when Holmes and Hill return.

A physical, young 6'5 receiver who is definitely a better #4 option than Gates or Obomanu.
    Oh hell yah.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Looks like we worked out josh cribs today...cribbs at 75% is better than anything we have now

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    I've always been a Josh Cribbs fan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He's hurt a lot, he produces one 100 yard game a year. He has been proven to be a past problem in the dressing room. He is still one mistake away from a year long suspension. He makes #1 Wr money. Absolutely no loss at all when he gets turfed. With his money we can make a hell of a lot better use of it. He's an underacheiving clown who has one good game a year and people fall over themselves about him. It'll be a good day for the Jets when he goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're wrong
    What part of that is wrong?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a good signing. Obamanu practically contributed nothing to the team at all, so not that surprising that he is gone. I would think Gates is right on the fence as well, and if it wasn't for all the injuries, he would be gone as well. I don't think Nelson is a game changer, but can probably contribute more in the red zone than someone like Gates and create size mismatches.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Just spoke with David Nelson, told me he ran a 4.54 time last week at his workout with the Jets. Same time as his Pro Day in college.
    That's actually pretty impressive

I love the way he interviews, if healthy, this could be a nice pick-up, he was really becoming a solid player in Buffalo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He's hurt a lot, he produces one 100 yard game a year. He has been proven to be a past problem in the dressing room. He is still one mistake away from a year long suspension. He makes #1 Wr money. Absolutely no loss at all when he gets turfed. With his money we can make a hell of a lot better use of it. He's an underacheiving clown who has one good game a year and people fall over themselves about him. It'll be a good day for the Jets when he goes.
    If Nelson can return even close to form after his ACL surgery, this is a great signing. He instantly becomes a top 2 or 3 receiver on this ream.

By the way, he had only 3 drops in 2011. That's less drops than Clyde Gates had in one game against New England.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow David Nelson impressed as Rookie-- better option than Clyde Gates

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    =2. David Nelson, WR, Florida -- He elevated his draft stock at the Gators pro day, running 4.57 in the 40, with a 38-inch vertical leap and a broad jump of 10 feet, four inches. Though Nelson got overshadowed at times among all of Florida's playmakers, scouts are enamored with his 6-5 height and ability to use his 217 pounds to block and give his quarterback a big target. "He's a tough kid and a competitive kid,'' one NFL scout told me. "He's got rare height and he catches the ball well. He runs good routes and he's just crafty. He'll make someone's team.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ricky didn't like Jets they were the death of him..
    Yeah, sad he died in a plane crash. It wan't a Jet though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beerfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What part of that is wrong?
    The part where he says, "Absolutely no loss at all when he gets turfed." That's insanity. The guy is a good receiver. The Jets are a better team when he's on the field. I'm not arguing his other points, and he's obviously not worth the money the Jets paid. However, it's a ridiculous notion that the Jets are not significantly worse when he's not on the field. Especially since the Jets don't have Hill either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    delete

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    wow, Holmes REALLY knows how to fake an injury.

first, the cadaver leg MRI last year and know sitting out a few weeks just to sell a pulled hammy??
    Why would he hurt his marketability by dogging it? Sitting out training camp, maybe, but missing games? I don't buy it.