Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex considering bringing back red-yellow-green system for Geno.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Are we sure this wasn't said in jest?
    It don't matter to the Rex haters I was trying to find out when he said it but they have the wrong press conference on the Jet site listed as 10/2..

Jets Insider VIP
    This again? How embarassing.

f'ing groundhog day

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It don't matter to the Rex haters I was trying to find out when he said it but they have the wrong press conference on the Jet site listed as 10/2..
    He said it during today's presser before practice. No mention that he was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope he gets fired before he does that.

Oh look, overly dramatic and "the sky is falling" SOJF fan base is freaking out because an NFL head coach wants to consider a mechanism that he feels will help his rookie QB improve and minimize turnovers...

So let's all freak out and allow the media to spin it, the sky is now falling even faster!!!!

WHO THE **** CARES?

All Pro
    This is a troubling sign for Geno.

The quarterback's job on a passing play is to read the defensive coverage and go through progressions. If the target is open, make the throw. If not, move on to the next target. The quarterback needs to have an awareness of the game situation and factor risk into his decision making process. It is not something that should be determined on the sideline before the play is run and before an offense can read what the defense is doing on any given play. It hinders the mental development of the quarterback.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Oh look, overly dramatic and "the sky is falling" SOJF fan base is freaking out because an NFL head coach wants to consider a mechanism that he feels will help his rookie QB improve and minimize turnovers...

So let's all freak out and allow the media to spin it, the sky is now falling even faster!!!!

WHO THE **** CARES?
    This is indefensible. They should coach him rather than shackle him. This "mechanism" is a proven failure with this HC. And it undermines Geno. Even if they are dumb enough to do this why would they let the media know??

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post

The quarterback's job on a passing play is to read the defensive coverage and go through progressions. If the target is open, make the throw. If not, move on to the next target. The quarterback needs to have an awareness of the game situation and factor risk into his decision making process. It is not something that should be determined on the sideline before the play is run and before an offense can read what the defense is doing on any given play. It hinders the mental development of the quarterback.
    You would hope the QB would know, for example, not to run backwards 10 yards to your own 1 yard line and try to pass the ball behind your back. This would be a red light situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You would hope the QB would know, for example, not to run backwards 10 yards to your own 1 yard line and try to pass the ball behind your back. This would be a red light situation.
    But thats all because of Ducasse.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post

Agreed. You cant speed up the learning curve by using stupid color codes. Besides it does nothing to address the fumbles, is Geno not going to fumble just because there is a "code red" ?? LOL.

Veteran
    Someone please tell me this is a joke.

This is indefensible. They should coach him rather than shackle him. This "mechanism" is a proven failure with this HC. And it undermines Geno. Even if they are dumb enough to do this why would they let the media know??
    It's a proven failure according to who, you?

Indefensible?

I take anything Rex say's to the media these days with a grain of salt, MM and Lee are the coaches developing Geno, I'm pretty confident in their abilities, I don't give a **** what Rex might say.

And again, who really gives a ****, other than the overly sensitive and paranoid fan base and the TMZ media?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. You cant speed up the learning curve by using stupid color codes. Besides it does nothing to address the fumbles, is Geno not going to fumble just because there is a "code red" ?? LOL.
    I would absolutely hate to see Geno not throw to an open receiver streaking down the sideline because Rex/MM called a RED play from the sideline. These are decisions that need to be made in a split second on the fly.

All Pro
    So what do you do with Geno to help with his turnovers?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    But thats all because of Ducasse.
    Actually part of it was. It was setting up to be a screen pass, where the QB is supposed to backpedal. Problem was VD didn't even chip his guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's a proven failure according to who, you?

Indefensible?

I take anything Rex say's to the media these days with a grain of salt, MM and Lee are the coaches developing Geno, I'm pretty confident in their abilities, I don't give a **** what Rex might say.

And again, who really gives a ****, other than the overly sensitive and paranoid fan base and the TMZ media?
    We saw it fail before our very eyes with Sanchez. Pretty much every former-QB analyst hated the idea. The idea is to get the game to slow down for him, not to give him more things to think about.

Only you could defend this. And we give a sh*t b.c we are trying to find a QB that can lead a team, not a game manager. This stunts the process.

You can have the last word. This is so obvious that it is not even worth arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    So what do you do with Geno to help with his turnovers?
    Have the coaches continue to work on his mechanics during the week to minimize bad throws. The decision making is only going to get better with experience, as he learns what he can and can't get away with in different scenarios.

Sooo maybe this is Rex just taking yet another angle to drive the point home to geno that he needs to protect the ball better? No QB wants to be treated like a Sanchez. If that doesn't scare him straight nothing will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We saw it fail before our very eyes with Sanchez. Pretty much every former-QB analyst hated the idea. The idea is to get the game to slow down for him, not to give him more things to think about.

Only you could defend this. And we give a sh*t b.c we are trying to find a QB that can lead a team, not a game manager. This stunts the process.

You can have the last word. This is so obvious that it is not even worth arguing about.
    I hated that card system as well but MM and Lee are dealing with Geno and I doubt if Rex was serious when he said it.. What HC did you like??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I hated that card system as well but MM and Lee are dealing with Geno and I doubt if Rex was serious when he said it.. What HC did you like??
    What makes you say that? I would hope he would have been joking, but there was no mention that he was joking. It was reported the same way by all the beat writers, if there was any sarcasm or joking it would have been noted.