Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex considering bringing back red-yellow-green system for Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    So what do you do with Geno to help with his turnovers?
    Focus on mechanics, diagnosing coverages, and holding the ball with two hands while under pressure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't we just outfit Geno with a couple of electrodes,
    And have Rex zap him in the balls by remote control
    everytime Geno screws up...

What a freaking moron....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What makes you say that? I would hope he would have been joking, but there was no mention that he was joking. It was reported the same way by all the beat writers, if there was any sarcasm or joking it would have been noted.
    And we know they have always been 100% correct.. IMO no way would MM and Lee agree with that..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And we know they have always been 100% correct.. IMO no way would MM and Lee agree with that..
    I certainly hope they dont. I just dont think Rex was saying it in jest or being sarcastic, thats the scary part.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex goes through with this, a big if, I would be done with him as a head coach. I defend him to the end but this would be sticking his nose into something he has admitted to not knowing a lot about and not learning from his past mistakes all rolled into one gigantic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the rules again? If its "Red" only throw it hes wide open. A yellow only throw it if he is sorta open and green, throw it regardless if he is open or not?

is this the system?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    If Rex goes through with this, a big if, I would be done with him as a head coach. I defend him to the end but this would be sticking his nose into something he has admitted to not knowing a lot about and not learning from his past mistakes all rolled into one gigantic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    What if he changed the colors to Plum Teal and Magenta?? I'm with you 100% Mo..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex needs to stay the f*ck away from the offense, period.

I'm really starting to not really give a sh*t if Idzik decides to go in another direction after the season.

Yeah, Rex can coach a defense.

And so could numerous other guys with the talent we have in the front seven.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT giving him something else to think about. The Red Light/Green Light thing adds another layer of thought process and stunts growth of natural reads/trouble-shooting, etc...

Need to see this kid progress or fail on his own. Shackling him like this won't allow for real evaluation. But this is what happens when the organizational needs and those of the HC aren't aligned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just let him play. I wonder if Indy used a card system for Peyton..and Luck..Did Wash w/RG3. Seattle with Wilson. Just let him play and coach him along the way. Saying "don't" isn't really coaching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....unreal.
    I'm liking your David Shaw suggestion for HC next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just let him play. I wonder if Indy used a card system for Peyton..and Luck..Did Wash w/RG3. Seattle with Wilson. Just let him play and coach him along the way. Saying "don't" isn't really coaching.
    If it's followed up with a hard smack to the face it is according to my old HS coach..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I hated that card system as well but MM and Lee are dealing with Geno and I doubt if Rex was serious when he said it.. What HC did you like??
    Technically I began a fan when Carroll was the coach but when people ask me when I usually answer Kotite b.c the first game I attended was coached by him. At that time I was too young to for form an opinion about a coach. I just knew the team sucked. So my coaching opinions basically started with Parcells and I have never really hated any of our HC hires. But I think we are allowed to change our opinions on coaches. Groh left too soon to really be able to be definitive but over time I soured on Herm just like I have soured on Rex (not to compare the two). I would have liked to see Mangini get to pick a QB but I understand that his relationship with Woody deteriorated and his personality and style sucked the energy out of the team. He was horrible with the media and that makes things impossible in NY. Only one guy gets away with that and that is only b.c he has 3 Lombardi's and a all-time QB.

So to answer your question, I liked Rex in the beginning but IMO 4+ years is a good sample size and over that time I have changed my opinion. The reasons why have been discussed in many threads and I don't want to rehash. I will respectfully agree to disagree with whoever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Technically I began a fan when Carroll was the coach but when people ask me when I usually answer Kotite b.c the first game I attended was coached by him. At that time I was too young to for form an opinion about a coach. I just knew the team sucked. So my coaching opinions basically started with Parcells and I have never really hated any of our HC hires. But I think we are allowed to change our opinions on coaches. Groh left too soon to really be able to be definitive but over time I soured on Herm just like I have soured on Rex (not to compare the two). I would have liked to see Mangini get to pick a QB but I understand that his relationship with Woody deteriorated and his personality and style sucked the energy out of the team. He was horrible with the media and that makes things impossible in NY. Only one guy gets away with that and that is only b.c he has 3 Lombardi's and a all-time QB.

So to answer your question, I liked Rex in the beginning but IMO 4+ years is a good sample size and over that time I have changed my opinion. The reasons why have been discussed in many threads and I don't want to rehash. I will respectfully agree to disagree with whoever.
    Very fair reply..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm liking your David Shaw suggestion for HC next season.
    Would love him but I don't think he would come here. He declined interviews last year which makes me think he really wants to pick him spot. There are likely going to be openings in Washington, Giants, Dallas (if they collapse).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like your last statement - 'saying don't isn't really coaching" good statement. The problem is that we see some glimpses of good in this kid and we see the bad. When we see the good it is almost as if the feeling is ok no more mistakes will be made. And when we see the bad the feeling is as if ok this kid can't do anything right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love him but I don't think he would come here. He declined interviews last year which makes me think he really wants to pick him spot. There are likely going to be openings in Washington, Giants, Dallas (if they collapse).
    Maybe he wants the Colts??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I would absolutely hate to see Geno not throw to an open receiver streaking down the sideline because Rex/MM called a RED play from the sideline. These are decisions that need to be made in a split second on the fly.
    You have described the problem very well and this could explain Sanchez's lack of development at least partly. It actually throws more variables into the decision making and confuses the situation more. Maybe next they can try the whistle on him to get him to deliver the ball faster since he is holding it longer than any other QB besides Vick, before throwing. The OL is not at afault.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says he's thinking about doing the green/yellow/red thing with Geno that he used with Sanchez in 2009 #nyj

LOL...classic Rex.
    Rex....I love you as a coach....and I constantly defend you to my peers and posters on this site...but when you say/do **** like this you make me look bad bud....

Just let Geno get his reps....don't ruin him like you did that dude tattooed on your arm....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think Dallas or the Giants will go the college head coach route if they have an opening. Shaw is a very smart guy, graduated from Stanford, and has NFL experience. I think he will become a very good coach in the NFL.