Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Rex considering bringing back red-yellow-green system for Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He wasn't. I heard him on the Michael Kay show. They asked him about. Paraphrasing he said 'well yeah I've thought about. I'm willing to try anything. But not sure well go that route".

Go to 98.7 site. I'm sure it's there.
    So it crossed his mind. He's not actually 'considering' it and likely won't happen. Ok then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So it crossed his mind. He's not actually 'considering' it and likely won't happen. Ok then.
    Exactly. Rex was just considering *ALL* options, no matter how dumb.

So in other words : Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. Guess what, Rex doesn't handle the offensive play calling.

The play calling is hardly calling for a bomb on every play, so why ***** about it?

There is nothing wrong with the play calling, they are running the ball, 3rd in the league in rush attempts, when most are *****ing they are not running enough. He's a rookie QB, every thing that doesn't go our way doesn't have to be micro-analyzed and the coaching and play calling need to be questioned, sometimes, the rookie makes mistakes. He made 4 mistakes, he did pretty well on his 34 other pass attempts.

There is also nothing wrong with a mechanism in his thought process during the evolution of a play, whether it is a color coded system or otherwise. It isn't like this is the first time something like this has been done, it's the media making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be because we have Twitter and the jackasses who cover the team making jokes about it. Then we have the fan base, still smitten with bitter Sanchez hate, but because a similar system was deployed during Sanchez' rookie year, we have a bunch of fans all crying in a thread with that exact premonition.

This thread needs to go in the garbage dump!
    Ray I agree with you on most points. I love what MM has brought to this team and if he wants to go balls to the wall...so be it. What better way will we have too evaluate Geno over the course of the season. And I want to see him over the course of the WHOLE season.

As of now, I would like too see this coaching staff return next year intact (except for some positional coaches). I doubt it happens.

But to defend Rex over one of the most ill-conceived Quarterbacking 101 learn the position schemes is foolish. It will never work, no matter the coach. The QB will either get it...or they will not. Lets hope Geno blossoms unders MM's system.
    Last edited by RobR; 10-02-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Ray I agree with you on most points. I love what MM has brought to this team and if he wants to go balls to the wall...so be it. What better way will we have too evaluate Geno over the course of the season. And I want to see him over the course of the WHOLE season.

As of now, I would like too see this coaching staff return next year intact (except for some positional coaches). I doubt it happens.

But to defend Rex over one of the most ill-conceived Quarterbacking 101 learn the position schemes is foolish. It will never work, no matter the coach. The QB will either get it...or they will not. Lets hope Geno blossoms unders MM's system.
    MM will NOT allow Rex to undermine him on offense since he was basically given Carte-Blanche to do what he liked on the offensive side of the ball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    IDZIK will NOT allow Rex to undermine him on offense since he was basically given Carte-Blanche to do what he liked on the offensive side of the ball.
    Fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not defending Rex in as much as I'm defending the baseless complaining

How do you or anybody know when they did this in 09 with Sanchez, it was Rex' idea? How do you know it won't work, do you even know whether other teams have done something like it or similar? I can almost guarantee teams have deployed similar mechanisms to help a rookie QB, but because this was done for Sanchez, everybody is freaking out about it, it's complete BS.

That said, and as I said, MM and Lee are developing this QB, Rex is doing what he's supposed to do as a head coach, sending the message that the turnovers must stop, he's sharing that with the media, but there is no doubt the 3 of them, Rex, MM, and Lee have all reviewed this more than any of us know, and I have complete confidence in MM and Lee, established QB guru's to do the right thing.

This thread is completely unnecessary, other than the hits, and traffic it's creating on the site, so I guess for that, it's a good thing.

Fans need to chill the hell out!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed.
    Yeah, another complete crock of ****, this notion that Idzik has some kind of puppet strings over Rex.

Look, I'm sure Idzik is putting his brand on this team, and has worked with Rex and the entire regime about doing things a little differently, but to suggest Rex is just handstrapped, these are grown men, working for a professional franchise, stop with the baseless crap that there is some kind of romper room show and Idzik is just walking around with 10 lb testacles and Hitlerizing the coaching staff.

Rex is Rex, and sure, he's changed with what he does, and how he does it, as all HC's do, and for Rex, for some of those things, that is a good thing, it's not all Idzik, it's also Rex making adjustments to what he does, what he gives to the media, and how he does things as a HC, it's year 5, he too is making adjustments.

But the TMZ media needs a story, our paranoid SOJF fan base need a conspiracy theory!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm not defending Rex in as much as I'm defending the baseless complaining

How do you or anybody know when they did this in 09 with Sanchez, it was Rex' idea? How do you know it won't work, do you even know whether other teams have done something like it or similar? I can almost guarantee teams have deployed similar mechanisms to help a rookie QB, but because this was done for Sanchez, everybody is freaking out about it, it's complete BS.

That said, and as I said, MM and Lee are developing this QB, Rex is doing what he's supposed to do as a head coach, sending the message that the turnovers must stop, he's sharing that with the media, but there is no doubt the 3 of them, Rex, MM, and Lee have all reviewed this more than any of us know, and I have complete confidence in MM and Lee, established QB guru's to do the right thing.

This thread is completely unnecessary, other than the hits, and traffic it's creating on the site, so I guess for that, it's a good thing.

Fans need to chill the hell out!
    I agree with everything but the bolded. Red light, yellow light, green light, is moronic too say the least. You call a play, the QB goes through his progressions if time permits and makes his throw. He has his outs during his reads and will use them if the opportunity arises. That is in a perfect world, but works for the top teams in the NFL.

Red light, green light only hinders a QB. One more thing to think about other than the play called. It's dumb, and has been mentioned by many analysts over the years since the Jets first employed its use.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. Was just going to post this. I can't say it any better than Woody.
    Of course you can. Have some confidence.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about bringing in a good quarterback for once?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says he's thinking about doing the green/yellow/red thing with Geno that he used with Sanchez in 2009 #nyj

LOL...classic Rex.
    see my sig nothing more needs to be said.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    see my sig nothing more needs to be said.
    Are you saying this guy is not a competent HC?

rex-ryan.jpg

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everything but the bolded. Red light, yellow light, green light, is moronic too say the least. You call a play, the QB goes through his progressions if time permits and makes his throw. He has his outs during his reads and will use them if the opportunity arises. That is in a perfect world, but works for the top teams in the NFL.

Red light, green light only hinders a QB. One more thing to think about other than the play called. It's dumb, and has been mentioned by many analysts over the years since the Jets first employed its use.
    You say it hinders thier growth.You don't know that for a fact. I mean there haen't been any studies on the subject, have there???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Are you saying this guy is not a competent HC?

rex-ryan.jpg
    My guess is you think Rex was an idiot for flipping the bird, right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    My guess is you think Rex was an idiot for flipping the bird, right
    Uh yeah. He's the headcoach of a football team in the NFL. You'd have to be a complete moron to do such a thing in public knowing they'd have pictures all over the country making you look like a drunk moron the next day.

I'm guessing you think it was a smart move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh yeah. He's the headcoach of a football team in the NFL. You'd have to be a complete moron to do such a thing in public knowing they'd have pictures all over the country making you look like a drunk moron the next day.

I'm guessing you think it was a smart move.
    Guess what moron. If you were spitting on me, calling me a fat pig, and my wife a whore, i'd do alot more than flip you the bird. I was at the miami convention center. Thats exactly what a group of Dolphin fans were doing. He was there with a linebacker[forgot his name],and he had to be restrained by Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what moron. If you were spitting on me, calling me a fat pig, and my wife a whore, i'd do alot more than flip you the bird. I was at the miami convention center. Thats exactly what a group of Dolphin fans were doing. He was there with a linebacker[forgot his name],and he had to be restrained by Rex.
    Didn't you just tell me that I use extreme language? To take it easy because this is football? Talk about a hypocrite. Talking BS like they always do. How typical.

I could care less what anybody said to him. That's a dumb argument. Don't you think the people in the stadium on gameday aren't saying the same exact thing, probably even worse? The players, everybody has to deal with that every week. If you can't deal with that and Rex obviously can't then don't show up there it's pretty simple. If you're somewhat famous and you go to an MMA event that's stacked with drunk idiots you're only asking for trouble. When was the last time Belichick went to a UFC event? What headcoach does that? This goofball needs to smarten up at some point. Such a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't you just tell me that I use extreme language? To take it easy because this is football? Talk about a hypocrite. Talking BS like they always do. How typical.

I could care less what anybody said to him. That's a dumb argument. Don't you think the people in the stadium on gameday aren't saying the same exact thing, probably even worse? The players, everybody has to deal with that every week. If you can't deal with that and Rex obviously can't then don't show up there it's pretty simple. If you're somewhat famous and you go to an MMA event that's stacked with drunk idiots you're only asking for trouble. When was the last time Belichick went to a UFC event? What headcoach does that? This goofball needs to smarten up at some point. Such a joke.
    They were spitting on him.You are such an obvious troll. Every time you compare Rex to another coach, its always Bellichick.Im sorry, but we all can't be perfect like you and Bill

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were spitting on him.You are such an obvious troll. Every time you compare Rex to another coach, its always Bellichick.Im sorry, but we all can't be perfect like you and Bill
    Ryan, in the Sunshine State for the Pro Bowl, was doing a ringside interview with a Showtime reporter piped through the arena. Through a raucous chorus of boos, he delivered one of his bold predictions: “I just want to tell everyone in Miami that we’re coming to beat you twice next year.”

That’s something Ryan’s Jets failed to do in 2009. They were beaten twice by the Dolphins.

Later, as the arena emptied, he raised the middle finger of his right hand at several Dolphins fans while wearing a big smirk on his face.

Yesterday, the larger than life coach, who is known to consume 7,000 calories a day, served himself a helping of crow.

“It was stupid and inappropriate,” Ryan said. “I wouldn’t accept that type of behavior from one of the coaches or players, and it’s unacceptable from me. I apologize to the Jets’ organization, the National Football League and NFL fans everywhere.”

Team General Manager Mike Tannenbaum said, “Rex showed extremely poor judgment, and his conduct was inappropriate. He knows he was wrong, has apologized and we have accepted his apology.

The NFL said it would “look into” the possibility of fining Ryan. Tennessee Titans owner did the same thing to Buffalo Bills fans in November — and it cost him $250,000.

David M. Hildenbrand, the Dolphin fan who took the picture — an instant Internet sensation — told The Post that Ryan “was walking by us after the event and a couple buddies of mine said some things like, ‘Dolphins rule, Jets suck.’”

[Ryan] looked at us and said, ‘Go f— yourselves,’ and then he gave us the finger.

When Ryan flipped the bird to the group, a bunch of fans started shouting things at him like, “Manning whupped you.”

“He was being a smart ass,” Hildenbrand said. “That didn’t surprise me seeing the way he coaches and how he talks.”
    Who is the moron/troll now? Dude you're so full of ****. First you try to come off like some attorney who stays calm at all times only to call me names a couple minutes later for no reason, now you're making this **** up to protect "your man". What a joke. No wonder you defend that man, pulling all this **** out of your ass trying to fool and attack the people you argue with your bull****. Keep it to yourself from now on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    130624.jpg
    Who is the moron/troll now? Dude you're so full of ****. First you try to come off like some attorney who stays calm at all times only to call me names a couple minutes later for no reason, now you're making this **** up to protect "your man". What a joke. No wonder you defend that man, pulling all this **** out of your ass trying to fool and attack the people you argue with your bull****. Keep it to yourself from now on.
    I'll say whatever i want, until the moderators tell me otherwise.I was there, he was being spit and and being called a fat pig.Then he responded, with the middle finger. Some Dolphin fan tells a reporter that Ryan flipped the bird for no reason, and you believe him. I called you a moron, because you can't leave that word out of any of your posts.Should Ryan have flipped the bird, No.Is it understandable that he flipped the bird, Yes.You keep bringing up Bellichick as the hc that all others should compare themselves too.Whats your explanation for this. And theres much more examples of unprofessional conduct on his part.