Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rex considering bringing back red-yellow-green system for Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    If only it was his words.
    Give it a rest already

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then that means Geno is not smart enough to run the o. Sorry to say it, Geno is not the one. This guy will get worse as the year goes on. If Quinn is dressed, then Geno may be on a short leash.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Give it a rest already
    Am I wrong? Rex has been unusually subdued this year given how much power he has been stripped of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Am I wrong? Rex has been unusually subdued this year given how much power he has been stripped of.
    And other than media speculation, and shock jock talk radio spinning the TMZ like conjecture, you have nothing to base this on.

Rex was the one giving the press conference, do you think he's reading from a card?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I hear what you were saying but I certainly wouldn't argue that Shula isn't an all time great HC!! He was....

But I was saying to him so what? I was never arguing that at all

And actually his exact quote concerning Shula was this:

Don Shula was the best HC I've ever seen, he always said that HCs delegate. That no one knows it all. Of course you and others here know that Shula is wrong.

He sought to infer somehow that 1) Rex is doing what Shula did and 2) that my criticism of Rex had something to do with his delegation of duties or some criticism of what coach Shula might have done!! Both of these assertions I vehemently disagree with. I definitely take exception to his putting Rex and Shula in the same sentence or catagory. In no shape or form is Rex currently in the same league Shula yet! I simply felt that the analogy was wholly inappropriate.

My essential point was no competent franchise NFL QB has been developed using the color coding system and that his bringing up Shula was a complete non issue designed to deflect from my point that if Rex had somehow forced this color coded system on another young QB that would be the final straw for me.

Indeed while I have repeatedly criticized Rex when I felt that it was warranted, I have also said despite his various mistakes that Rex should be given this year and next to prove himself.

If I am misunderstanding then I certainly withdraw what I said in that area. Who in their right mind could argue against Coach Shula!
    You're thinking way too much and it's keeping you from getting the point, the point is that HC don't have to be experts on both sides of the ball. And yes, Rex delegates the offense to his OC, just as Shula did. If that infers that they are both in the same class as HCs, it on you, no one said that.