Thread: Questions about tickets to Jets game!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about tickets to Jets game!

I will be coming in from Montreal with my son to finally see a Jets season game! I saw a preseason game with him a few years ago when Favre had joined our team. That was great, this should be even better! We will be coming in to see the Pittsburgh game. I am looking at available tickets. I have a few questions for anybody that can help me.
    First of all if you have the choice would you sit on the side of the field where the Jets bench is, or the opposite side so you can see the team (Jets) facing you?
    Would you hypothetically choose section 110 or 210, if the price difference was negligible? In other words you are higher up in section 210, is this a better vantage point, or is it better lower and closer to the field, with section 110?
    When we saw the preseason game a few years ago, we weren't allowed to bring a knapsack into the stadium. Do you know if this is allowed now? I would like to bring rain gear if needed and some snacks. Also if I buy some clothing, I'd like to be able to carry it in something.
    Any answers to these questions would really be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance, and looking forward to being among the wonderful Jets family at the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My seats are lower level corner of end zone on Jets side. Love the angle, we are also high enough to be under cover,no need for rain gear. The NFL has a new policy in all stadiums allowing you to bring snacks in a clear bag . No drinks with caps. Enjoy the game!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    No drinks with caps.
    The no drink caps ban can be a real pain - especially if you have a bunch of other stuff to carry. My advice on drinks is to bring extra caps (from emptied bottles) and put those on once you get past cap-stealing security. That way you can put drinks back in your bags, pockets, etc. Yes, you can bring whatever food items you want as long as they fit inside a one-gallon clear plastic bag (ziploc works great). The food is definitely better than at the old stadium. There's a food-map somewhere on the Metlife site. Prices are certainly still high!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the answers for food issue. Can you bring a knapsack in, though, if you needed to bring rain gear or other items?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdownjets View Post
    Thanks for the answers for food issue. Can you bring a knapsack in, though, if you needed to bring rain gear or other items?
    No, no bags are allowed at the stadium unless they are small and clear.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, only whatever fits in a 1 gallon clear bag per person.

Link
    Last edited by JetBidi; 10-03-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets bench side is where the sun is up most of day. I sit in mezzanine which have the best sight lines.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    210 is a club seat, meaning you would have access to the club (no free food, just a nice lounge) and the seat is wider with padding. My preference is be down closer...you get a better view on tv for every other time, I like to feel close to action when I'm at the game. The sun will be shining on you most of the time....I like shade. It's all preference.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the responses! It gives me an idea about how things work at the stadium. Still not sure if we should sit first level or get the vantage point from second level?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the responses! It gives me an idea about how things work at the stadium. Still not sure if we should sit first level or get the vantage point from second level?
    Higher up in a lower level or lower in a higher level. View is not going to be much different. It's a matter of personal preference. I would probably go for lower rows in Section 210 over higher rows in Section 110 (just used those sections as examples because they're the ones you pointed out).

Good luck!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, there really isn't a bad seat in the 100/200 levels, it's just a matter of how much you want to pay and how "close" you want to be. I'm in 129, row 15 and I wouldn't want any other seat in the house. Obviously the 200s will be cheaper then the 100s and unfortunately the steelers game will be a hot ticket being how large of a fan base they have. Go jets!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go with visitors side of field. It is also the tv side. Jets side is a sun field and the glare doesn't give you the best view. Get sideline seats either high row lower level or low row upper level. Club seats IMO are not a good value. And make sure you get your parking passes up front. Best deal out there is nfl ticket exchange where the jets themselves put the orange passes on there for $35 - $10 over face. The guys selling the parking passes on sh know they've got you by the b*lls and pad the parking passes very aggressively.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Go with visitors side of field. It is also the tv side. Jets side is a sun field and the glare doesn't give you the best view. Get sideline seats either high row lower level or low row upper level. Club seats IMO are not a good value. And make sure you get your parking passes up front. Best deal out there is nfl ticket exchange where the jets themselves put the orange passes on there for $35 - $10 over face. The guys selling the parking passes on sh know they've got you by the b*lls and pad the parking passes very aggressively.
    Best Value Seat right now is MEZZ B. I see a few good ones around 135 online. They have ones under cover and there is a chance it might rain. If sunny not a value. Sit in UD. Depends on weather. Cheap covered seats always a deal in rain

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Best Value Seat right now is MEZZ B. I see a few good ones around 135 online. They have ones under cover and there is a chance it might rain. If sunny not a value. Sit in UD. Depends on weather. Cheap covered seats always a deal in rain
    if you like the view from the end zone - mezz b is for you. If you want something closer to the view on TV go for UD sideline seats - visitors side

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your price range? I think that the closer you can get to the action will make it better for your son.....sacrifice some view for excitement....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really appreciate all your help and comments guys. I bought two tickets in section 110, row 22. I wanted a decent view, and wanted to be closer to the Jets bench, instead of looking at them from the opposite side of the field.
    Just want to be sure. We are allowed to bring our own snacks into the stadium, as long as they are in a clear zip lock bag,right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to be sure. We are allowed to bring our own snacks into the stadium, as long as they are in a clear zip lock bag,right?
    Correct. Enjoy the game!