Thread: Powell, Lacy, Wilson, Smith (Pick 2)

All League

Powell, Lacy, Wilson, Smith (Pick 2)

Need an RB2 and a Flex this week.

Right now, I've got Powell (v. ATL) as RB2 and Eddie Lacy (v. DET) as my Flex. Have David Wilson (v. PHI) and Steve Smith (v. ARI) on my bench

Here's my reasoning:

1) Powell has been doing well. He's the only real weapon for the Jets this week. Jets O-line can push around the smaller ATL D-line. BUT ATL will be looking to stop him first.

2) Lacy is back. Starks is out. They play DET who's been gashed by the run lately. BUT Franklin has also looked good in his absence and is more of a pass catching threat.

3) David Wilson has looked putrid so far. BUT they're playing a division rival. PHI D has been gashed by the run. Giants need to salvage the season. Giants let go of Scott, so Wilson should get the majority of carries.

4) Steve Smith is the veteran and therefore the most reliable. Coming off a Bye so 2 weeks to prepare for ARI. BUT he'll be going up against Patrick Peterson.

As always, all comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tough call. I'm always of the belief that you start the player who will get the most touches (usually a RB).
    I think Powell is a tough start this week given a) the Jets WR situation ATL D will key the run b) Goodson being back and c) not knowing Ivory's status.

Lacy is a no-brainer to me. It comes down to Wilson vs. Smith. Is Carolina at home or going to AZ? Got to imagine that Peterson will match up 1 on 1 with Smith.
    I think I might go Wilson.

I agree that of that group Lacy is the easy choice as a must start. At flex I'd roll the dice with Wilson this week. Giants just dropped Scott and the Eagles D is very soft against the run. This could be the breakout week for Wilson.

I agree with Lacy and Wilson. I definitely think Wilson has somewhat of a breakout and his best fantasy week of the season.

I'm weary about Powell this week. Atlanta will be stacking the box and it's very likely the Jets could be playing from behind. Not a good recipe for a successful day on the ground.

All League
    Excellent guys. As always, your input is appreciated. Love when it's unanimous too (makes things so much easier).

Btw, CTJetsFanII... Steve Smith would be @ ARI.

Gonna roll with Lacy and Wilson.