Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Freeman Released

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Packers? Raiders?
    Raiders, maybe, but I think they want to see what Pryor can give them at this point. Packers would want Freeman, but I don't see why Freeman would go there. He has no chance to start unless there is a catastrophic injury to Rodgers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jax makes the most sense for the guy.....as it does for Mark Sanchez next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    WTF has Revis to do with this?
    I am more confused at your inability to udnerstand why this has something to do with Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I am more confused at your inability to udnerstand why this has something to do with Revis.
    Really?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    The obsession with Josh Freeman on this forum seems strange to me.
    Really? Obsessions, delusions, bi-polar conditions, schizophrenia and other problems are pretty damn commonplace around here.

In fact, I don't think you can register for JI without some type of mental problem.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-03-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Really? Obsessions, delusions, bi-polar conditions, schizophrenia and other problems are pretty damn commonplace around here.

In fact, I don't think you can register for JI without some type of mental problem.

Hall Of Fame

And don't even get us started on the litmus test required to moderate these forums.

I knew there was a reason I felt comfortable here

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    And don't even get us started on the litmus test required to moderate these forums.

I guess it takes crazy to moderate crazy!

You must have seen 32green's resume submitted to get his Mod job.

luna59_13.jpg

We better be in line to grab this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    I guess it takes crazy to moderate crazy!

You must have seen 32green's resume submitted to get his Mod job.

luna59_13.jpg
    And let's have a moment of silence for the non-trivial list of moderators who went postal on the job

Freeman will command at least 3 mill on the open market IMO. Tenn will jump all over him with Fitz as their starter right now and no BU. I could see Chip Kelly in Philly, Zona, and Jax all bidding on him. He is a legit talent that was handcuffed by a bad HC.

Rookie
    Doesn't he need rehab? Won't Locker be back by then?

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that fans are interested. If he is willing to sign for a cheap contract, he makes some sense. Obviously he was in a horrid situation in Tampa (and he's partially responsible). But at worst he's 2 years removed from a fantastic season, and even last year he was inaccurate but wasn't terrible overall. Now, I was someone who said, the Jets should absolutely not trade for him, and absolutely not waste a lot of cap space on him, but now that he's cut, I wouldn't have an issue with the Jets getting him.

I would think the Jaguars could go after him, because even if they want to play Gabbert, he's a got more upside than Chad Henne. (also true for the Jets and Brady Quinn)

Why would he come to a team like the Jets?? Our offense has zero weapons. He would fail miserably.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Bad apple, malcontent, locker room cancer... Freeman and the Raiders are a match made in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Why would he come to a team like the Jets?? Our offense has zero weapons. He would fail miserably.
    Meh, I don't think he has a ton of options that could lead to a starting role right now. It's not like he can go to the Falcons and be the starter.

Not interested, thanks. Smith/Simms 2013 OR a new draft pick for 2014 and beyond.

No recycled "sure, WE can fix him" fantasies about other teams castoff Sanchez-alikes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    put a hot chick back there and it will distract the defense. brilliant
    Not if Kerry was playing..

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Doesn't he need rehab? Won't Locker be back by then?
    No he doesnt