Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Josh Freeman Released

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    What a blow for the Browns losing Hoyer for the year- Weeden beat the Bills with a nobody at QB. The Bills are the definition of inconsistent.
    Jills' season is over. They have Bengals, Phins, Saints and Chiefs next 4 weeks they will be 2-7 by the next time they have a winnable game vs Steelers.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Hoyer just tore his knee up, freeman is going to the browns, Tampa should have held him for one more day
    Browns already said they're not interested. Jags might be interested in signing Freeman since Gabby and Henne are both horrible and it might shut up the sign Tebow nonsense.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see the Jags going after Freeman. It would screw them in the Bridgewater race. I see him winding up on the Bills.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Browns already said they're not interested. Jags might be interested in signing Freeman since Gabby and Henne are both horrible and it might shut up the sign Tebow nonsense.
    Wonder if the Browns or Jills will make Tebow an offer???

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Freeman decision nearing as ex-Bucs QB narrows suitors to three

    Jason La Canfora

    Free-agent quarterback Josh Freeman was contacted by eight to 10 teams upon being released by the Buccaneers on Friday, according to league sources, and by the weekend had narrowed his focus to three potential suitors. The former first-round pick is expected to make a decision as soon as Monday morning, with the results of Sunday's games playing a part in his thought process.

    Freeman, who will earn a full $8.6M this season, was not as focused on the finances of his next deal, but more looking at the full scope of the opportunity, sources said. That includes the ability to play in the short or long term, the quality and stability of the coaching staff and the degree of the team’s interest, moreso than weighing varied financial offers. Any deal could have incentives based on how much he plays and how well he plays. The array of teams interested in him ran the gamut of some with immediate needs to some that would not seem to be as obviously in the quarterback market, sources said.

    While Freeman and his advisors were sorting through his playing options, the NFLPA was continuing its investigation into last week’s leaks of confidential information about Freeman’s status in the NFL’s drug program. According to union sources, the NFLPA maintains that head coach Greg Schiano had at least one discussion with Freeman about his drug status, as Freeman elected to have his test done at the team facility, given its convenience and the fact he felt like he had nothing to hide. The NFLPA is also alleging in its investigation that team employees were volunteering information to media outlets about Freeman.

    The NFLPA has also filed paperwork appealing the team fines issued to Freeman before his release by Tampa Bay, including for allegedly being late to meetings and for giving an “unauthorized” interview with ESPN.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    NFLPA grievance alleges Greg Schiano was part of decision made to put Tynes on Non Football Injury list. Tynes still on PICC line for MRSA

    Amid all their other drama, K Lawrence Tynes & NFLPA filed grievance against Bucs this week for handling of his MRSA: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24036106/examining-the-mrsa-grievance-lawrence-tynes-filed-against-the-bucs …

  7. #67
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Tennessee reached out to QB JaMarcus Russell last week to gauge his interest in returning. Russell can't yet; still rehabbing a knee injury.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    NFLPA grievance alleges Greg Schiano was part of decision made to put Tynes on Non Football Injury list. Tynes still on PICC line for MRSA

    Amid all their other drama, K Lawrence Tynes & NFLPA filed grievance against Bucs this week for handling of his MRSA: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24036106/examining-the-mrsa-grievance-lawrence-tynes-filed-against-the-bucs …
    The Bucs are the definition of a circus.

    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Tennessee reached out to QB JaMarcus Russell last week to gauge his interest in returning. Russell can't yet; still rehabbing a knee injury.
    When was the last time he played in the NFL???

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a way it's too bad Sanchez was not healthy, we would likely be able to trade him this week.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    post deleted
    Last edited by LSJF; 10-06-2013 at 02:52 PM.

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Sunday NFL programs Freeman will make up his mind after the Sunday games and his teams will be the Raiders or Vikings..

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    In a way it's too bad Sanchez was not healthy, we would likely be able to trade him this week.
    Yeah, there's so many teams in need of a QB all of a sudden- wonder if the Bills would have offered anything- stranger divisional trades have happened (McNabb).

  13. #73
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    According to the Sunday NFL programs Freeman will make up his mind after the Sunday games and his teams will be the Raiders or Vikings..
    Might want to add the bills to that mix.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    In a way it's too bad Sanchez was not healthy, we would likely be able to trade him this week.


    Your endless cluelessness on Sanchez has no bounds, it's unreal, you hate him so much you just don't seem to understand that Sanchez and his contract is UNTRADABLE, no team would trade for his contract, otherwise, he probably would have already been an ex-Jet.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Josh Freeman is signing with Minnesota.

  16. #76
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a Viking..

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Your endless cluelessness on Sanchez has no bounds, it's unreal, you hate him so much you just don't seem to understand that Sanchez and his contract is UNTRADABLE, no team would trade for his contract, otherwise, he probably would have already been an ex-Jet.
    Normally I'd argee but I do think there would be 2 trade partners had he been able to get healthy. TB did have some interest during the Revis deal they just couldnt absorb his contract. Now that it is 4 games in your talking 5 mil which may have been movable at this point if not for Freeman straight up. I could have very well saw that as a possibility given TB just ate 6 mil cutting Josh. Jax also would be looking to add anyone to shut up the Tebow talk. Maybe even move MJDs or Lewis's contract's in the process and add anther low end pick. Both are old and Lewis is pretty much just depth in that lineup now making like 4 mil.

    Other then those 2 I agree teams like Oakland, Buff, and Zona wouldnt look at him. Well maybe Buff but only because Mark did bring his A game vs them. I also have to laugh when people say Seattle would want him. Pete wasnt a fan of him at all and he didnt go after Leinard who was better in his system.

  18. #78
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: Aaron's brother. RT @JRodgers11: Blessed to have another opportunity #buccaneers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us