Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis falls off cliff as top cornerback

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Revis is also playing zone coverage which is different from the Jets man on man defense. He was also rehabing in the off season which is more likely the reason he's not 100%.
    He was man to man with Fitzgerald in the loss to the Cards.. Here's a pic of the game winning td..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    A family of Juggalos.
    Lil Orphan Revis LOVES his new family!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Peter King is all of a sudden a quality informed journalist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Still the best CB in the game, just playing in the wrong system for a chaotic mess of a team.
    +1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure he's the Revis of old, but this is a stupid list, not to include Revis. Sherman, I understand, he's stepped up in Revis' absence. But Talib? He's good, but not great. Hayden has upside, but take out contracts, and I take Revis over him. Verner? C'mon.

Revis is playing in the wrong system, and coming off of a major injury. I think he'll take time to come back fully, but he's already one of the best CBs in the game. In the Bucs game, he got beat by Fitzgerald, one of the best WRs in the game, and also did have an interception while covering Fitz. While the TD he gave up was in man, TB played zone in other instances where Fitz beat them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I'm not sure he's the Revis of old, but this is a stupid list, not to include Revis. Sherman, I understand, he's stepped up in Revis' absence. But Talib? He's good, but not great. Hayden has upside, but take out contracts, and I take Revis over him. Verner? C'mon.

Revis is playing in the wrong system, and coming off of a major injury. I think he'll take time to come back fully, but he's already one of the best CBs in the game. In the Bucs game, he got beat by Fitzgerald, one of the best WRs in the game, and also did have an interception while covering Fitz. While the TD he gave up was in man, TB played zone in other instances where Fitz beat them.
    According to Revis himself he said the game plan was to line up with Fitzgerald.. But I should believe you?? Why not read the paper about the game.. Fitzgerald didn't get a pass thrown his way in the first half.. But Revis wasn't covering him right??
    http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/in-crunch...evis-20130929/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    16 mil a year for one of the best CBs. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 16 mil a year he better be the best by miles and attend all the tailgate parties pre and post game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He was man to man with Fitzgerald in the loss to the Cards.. Here's a pic of the game winning td..

LOVE IT!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is a great player, but I certainly think Rex helped maximize his talent. It's like Jordan and Phil Jackson. Phil was great at maximizing players existing talent, and Jordan had plenty of it. But before Phil came along Jordan was floundering with out a system that got the most of him. Same goes for Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Revis, Geiger, Schwartz & Feinsod, Mark Dominik, Greg Schiano,

Thank you for Sheldon Richardson.

Sincerely,

Jets fans

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Revis is a great player, but I certainly think Rex helped maximize his talent. It's like Jordan and Phil Jackson. Phil was great at maximizing players existing talent, and Jordan had plenty of it. But before Phil came along Jordan was floundering with out a system that got the most of him. Same goes for Revis.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think you might want to give him a little more time before yuking it up saying hes not what he was.

Like him or not, want him or not, he's a damn good corner. I hate what he became and all the BS you have to deal with, get rid of that nonsense and I'd take a player who plays like him anytime

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I would think you might want to give him a little more time before yuking it up saying hes not what he was.

Like him or not, want him or not, he's a damn good corner. I hate what he became and all the BS you have to deal with, get rid of that nonsense and I'd take a player who plays like him anytime
    Wouldn't we all JN..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't we all JN..
    Shame, isn't it?

Hope he winds up like Strawberry and Keyshawn and realizes that he was happy where he was and regrets forcing his way out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    LOVE IT!
    Seconded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I don't know, Revis seemed pretty happy to leave the Jets Circus for the "family atmosphere" in Tampa.
    LOL. Bucs are the biggest circus in the NFL right now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any other day, this board vilifies anything Peter King says.

Selective reading/viewing I suppose.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Revis himself he said the game plan was to line up with Fitzgerald.. But I should believe you?? Why not read the paper about the game.. Fitzgerald didn't get a pass thrown his way in the first half.. But Revis wasn't covering him right??
    http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/in-crunch...evis-20130929/
    I'm not quite sure what you are going for there. Are you saying Revis is still good or that Revis is bad?

Anyway, the TD grab, it was one on one, and a really nice double move by Fitz. But there were definitely passes in the third quarter that were in zone, where Revis passed him off. You can look up the play by play if you want if you have access to Game Rewind.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Idzik's first move, trading Revis, looking like a good one.
    How exactly was this a good move by Idzik?

The kid he drafted with the compensation pick for Revis can't count or cover rookie jags and has been benched the last two games.
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 10-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Rex made Revis Island.

Mevis is a total douche and he blew it bigtime.
    REX has had 2 1st round CBs drafted under his watch. As of now ..they BOTH suck. You credit REX for Revis???