Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 103

Thread: Revis falls off cliff as top cornerback

  1. #41
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Opps double post.
    Last edited by sevomd; 10-03-2013 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #42
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    How exactly was this a good move by Idzik?

    The kid he drafted with the compensation pick for Revis can't count or cover rookie jags and has been benched the last two games.
    He actually drafted Sheldon Richardson with the Revis pick, but don't let the facts get in the way of a compelling argument.

  3. #43
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Specifically what parts of his game are suffering to make you reach the conclusion that he's fallen off a cliff. Certainly not the opinion of one Patriots homer a quarter into a season with a new team with a zone system coming off of acl surgery right? Has he played poorly? Have you watched every bucs game with the all 22 app? Who has he been covering? Thanks.
    You're saying his reaction has "Knee Jerk®" written all over it.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    How exactly was this a good move by Idzik?

    The kid he drafted with the compensation pick for Revis can't count or cover rookie jags and has been benched the last two games.
    1. Milliner is injured, played well enough before getting injured.

    2. SR, the 13th pick was the pick from the trade.

    3. We still have another pick in the 3rd this year coming our way.

    4. You swung and missed on every point

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    What this means is that Revis either will be cut by the Bucs or have his contract reworked. It also means that he will not be able to be paid as a top CB. He will get good money but not the money he thought he deserved. As for him playing in the wrong system that's the choice he made when he went to Tampa. I would not be surprised to see Sanchez and Ryan(if he is fired) wind up in Tampa

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Revis is also playing zone coverage which is different from the Jets man on man defense. He was also rehabing in the off season which is more likely the reason he's not 100%.
    Schiano certainly isn't doing him any favors either.

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You're saying his reaction has "Knee Jerk®" written all over it.

    LOLZ

    I need to have a beer with you and 32green

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you are going for there. Are you saying Revis is still good or that Revis is bad?

    Anyway, the TD grab, it was one on one, and a really nice double move by Fitz. But there were definitely passes in the third quarter that were in zone, where Revis passed him off. You can look up the play by play if you want if you have access to Game Rewind.
    I have always thought Revis was a great player what I take issue with is the feeling he's a god that can't be beat or if he is it's not his fault.. I could stand it when he was a Jet but not when he plays for another team.. I don't need rewind I'll go by what Revis said..

  9. #49
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    He actually drafted Sheldon Richardson with the Revis pick, but don't let the facts get in the way of a compelling argument.
    Hehe ... and that pick is looking like a home run right now.

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    771
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little premature to discount him. Overall I think the right decision was made to let him go. Unlike many, I don't begrudge him for wanting to be paid what he thinks his talent is worth. It's what every player--and every employee--does. He's one of the few that had enough leverage to negotiate in a way most players cannot. We wouldn't/couldn't pay what he thought he was worth. We seem to have received good value in exchange for what we gave up and that's really all we can ask for. He got pretty good value too: a ****load of cash. However, if he doesn't reach and maintain performance at a level that warrants that much cash then this might be his last outsized contract.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Tampa cuts him, we sign the beast

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    A little premature to discount him. Overall I think the right decision was made to let him go. Unlike many, I don't begrudge him for wanting to be paid what he thinks his talent is worth. It's what every player--and every employee--does. He's one of the few that had enough leverage to negotiate in a way most players cannot. We wouldn't/couldn't pay what he thought he was worth. We seem to have received good value in exchange for what we gave up and that's really all we can ask for. He got pretty good value too: a ****load of cash. However, if he doesn't reach and maintain performance at a level that warrants that much cash then this might be his last outsized contract.
    Make that last outsized year at 16 million no way with what's going on with the Buc's is he getting 16 next year..

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Revis falls off cliff as top cornerback

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Rex made Revis Island.

    Mevis is a total douche and he blew it bigtime.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    He shouldnt have come back as soon as he did. No way he is 100% IMO. I think by week 10 we will see more of the old Revis. I could also see the TB situation as a reason for Revis to step on the breaks a bit. If TBs GM gets fired he knows there is 0 chance he returns next year. Right now Mark Dominik is on the hot seat for sure 24-40 record prior to this season and it isnt looking improved under his management.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You're saying his reaction has "Knee Jerk®" written all over it.
    hehe

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis isn't in the AFC E, or the AFC anymore.

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    What this means is that Revis either will be cut by the Bucs or have his contract reworked. It also means that he will not be able to be paid as a top CB. He will get good money but not the money he thought he deserved. As for him playing in the wrong system that's the choice he made when he went to Tampa. I would not be surprised to see Sanchez and Ryan(if he is fired) wind up in Tampa
    Revis had no choice. He was traded to Tampa.
    I agree that if Idzik ets Rex go, Rex will wind up in Tampa.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Revis had no choice. He was traded to Tampa.
    I agree that if Idzik ets Rex go, Rex will wind up in Tampa.
    Sure he did but he wanted 16 million.. That's why he was traded.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He was man to man with Fitzgerald in the loss to the Cards.. Here's a pic of the game winning td..

    they played zone most of the game against the Cards. Revis got beat for the game tying (not game winning) TD by Fitz for sure, but he was supposed to get help from the safety there. Still, that TD was on Revis. Made me smile.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    they played zone most of the game against the Cards. Revis got beat for the game tying (not game winning) TD by Fitz for sure, but he was supposed to get help from the safety there. Still, that TD was on Revis. Made me smile.
    Did you read the article?? I was going by what Revis said and I didn't watch the game..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us