Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Revis falls off cliff as top cornerback

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Let's say Revis gets cut next year. What are the chances the Jets go after Revis for less money and actually bring him back? Imagine having all the draft picks from Revis AND getting back the player you traded only one year later. The Jets would be monsters on defense.
    Slim to none. We don't need him to be a solid D, can he run fast and or catch passes or play G or RB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Let's say Revis gets cut next year. What are the chances the Jets go after Revis for less money and actually bring him back? Imagine having all the draft picks from Revis AND getting back the player you traded only one year later. The Jets would be monsters on defense.
    With all the circus crap going on in Tampa Revis may be really missing his buddy Rex by now.. If Revis decides money isn't everything it's possible(And that's a huge If) after all Coles came back from the Skins..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    King is usually wrong but he's right about Sherman being the best CB in the league. Even with Revis being healthy this year I think Sherman would have surpassed him. He has that Prime Time effect where he could shut you down and not just break up a pass but makes the huge INT. Sherman was a legit shut down guy last year holding some stars down but he also had 8 picks. If you throw at him he has potential to not just break up the pass but make a huge INT. Revis was clutch and I'll always remember how he made REALLY good receivers look ordinary ... probably still top 5 and if he stood healthy would be right behind Sherman IMO but since he's not 100% its not even close. Sherman is by far the CB in Football ... He's a shutdown guy PLUS playmaker.
    Jesus, the dude deservedly was in conversation as the GOAT at CB and now that he's not with the Jets he's 'far behind Sherman' and not even a lock at top 5 in the league?

He was so dominant and had no peers from 2009-2011, that even if he has taken a step back as people here are claiming, he'd still be an elite CB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me get this straight....

Some here are saying that Revis has fallen off a cliff because Peter King says so? The same Peter King that everyone has accused multiple times of s*cking off Bill Bellichick? The same guy that is well known for being the biggest sold out sh*thhead for the Patsies?

Because he wasn't mentioned in the same breath as Aquib Talib and Richard Sherman?

This board truly does get lame at times.

Some fans will use ANYTHING to try and trash ex-Jets.

First of all, Peter King is the same sh*thead he's always been. His articles/videos do not suddenly hold weight because it supports your hatred of an ex-Jet. Second of all, I have watched Revis play. Remember when we played them in the opener? Remember when he held our best WR to 1 reception?

Revis is still MONEY. He is money when he is used correctly. Now, it is a little concerning to see Revis playing zone?! It makes me think Greg Schiano should be fired for being an incompetent a$$hole. But that is beside the point. When Revis is used correctly, he is the VERY BEST CB in the game today.

Was he worth 16 million per? I'll leave that up to you all to debate, but to say the guy has fallen off a cliff and will be cut at the end of the season?

Meanwhile, the same complete homer Jets fans are putting threads out there that say, "Ducasse is a beast", Ducasse is a pro bowler, and "Vlad Ducasse vs. Kris Jenkins"?

All I can say is, I have never remembered a time when so many were so out of touch with reality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Jesus, the dude deservedly was in conversation as the GOAT at CB and now that he's not with the Jets he's 'far behind Sherman' and not even a lock at top 5 in the league?

He was so dominant and had no peers from 2009-2011, that even if he has taken a step back as people here are claiming, he'd still be an elite CB
    I wouldn't care if he was still here or not. From 09 to 11 he was the best and last year was probably headed there. Injuries played a factor in this but if you had to make a choice right now between revis or Sherman you'd pick revis?
    That's homer talk if so. Revis is my favorite jet of all time but I won't be bias. Reality is reality ... Have u seen Sherman play? I watch all Seattle games that kid is like revis with prime time ability. He's scary great.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Wow how soon we forget. I understand Revis may not be back and honestly may never be back to what he was but what he did for us those three years are off the charts and quite possibly the best a Cb has ever played in this league, bar none. That being said he isnt a Jet and was a pain in the ass when he was here so I am off his jock but I do wish him success.
    I didn't forget anything. What he is NOW vs what Sherman is now has nothing to do with 09 to 11.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I wouldn't care if he was still here or not. From 09 to 11 he was the best and last year was probably headed there. Injuries played a factor in this but if you had to make a choice right now between revis or Sherman you'd pick revis?
    That's homer talk if so. Revis is my favorite jet of all time but I won't be bias. Reality is reality ... Have u seen Sherman play? I watch all Seattle games that kid is like revis with prime time ability. He's scary great.
    With Revis being 30 times more expensive then Sherman anyone that picks Revis must be in love..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As the saying goes, be careful what you ask for.....as the grass always looks greener on the other side. Revis and his reps will see his price tag/value drop dramatically. For example, just go ask Namdi.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    With all the circus crap going on in Tampa Revis may be really missing his buddy Rex by now.. If Revis decides money isn't everything it's possible(And that's a huge If) after all Coles came back from the Skins..
    Plus, the Jets will have a ton of cap space and can still re-sign guys and go out and try to bring in a free agent wr.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    A family of Juggalos.
    MAGIC MAGIC NINJA WHAT

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO Revis is still the best in the game.

Tampa are idiots for not using correctly.

If Tampa lets him go, the Jets will not be the team to offer him the most money ... Revis will go to whatever team does offer the most Jack ... Therefore, it's a non-story.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    As the saying goes, be careful what you ask for.....as the grass always looks greener on the other side. Revis and his reps will see his price tag/value drop dramatically. For example, just go ask Namdi.
    Big difference between Revis and Nnamdi. Nmandi was never a good corner to begin with even in Oakland. I tried telling this to everyone I know but no one would listen. Nnamdi was a slighly above average corner, and the rest of the raiders defensive backs were bad. Since Nnamdi didnt play one side of the field like Revis, run your #1 wr to the side opposite Nnamdi and problem solved. Watch Nnamdi shut down your #2 receiver. Big deal. Revis was shutting down true #1 receivers week in and week out, also in big games. The one thing people forget about Revis is that he was having abusrd seasons with the Jets but somehow he even picked up his game in the playoffs. Even before Philly, Nnamdi never played in a big game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still cant fathom how people on this board are claiming it was a good trade because we got Sheldon Richardson. What does Sheldon Richardson have anything to do with it? Would the Jets have even considered Millner if they still had revis? No! We would have had richardson at #9. Milner already looks like a huge bust after a few games. Cant stay on the field and there were already durability concerns, and while we cant expect a corner to excel right away, we certainly shouldnt expect him to get abused right away by an average rookie receiver who was drafted way after him.

So Revis for Millner and a #3 next year looks like a huge swing and miss. What the Jets drafting Millner at #9 tells us is they wanted both Richardson and Millner, but they thought there was a bigger risk of taking Richardson at 9 and having Millner already picked by their next pick at 13.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis falls off cliff as top cornerback

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I still cant fathom how people on this board are claiming it was a good trade because we got Sheldon Richardson. What does Sheldon Richardson have anything to do with it? Would the Jets have even considered Millner if they still had revis? No! We would have had richardson at #9. Milner already looks like a huge bust after a few games. Cant stay on the field and there were already durability concerns, and while we cant expect a corner to excel right away, we certainly shouldnt expect him to get abused right away by an average rookie receiver who was drafted way after him.

So Revis for Millner and a #3 next year looks like a huge swing and miss. What the Jets drafting Millner at #9 tells us is they wanted both Richardson and Millner, but they thought there was a bigger risk of taking Richardson at 9 and having Millner already picked by their next pick at 13.
    A huge bust after a few games... Cause that doesn't sound ridiculous or anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Slim to none. We don't need him to be a solid D, can he run fast and or catch passes or play G or RB?
    Under his scenario and if he comes at an affordable price why not?

Are you saying that because he isn't a WR, G or RB that he doesn't make the Jets better?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post

And people complain that we are made fun of.

Who kills their own picks after 4 games?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And people complain that we are made fun of.

Who kills their own picks after 4 games?

I think we are made fun of because of the little brother image we have to the Patriots, Dolphins and Giants. And for the media's sake hating on the Jaguars or the Bills is not nearly as fun for them. Sad but true. I still say this franchise is not nearly as much as failure historically as the Bills, Browns, Lions, Vikings, Bengals and Saints. I shall leave the Jaguars, Panthers and Texans off the list as they are expansion teams.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    obviously nobody is making fun of the Saints now (top 3 team on The Sperm Edward's Power Rankings)

but the Bills, Browns and Lions have nothing to raise their heads on besides four superbowl losses in a row (spun as 4 straight AFC titles); Jim Brown and Otto Graham and Barry Sanders. Hey Cleveland fan, remember The Drive? Yeah, you guys suck worse than the Jets. Bills best all time player is a known murderer. Lions have the best wide receiver and running backs ever and have nothing to show for it in the playoffs either.

Vikings are horrible too. They lost four superbowls, choked away a 15-1 season after setting scoring records and last year they had a 2,000 yard rusher but their QB gets hurt going into the playoffs. Horrible luck...absolutely painful franchise to be a fan of. They too had a try with Brett Favre and while ours hurt theirs hurt more being stung by a bad pass in the playoffs against a team they should have beat.

The bungals are another team that is an abysmal team. From the recent years of leading the league in arrests to the 23+ years (And going) of not winning playoff games. Cory Dillon leaving you to go win titles with the evil Patriots. Chad Ochocinco making a mockery of you with his antics despite never winning a playoff game there. With that said, thank you for beating the Patriots today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post
    I think we are made fun of because of the little brother image we have to the Patriots, Dolphins and Giants. And for the media's sake hating on the Jaguars or the Bills is not nearly as fun for them. Sad but true. I still say this franchise is not nearly as much as failure historically as the Bills, Browns, Lions, Vikings, Bengals and Saints. I shall leave the Jaguars, Panthers and Texans off the list as they are expansion teams.
    The Patriots and Dolphins?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The trade was obviously the right thing for this organization, especially given the throwaway status of this season.

But let's not make believe we have even come close to replacing him at CB.

He is still one of the best in the game.