Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats were exposed today....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats were exposed today....

They can't do squat against a good defense. Soft schedule had them at 4-0....they were lucky to get by us with 13 points at New England! This division is up for grabs this year as the Pats will lose quite a few more games. If we can get Geno's turnovers under control we have a shot at this division. We can win tomorrow night with no turnovers. Tough task with a rookie QB so that's a crap shoot. We WILL beat the Pats in New York later this year and i'm not scared of the fish. This is gonna be a interesting year in the AFC east.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    YEP!

Brady is gonna prove that he's a hack and a product of Kraft's Officiating

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are right but until we are the ones exposing them it really doesn't matter. 5 straight losses now. A win at MetLife would be nice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    YEP!

Brady is gonna prove that he's a hack and a product of Kraft's Officiating
    all while going 12-4 ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope you are right but until we are the ones exposing them it really doesn't matter. 5 straight losses now. A win at MetLife would be nice.
    Pretty much this. I enjoy watching them lose just as much as the next Jets fan, but it doesn't mean a whole ton if we're not the ones beating them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    They can't do squat against a good defense. Soft schedule had them at 4-0....they were lucky to get by us with 13 points at New England! This division is up for grabs this year as the Pats will lose quite a few more games. If we can get Geno's turnovers under control we have a shot at this division. We can win tomorrow night with no turnovers. Tough task with a rookie QB so that's a crap shoot. We WILL beat the Pats in New York later this year and i'm not scared of the fish. This is gonna be a interesting year in the AFC east.
    They truly should not have made it past us in week 2. We were clearly the better team.

But they did get by us because the defense did not hold up its end of the bargain. For as good as they were, they did not get after Brady. They did not knock him off his throwing spots. They did not make him throw on the run. They DID NOT force any turnovers.

That's the reason we lost. There isn't a person alive that doesn't know how to beat Brady. You must hit him early and often. You must make him throw on the run. You must force him into some turnovers. The Jets defense did none of it.

This is also the reason why we are going to lose against the Falcons more than likely. The Jets defense needs to utilize the very same defensive plan against the Falcons in order to beat them.

Now, you can say turnovers by the offense are an issue and you would be right. But please do not pretend this defense is not capable of forcing more turnovers than they have. They could also give Geno some easy chances to score with short fields. The defense has done NONE of that.

So for me this defense is clearly not as good as everyone is making it out to be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    They truly should not have made it past us in week 2. We were clearly the better team.

But they did get by us because the defense did not hold up its end of the bargain. For as good as they were, they did not get after Brady. They did not knock him off his throwing spots. They did not make him throw on the run. They DID NOT force any turnovers.

That's the reason we lost. There isn't a person alive that doesn't know how to beat Brady. You must hit him early and often. You must make him throw on the run. You must force him into some turnovers. The Jets defense did none of it.

This is also the reason why we are going to lose against the Falcons more than likely. The Jets defense needs to utilize the very same defensive plan against the Falcons in order to beat them.

Now, you can say turnovers by the offense are an issue and you would be right. But please do not pretend this defense is not capable of forcing more turnovers than they have. They could also give Geno some easy chances to score with short fields. The defense has done NONE of that.

So for me this defense is clearly not as good as everyone is making it out to be.
    Typical SOJF response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    all while going 12-4 ...
    Nope!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Typical SOJF response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Tell us where he's wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Tell us where he's wrong.
    His whole rant on the D was off, outside of not getting a lot of sacks, which isn't really a big deal. The D made Brady really uncomfortable that night, forced him into one of his worst performances and held them down more than enough to beat them. It was all on the O and the missed opportunities, there were more than a few to win the game.

But we got lots of the usual cliches like you have to hit him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    all while going 12-4 ...
    Let see how we do against Atlanta. Pats beat them readily.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silly use of the word "exposed", but I agree with the overall point that the AFC East should be very competitive all season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    We WILL beat the Pats in New York later this year
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Silly use of the word "exposed", but I agree with the overall point that the AFC East should be very competitive all season.
    In all honesty, the gap may have closed a bit, slightly, however, the Bengals are obviously a good team this year.
    Its still the Pats division to lose, but the competitiveness can hopefully lead to some VERY exciting inter divisional matchups this year. Isnt that what makes this all fun?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even with the penalty disadvantage and the Refs helping the Pats whenever possible, they still lost.

Pats fans are chalking up their loss to being a trap game, bad weather at an inopportune time, and a perfect storm of events to finish the game for the loss.

ROFLMAO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-1 with the injuries the team has had to endure? I'll take it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Don't forget the Murder Indictments!

Missing WELKER YET???

LMAO!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feels empty when they routinely kick our ass but sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Don't forget the Murder Indictments!

Missing WELKER YET???

LMAO!!!
    Why, do you think they'd be 5-0 with Welker? I don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LOL