Thread: Ex-Yankee Sentenced to 7-15 Years in Prison For Inappropriate Touching Teenage Girls

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Yankee Sentenced to 7-15 Years in Prison For Inappropriate Touching Teenage Girls

Chad Curtis sentenced to 7-15 years for inappropriate touching teenage girlsMLB
    BY TIM POLZER
    Former Yankees outfielder Chad Curtis was sentenced for inappropriate touching. (Getty Images)

Former major league outfielder Chad Curtis was sentenced Thursday to seven to 15 years in prison for inappropriately touching teenage girls. He received the maximum penalty allowed by Michigan law.

Curtis’s sentencing came after a jury this summer found the 44-year-old two-time World Series champion guilty of six counts of criminal sexual conduct.

Curtis was found guilty of touching the girls last year when he was a volunteer weight-room strength trainer at a Detroit-area high school. A 16-year-old girl accused him of touching and kissing her breasts. Two 15-year-old girls also said Curtis inappropriately touched their buttocks.

Between 1992 and 2001, Curtis played 10 MLB seasons, including terms with the Angels, Tigers, Dodgers, Indians, Yankees — with whom he won two World Series rings — and Rangers.
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/03/ch..._a16&eref=sihp

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm praying for you Ernie.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I'm praying for you Ernie.
    Thanks. You should be praying for Mr. Curtis, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Chad Curtis sentenced to 7-15 years for inappropriate touching teenage girlsMLB
    BY TIM POLZER
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/03/ch..._a16&eref=sihp
    Obviously that is a severe crime.

But why do you post it? Do you think it reflects poorly on the Yankees that a guy who spent 3 years of a 9 year career on the Yankees 14 years ago has committed a crime now? It's not like he's on the team now, or they are covering up for him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Obviously that is a severe crime.

But why do you post it? Do you think it reflects poorly on the Yankees that a guy who spent 3 years of a 9 year career on the Yankees 14 years ago has committed a crime now? It's not like he's on the team now, or they are covering up for him.
    Ernie, am otherwise good christian, has hate in his heart for the pinstripes.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cut his nuts off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    15 years for kissing a tit? His attorney must suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    15 years for kissing a tit? His attorney must suck.
    Or he had a jury fill of bitter old men and women Ernies.

I'm somewhat curious - how did they prove him guilty? Seems like a he-said-she-said kind of situation.