Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OUR NEW HC SHOULD BE A CURRENT OC IN NFL

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    If this team continues to play un-disciplined football, he deserves to be let go. Afterall, wasn’t it Rex who said that penalties fall squarely on his shoulders?
    Yes, but unless something really outlandish happens, there is no purpose to letting him go in the middle of the season.

Rod Marinelli did not get fired in the middle in the 0-16 season with the Lions. If there was anytime to do it, then it was there.

It's not really done much anymore

What does the fox say?

Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump-Dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If this team continues to play un-disciplined football, he deserves to be let go. Afterall, wasn’t it Rex who said that penalties fall squarely on his shoulders?
    The 49'ers are right behind the Jets for penalties should Harbaugh be fired also??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The 49'ers are right behind the Jets for penalties should Harbaugh be fired also??
    Yes and Rex goes to SF and Harbaugh to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Yes and Rex goes to SF and Harbaugh to the Jets.
    You really hate Rex..

Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    Time to start a list of potential HC candidates, might as well start
    with the top 10 Offensive coordinators in the league.

Hopefully all of our offensive coaches are out the door,
    I can't see keeping any of them. Is there anyone on the offensive
    side of the ball worth retaining ?

In the words of Bart Scott, Can't Wait !

NEW COACHES COMING TO TOWN !
    If Rex is fired at the end of the year, our next HC should be the best available coach out there regardless if he is offensive or defensive oriented coach

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Yes, but unless something really outlandish happens, there is no purpose to letting him go in the middle of the season.

Rod Marinelli did not get fired in the middle in the 0-16 season with the Lions. If there was anytime to do it, then it was there.

It's not really done much anymore

With Rex, one never knows. The odds are 50%-50% on something really outlandish happening!
    But seriously, Losing 6 games in a row ( TENN, ATL, PITT, NE CIN, N.O.) to me will be the final nail in the coffin. Idzik will have enough amo to walk into Woddy’s office and demand that he be fired. He’s not Idzik’s guy. It's time to get a in there guy that can nurture Geno’s development and let the chips fall where they may.

All League
    With Rex, one never knows. The odds are 50%-50% on something really outlandish happening!
    But seriously, Losing 6 games in a row ( TENN, ATL, PITT, NE CIN, N.O.) to me will be the final nail in the coffin. Idzik will have enough amo to walk into Woddy’s office and demand that he be fired. He’s not Idzik’s guy. It's time to get a in there guy that can nurture Geno’s development and let the chips fall where they may.
    How do you know Rex is not Idziks guy? Link?

I hear people say this over and over with not one shred of evidence. Please, enlighten the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    As of now I really hope Rex stays. If not at this point would anyone be open to Marty as the HC? Just wondering.
    Ya we just have to hope for no overtime games ...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I said “if this continues”…
    Look, All teams go through their ruts, good teams adjust (Like SF will do) and bad teams ( Like the Jets) don’t.
    Part of the reason why they lost last week was because a majority of the penalties happened on 3rd downs. If we see another repeat of this Monday, we must question Rex’s ability to demand better from his players. Should’t a good H/C be able to this?
    That’s all im saying.

Even with the penalties, let us not lose sight of the fact that the Titans
    Of Tennessee scored28 points off turnovers .

Question is should a HC lose his job for starting a rookie QB in a rebuilding year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Let's just hire Phil Jackson & see if he can transition to football. Yes?

OP proving it's name doesn't fit.

AT ALL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I said “if this continues”…
    Look, All teams go through their ruts, good teams adjust (Like SF will do) and bad teams ( Like the Jets) don’t.
    Part of the reason why they lost last week was because a majority of the penalties happened on 3rd downs. If we see another repeat of this Monday, we must question Rex’s ability to demand better from his players. Should’t a good H/C be able to this?
    That’s all im saying.
    Sure but Rex haters don't apply the same rules to other coaches and teams.. 49'ers are also 2-2 with a much better team..

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    How do you know Rex is not Idziks guy? Link?

I hear people say this over and over with not one shred of evidence. Please, enlighten the masses.
    No evidence, it’s just logic. I suppose you’d like some empirical eveidence, so here goes:
    Rex’s record last year was 6-10. Add the 3 losses from the last 3 games of the 2011 season, we get to an impressive 6-13. Now, if this team goes 2-7 at the bye week, Rex’s record beomes 8-20 over his last 28 games. What GM would want hitch his wagon on that star?

I’ve been tolerant and have wanted, really, really wanted Rex to succeed. But the writing is on the wall with this guy.

I don't think Rex will be staying on as the DC if he is axed as HC.

Seems to me that most of the older long suffering Jets fans are reasonably ok with the job Rex has done.

The newer fans not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    Seems to me that most of the older long suffering Jets fans are reasonably ok with the job Rex has done.

The newer fans not so much.

I resent that remark, longtime suffering fan over here, and I'd like him gone for the good of the team.

Good god, can we stop with the "let's get rid of Rex" threads? It is getting beyond silly, it is now ridiculous. Rex isn't going anywhere during this season, and depending on how we do, very likely not next season either. Take a chill pill and relax.

I resent that remark, longtime suffering fan over here, and I'd like him gone for the good of the team.
    Listen, I understand that. But what's the difference of firing him now and at the end of the year? You only create more drama by having an interim HC.