Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: OUR NEW HC SHOULD BE A CURRENT OC IN NFL

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Listen, I understand that. But what's the difference of firing him now and at the end of the year? You only create more drama by having an interim HC.
    You may be proven right. That sounds like something Idzik would do.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,171
    Can we at least wait until the end of the friggin season. Or at least until the bye week.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    No evidence, it’s just logic. I suppose you’d like some empirical eveidence, so here goes:
    Rex’s record last year was 6-10. Add the 3 losses from the last 3 games of the 2011 season, we get to an impressive 6-13. Now, if this team goes 2-7 at the bye week, Rex’s record beomes 8-20 over his last 28 games. What GM would want hitch his wagon on that star?

    I’ve been tolerant and have wanted, really, really wanted Rex to succeed. But the writing is on the wall with this guy.
    Why do you get to cherry pick and add 3 losses from 2011? Lets include all of 2011, then. Logic fail.

    Including last year and so far this season, Rex has gotten 8 wins out of this bag of shlt called a roster. Ain't no other coach in the NFL gonna get even close to 8 wins out of that pile of poop.

    Rex is a good coach. Perfect? No. But neither are you.

    So, again, please provide a single shred of evidence that Rex is not Idziks guy, because I have yet to see any, and it seems like no one else has, either. You're just relying on the media's opinion? We know the media is absolute horse shlt, with incredibly inaccurate reporting. Anything else?

  4. #44
    Can one of the mods change the OPs name to Retard-a-Troll ? Please ?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Why do you get to cherry pick and add 3 losses from 2011? Lets include all of 2011, then. Logic fail.

    Including last year and so far this season, Rex has gotten 8 wins out of this bag of shlt called a roster. Ain't no other coach in the NFL gonna get even close to 8 wins out of that pile of poop.

    Rex is a good coach. Perfect? No. But neither are you.

    So, again, please provide a single shred of evidence that Rex is not Idziks guy, because I have yet to see any, and it seems like no one else has, either. You're just relying on the media's opinion? We know the media is absolute horse shlt, with incredibly inaccurate reporting. Anything else?

    This is my opinion. I thought that this is what this site is supposed to be all about.
    And for the record, I never said I'm a head coach but I will go on the record and say that Rex isn't isn't one as well. As for drinking the media Kool aid, I live far, far away from the epicenter of the world that is NYC. So, I'm not influenced by anything that those beat writers have to say.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    Seems to me that most of the older long suffering Jets fans are reasonably ok with the job Rex has done.

    The newer fans not so much.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    False, I'm in my twenties, started watching the Jets in 95 and I love Rex as a coach....

    I think the older fans who are impatient due to suffering for so long want him axed.....

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Why do you get to cherry pick and add 3 losses from 2011? Lets include all of 2011, then. Logic fail.

    Including last year and so far this season, Rex has gotten 8 wins out of this bag of shlt called a roster. Ain't no other coach in the NFL gonna get even close to 8 wins out of that pile of poop.

    Rex is a good coach. Perfect? No. But neither are you.

    So, again, please provide a single shred of evidence that Rex is not Idziks guy, because I have yet to see any, and it seems like no one else has, either. You're just relying on the media's opinion? We know the media is absolute horse shlt, with incredibly inaccurate reporting. Anything else?
    The interim coach is NEVER the new GMs guy. Polian talked about this the other day. Two reasons:

    1. If the GM was fired and head coach retained, the GM generally believes a lot of the reason for the GM being fired was the HC and that the HC was retained for contract reasons. Very reluctant to attach their star to someone that may have already gotten one GM fired.

    2. The incumbent HC very very rarely aligns philosophically with what the GM wants scheme wise for the team. So he always wants his guy in place to run the scheme that he wants, and evaluate personnel in the same manner as the GM

    It is extremely unlikely, barring a playoff run that Rex is coach next year. One only need to look at the situation in Chicago last year which is almost identical to the Jets current situation.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The interim coach is NEVER the new GMs guy. Polian talked about this the other day. Two reasons:

    1. If the GM was fired and head coach retained, the GM generally believes a lot of the reason for the GM being fired was the HC and that the HC was retained for contract reasons. Very reluctant to attach their star to someone that may have already gotten one GM fired.

    2. The incumbent HC very very rarely aligns philosophically with what the GM wants scheme wise for the team. So he always wants his guy in place to run the scheme that he wants, and evaluate personnel in the same manner as the GM

    It is extremely unlikely, barring a playoff run that Rex is coach next year. One only need to look at the situation in Chicago last year which is almost identical to the Jets current situation.
    Very well articulated.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    hey I have an idea lets not hope for a new HC. lets hope the team does well!

  10. #50
    The Bears started the season 7-1 and failed to make the playoffs. THAT'S why Lovie Smith got fired, although he was admittedly on a short leash with the new GM.

    Aside from the whole new GM/same HC thing, that has almost no resemblance to the Jets situation. We have a handful of new coaches/coordinators, along with new players, including a raw rookie at QB. Analysts picked us to finish near the bottom of the league this season, if not dead last. And yet Rex needs to get us to the playoffs in order to save his job? I disagree.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,601
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    False, I'm in my twenties, started watching the Jets in 95 and I love Rex as a coach....

    I think the older fans who are impatient due to suffering for so long want him axed
    .....
    I go back to the 1960 Titans and I love Rex also.. BTW there were SOJF's from the 60's to present day..

  12. #52
    Here's an SOJF idea, we could hire all these guys on six month contracts. Then we could fire them and demand a whole new staff. We might not win any games, but think how satisfying the misery will be.

    Instead of worrying about Rex's contract, we could have a whole new staff. Maybe bring them in for the By-Week. Then they would have extra time to prepare. Then there would be no excuses and we could fire them. What fun.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    Here's an SOJF idea, we could hire all these guys on six month contracts. Then we could fire them and demand a whole new staff. We might not win any games, but think how satisfying the misery will be.

    Instead of worrying about Rex's contract, we could have a whole new staff. Maybe bring them in for the By-Week. Then they would have extra time to prepare. Then there would be no excuses and we could fire them. What fun.
    LOL!
    Exactly

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The interim coach is NEVER the new GMs guy. Polian talked about this the other day. Two reasons:

    1. If the GM was fired and head coach retained, the GM generally believes a lot of the reason for the GM being fired was the HC and that the HC was retained for contract reasons. Very reluctant to attach their star to someone that may have already gotten one GM fired.

    2. The incumbent HC very very rarely aligns philosophically with what the GM wants scheme wise for the team. So he always wants his guy in place to run the scheme that he wants, and evaluate personnel in the same manner as the GM

    It is extremely unlikely, barring a playoff run that Rex is coach next year. One only need to look at the situation in Chicago last year which is almost identical to the Jets current situation.
    Except that you completely ignore that Idzik was hired by a 3rd party who reported directly to Woody, and that Idzik was chosen because he was probably more compatible with Rex than most of the other candidates, as Woody made it known to the GM candidates that Rex was his guy for a year.

    Obviously, if things go south by the end of the year, than Rex is probably not safe, but not sure why you or anybody thinks Rex and Idzik can't be a tandem, given Idzik's role with the Seahawks, a team whose strength is its defense, and is going through many of the same transition changes the Jets are this year. Young up and coming defense, young rookie QB,

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I go back to the 1960 Titans and I love Rex also.. BTW there were SOJF's from the 60's to present day..
    +1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,708
    Get me QB before any coach. Rex will be as good as any coach with a top tier QB

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Get me QB before any coach. Rex will be as good as any coach with a top tier QB
    I'd say one of the best with that Defense... If we only had a halfway average QB... damn!

  18. #58
    some Jet fans are ****ing pathetic, we are 2-2 and people are starting threads about new coaches...****ing disgrace...i hope you turn in your fan card sooner rather then later.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sure but Rex haters don't apply the same rules to other coaches and teams.. 49'ers are also 2-2 with a much better team..
    well said Savage. While it is only the first month, some of the luster of Harbaugh and the 49ers has certainly disappeared. Like Rex, year three, thus far, is not working out so well for SF given the lofty expectations. Again, I know it is early, but why isn't the same standard applied to JH as it was to Rex? Afterall, both enjoyed tremendous success in their first 2 seasons.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    some Jet fans are ****ing pathetic, we are 2-2 and people are starting threads about new coaches...****ing disgrace...i hope you turn in your fan card sooner rather then later.
    Agree. But are you surprised? I am not. Ine poster here even knows for a fact that the Jets will lose their next 6 games. Of course, I recall many saying something similar a month ago after the Browns traded TR. Ooops, the team only has gone on to win their next 3 games. So much for the predictions/experts and Cleveland playing for the #1 pick. That's why they play the games. Let the season play out before the gloom and doom posters suggest what our record will be. Not many had us at 2-2 after the first month either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us