Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets claim Sudfeld

Jets Insider VIP

Jets claim Sudfeld

Not a bad move but I'm not expecting much.

Who the **** is Zack Sudfeld?

53rd man on roster moves, love them.

Jets Insider VIP
    he was the patriots camp darling. But couldnt do anything in a real game.

LOL.

I hope he gets a TD or at least an important first down.

(Pasts* "fans" were hoping he'd clear waivers so I like this)

All League
    LB Scott Solomon cut

Veteran

Jets claim Sudfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

You must not play fantasy football or watch anything in the preseason. Dude was all the rage. Analysts saying he's the next Gronk but proved to be too raw

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    You must not play fantasy football or watch anything in the preseason. Dude was all the rage. Analysts saying he's the next Gronk but proved to be too raw
    Yes.

And all the Pasts* fans claimed he'd make their favorite Serial Killer "A-Hern" irrelevant. LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I don't know any analyst that thought he was the next Gronk, but i thought and still do think that the guy will be a starting TE in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Love the fact that John Idzik has jumped head first into this Jets/Pats rivalry

This pickup is a pure d1ck move....I love it

All Pro
    Most Pats fans are saying he could really be something in the future. Just wasn't ready yet...

Excellent pickup. Loved the guy pre-season. Hasn't panned out, but doesn't need to step right in with Winslow and Cumberland playing solidly. Better developmental project than Hayden Smith.

ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS: Excellent size/strength combo for the position. At 6-7 and 255 pounds, he is a large target, shows natural receiving skills and the ability to watch the ball into his hands. shows his athleticism once he gets going, accelerating in-and-out of his breaks and creating some separation from linebackers or safeties.
    WEAKNESSES: Missed almost two full seasons at Nevada due to injuries. Underwent a total of six surgeries over his first five seasons, including shoulder, leg, knee and wrist. Lumbers a bit off the line of scrimmage.

and rotoworld analysis:
    Jets claimed TE Zach Sudfeld off waivers from the Patriots.
    Sudfeld quickly fell out of fantasy favor when it became clear in Week 1 he wouldn't play a significant offensive role. He did, however, flash big-time pass-catching tools during the preseason and has impressive measurables. The 24-year-old is very much worth a flier for a Jets team with no long-term solution at tight end. Kellen Winslow and Jeff Cumberland aren't answers.
    Last edited by revischrist; 10-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Love the fact that John Idzik has jumped head first into this Jets/Pats rivalry

This pickup is a pure d1ck move....I love it
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    he was the patriots camp darling. But couldnt do anything in a real game.
    So he's our Ryan Spadola

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Excellent pickup. Loved the guy pre-season. Hasn't panned out, but doesn't need to step right in with Winslow and Cumberland playing solidly. Better developmental project than Hayden Smith.

ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS: Excellent size/strength combo for the position. At 6-7 and 255 pounds, he is a large target, shows natural receiving skills and the ability to watch the ball into his hands. shows his athleticism once he gets going, accelerating in-and-out of his breaks and creating some separation from linebackers or safeties.
    WEAKNESSES: Missed almost two full seasons at Nevada due to injuries. Underwent a total of six surgeries over his first five seasons, including shoulder, leg, knee and wrist. Lumbers a bit off the line of scrimmage.

and rotoworld analysis:
    Jets claimed TE Zach Sudfeld off waivers from the Patriots.
    Sudfeld quickly fell out of fantasy favor when it became clear in Week 1 he wouldn't play a significant offensive role. He did, however, flash big-time pass-catching tools during the preseason and has impressive measurables. The 24-year-old is very much worth a flier for a Jets team with no long-term solution at tight end. Kellen Winslow and Jeff Cumberland aren't answers.

An injury prone, raw, lumbering TE, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Not a bad move but I'm not expecting much.
    This is a no brainer for the Jets. Patriots have no patience right now & are in a win now mode, anyone not up to par immediately gets benched or is gone.
    We have all the time in the world & a roster spot on our offense, Winslow won't be here next year, Rueland is a TE/FB jag.
    It's wild how the NFL has turned into a "what are you gonna give me right away league"
    There are many, many, players that need a year or two to get up to speed of the NFL game. Hell before Free Agency, players were groomed for a year on special teams & such, rarely did rookies just come out of college & kick azz.
    Not saying Sudfeld will be a stud but even a player like Julian Edelman took 3 years to be the player he is today.
    Having good offensive coaches helps too.
    Play some 2 TE schemes, & a little more power ball to protect Geno from himself.
    Last edited by jetster; 10-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Interesting, I guess both fanbases will be busy deleting their previous thoughts on the guy, lol.

Can see what this guy offers, but seemed very raw and injury prone. But might as well see I guess.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Yeah WTF is a Zack Sudfeld anyway? never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Yeah WTF is a Zack Sudfeld anyway? never heard of it.
    Love this pick up!

Pardon my ignorance but can someone please elaborate on wtf "lumbering off the los" means?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but can someone please elaborate on wtf "lumbering off the los" means?
    It's what Mulligan did when he played for the Jets.. It also means something useless or cumbersome..