Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Goodson prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    With Powell playing well & it being Goodson's 1st action I would expect limited action.

Let me go with 11 carries/catches 63 yards ... Due to a respectable 10 touches & 1 in which he breaks into the secondary but not quite for a TD.

Had anyone actually heard he is going to be returning punts or kickoffs?
    I thougth I had read that there was a possiblity he would return kicks. Frankly, Gates doesn't appear to be very good at returns and if Goodson can fill that role it would be an upgrade.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GoodMi00.htm
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 10-05-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Well as per the daily news, Goodson walked off the field yesterday with the trainers because he felt tightness in his hamstring so there is a chance he won't even suit up

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    Yeah, true, but the team knows they have to bring him along slowly, MM mentioned it in his weekly PC, I got the feeling he has a chance to play if he checks out, and will wait until the last minute to activate him and make a roster move, MM was reluctant to talk about it, asking for help from the PR guy, even so, MM mentioned they need to be careful, that he's coming in without a full training camp, he knows the offense, because of his off-season work and that he was able to attend all meetings for 4 weeks, but physical football shape won't come in 1 week and a week of practice, so if he does play on Monday, it will be in a limited role, and that may not even be worth it. They probably will have him practice another week, and activate him next week, if the roster move they plan on making by activating Goodson is releasing Green, if they keep Green, I could see Woodson activated for Monday.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I thougth I had read that there was a possiblity he would return kicks. Frankly, Gates doesn't appear to be very good at returns and if Goodson can fill that role it would be an upgrade.
    Hope it's true ... Def sad that Kerley is best we've had this year to date ... Because he's not going to do anything stupid ... But maxes out with about 5 yards on his return

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Hope it's true ... Def sad that Kerley is best we've had this year to date ... Because he's not going to do anything stupid ... But maxes out with about 5 yards on his return
    Kerley had a punt return for a TD last season..

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Only shameless homer is you Ray. No need to have a melt down because a lot of people on this board don't share your viewpoint.
    Just a friendly reminder of our wager... $100 donation to JI made by the fan of whichever team that finishes with the worse record jets/raiders

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Mike Goodson KR return for a TD!

BOOM!

You heard it here first
    This is where Goodson will impact the game. I can't take watching Clyde Gates return kicks anymore. Gates is awful. One of the slowest looking fast guys I ever saw. We have been spoiled for the most part in recent years. Morton, Washington, Smith, and of course Westy. Westhoff made McKnight look good. He isn't.

Practice Squad
    Pulled hammy in the 3rd quarter. Out 2 weeks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Just a friendly reminder of our wager... $100 donation to JI made by the fan of whichever team that finishes with the worse record jets/raiders
    Nice. I have the same bet with another Raider fan. Except the stakes are that the fan of the team with the better record gets to name the loser's fantasy team next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Again not going to tell you he doesn't have a lot of talent. Can he hold on to the football( with Geno turning it over a lot- can you afford another guy giving gifts to the other team) and can he pass protect. He solves those two problems and Jets will have a weapon. His history says I wouldn't count on it.
    He had 0 fumbles with your mess of a team. What history? One season in Car?

He's gonna play to win the game!

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    yes I'm well aware of the bet. You have a one game lead with plenty of games to still be played, so I'm not ready to concede anything yet. It's all good whatever the outcome.( will be paid off)

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He had 0 fumbles with your mess of a team. What history? One season in Car?
    He fumbled three times in a preseason game- in one game. ( a lot of raider fans wanted him to be released right there with his history). He only carried the football 35 times for the Raiders last year.( so a very small sample you're basing that stat on. every team knows his fumbling history and every defender going for that ball anytime he gets it.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He fumbled three times in a preseason game- in one game. ( a lot of raider fans wanted him to be released right there with his history). He only carried the football 35 times for the Raiders last year.( so a very small sample you're basing that stat on. every team knows his fumbling history and every defender going for that ball anytime he gets it.
    Thats it? He may or may not have fumbled in the preseason, in one game?

Thats why the Raiders didn't give him the ball?

If that were true the Raiders are even more of a mess than we know.

As much as I would love to go with your line of nonsense, he didn't fumble once last season so the Raiders, like you were wrong, he didn't have a fumbling problem, if he did he would have fumbled once in whatever amount of carries he had.