Thread: Revis and Alex Smith questions

Revis and Alex Smith questions

Haven't got a chance to watch Revis much this year outside of the game we played ... has he looked dominant the way he did here or are QB's just sticking to the Revis rules and not going at him? I'm interested in knowing if guys are challenging him and if he's just doing what he did when he was at his best here.

2nd ... A friend of mine asked what he thought our record be with Alex Smith this year. I'm interested in hearing what you buys think here. If you could start the season over would you sacrifice the 2nd rounder we spent on Geno for Alex Smith which is what KC traded. (blah blah I know its early and etc but I'm just asking) KC's trade also included if KC went 8-8 or better its another second rounder in 2014. Thoughts??

KC traded 2 2nds and Smith is pretty much the same as Cassel IMO. I would have rather bought Cassel then traded for Smith. KC well overpaid for him and is well over paying him.

Tampa isn't utilizing revis's talent in 1 on 1. Playing lot of zone, waste.. Like having Peyton manning and wanting to run the ball 75% of the game.. I'd love to see jets trade Cro for 3rd? Then trade back for revis ha..

Hall Of Fame
    Smith has been OK. Revis hasn't been as good as he was as a Jet and the Bucs are what we were which is a team without a QB that has a $16 million dollar CB.

I was one of the people who was clamoring for us to go after Alex Smith this offseason- you can say all you want about how he's too boring to watch but the fact of the matter is he turns the ball over far less than the QBs we've had recently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I was one of the people who was clamoring for us to go after Alex Smith this offseason- you can say all you want about how he's too boring to watch but the fact of the matter is he turns the ball over far less than the QBs we've had recently.
    True but in his first year in the 9 games he played he had 1 td and 11 picks and 11 fumbles.. His first 3 year stat total is 19 tds 31 picks and 27 fumbles after that he was much better.. And he was the first pick in the 2005 draft..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    True but in his first year in the 9 games he played he had 1 td and 11 picks and 11 fumbles.. His first 3 year stat total is 19 tds 31 picks and 27 fumbles after that he was much better.. And he was the first pick in the 2005 draft..
    Hopefully, Geno can minimize his turnovers in the future- Sanchez didn't.

Revis is still working his way back, most guys take a full year of playing to get back to the same level.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Hopefully, Geno can minimize his turnovers in the future- Sanchez didn't.
    Hey Sizzle is this you??

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    KC traded 2 2nds and Smith is pretty much the same as Cassel IMO. I would have rather bought Cassel then traded for Smith. KC well overpaid for him and is well over paying him.
    You're nuts. Smith is way better than Cassel ever was even when his stats were getting inflated in New England dinking it to Welker every game. Smith is a dink and dunk qb too but he can make all the reads and he can chuck it down the field when he needs to.

Smith is having a very good year but in the long run Geno will be the better qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You're nuts. Smith is way better than Cassel ever was even when his stats were getting inflated in New England dinking it to Welker every game. Smith is a dink and dunk qb too but he can make all the reads and he can chuck it down the field when he needs to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Smith is having a very good year but in the long run Geno will be the better qb.
    He had 27 tds and just 7 picks with KC in 2010 that was without Welker..

We would be 4-0 with Alex Smith. We would be 4-0 with any average NFL QB. Once again, we are 2-2 while getting some of the worst QB play in the league. It's the story of the Rex Ryan era, winning and staying in games despite the horrid play from the most important position on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Tampa isn't utilizing revis's talent in 1 on 1. Playing lot of zone, waste.. Like having Peyton manning and wanting to run the ball 75% of the game.. I'd love to see jets trade Cro for 3rd? Then trade back for revis ha..
    Won't have to trade for Revis. He will be cut this offseason. Tampa isn't going to pay him another $16mil.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    We would be 4-0 with Alex Smith. We would be 4-0 with any average NFL QB. Once again, we are 2-2 while getting some of the worst QB play in the league. It's the story of the Rex Ryan era, winning and staying in games despite the horrid play from the most important position on the field.
    When you think about it the Tuna had Vinny and Lucas,Hermie had Vinny and Chaddy,Mangini had Chaddy and Favre.. All Rex ever gets is rookie's learning on the job and in the Buttfumblers case failing.. All Geno's turnovers last week accounted for 28 Titan points.. Imagine if Rex had just a good NFL QB..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He had 27 tds and just 7 picks with KC in 2010 that was without Welker..
    Cassel's 2010 numbers are just as good as anything Smith has done in his career. Smith and Cassel are as close to the same talent as you can get IMO. Smith is just younger but if you look at their overall stats Cassel shows slightly better. More yards per game, more TDs, and less INTs. Cassel has just had injury issues the last 2 years. Your not talking studs these guys are BU QBs on most teams.