Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spadola & Sapp released

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    The fact he has probably dreamt his whole life about that 1st reception in the NFL, and when it finally arrived he sh1t the bed.
    Pressure catch forhim, not the Jets,Harrier.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Spadola was a good story, but as an UDFA he absolutely killed his chances of staying with the team when he dropped that ball in the Pats game.

Yes, it was raining but he hadnt earned the benefit of the doubt. Its sad, but thats the harsh reality of the NFL.
    And what exactly has Gates done to earn the benefit of the doubt?

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Small, White, #usedtobeajet...

He is going to NE.
    I'm p1ssed we are giving them a chance to land a jab back at us this early after we picked up Sudfeld.

I'm p1ssed we are giving them a chance to land a jab back at us this early after we picked up Sudfeld.

Yeah. I don't like it. Should have been Gates

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    davis did play well in pre-season...
    Dr. B...............No Predict the score thread?

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Pressure catch forhim, not the Jets,Harrier.
    That's what I meant, not a pressure catch as in hard to make or important for the Jets, just hugely important to him and it looks to have cost him.

Jets Insider VIP
    And I was really looking forward to the Suds and Spuds Show
    It took 6,647 posts but you finally said something funny. Well done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    And what exactly has Gates done to earn the benefit of the doubt?

I don't get it.
    Like someone else said, this is a true head scratcher.

I understand the speed thing. But there are a lot of fast guys who can't play in the NFL. Gates just happens to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

I understand the speed thing. But there are a lot of fast guys who can't play in the NFL. Gates just happens to be one of them.
    Jordy, ask yourself. Why would New England want him? They have Amendola coming back. They've won 4 games. They already have enough WRs.

Also, people forget that Spadola completely muffed a punt against Philadelphia in the last few minutes of the preseason. So he ended the preseason on a bad note.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 10-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah. I don't like it. Should have been Gates
    WTF are we missin with Gates? Clearly we are the fvckin idiots because they must see something in him, what it is the big man upstairs only knows.

WTF are we missin with Gates? Clearly we are the fvckin idiots because they must see something in him, what it is the big man upstairs only knows.
    Have you not heard anything? SPEED

I mean, has Danny Woodhead really gotten into all of your heads. He was not a Pro Bowl running back

All Pro
    Maybe, hopefully, this will be his last chance, either he does something during these next couple of games while Holmes is out, or they get rid of him when Tone is back.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Website appears to be inaccurate / not up to date.

Jets Sign WR David Nelson to Active Roster
    Posted Oct 2, 2013

By Jets Staff
    We made four transactions today, signing free agent WR David Nelson to the active roster and LB Troy Davis to the practice squad and releasing WR Ben Obomanu from the active roster and Kareem Huggins from the practice squad.
    Meanwhile, RB Mike Goodson, whose suspension was lifted on Monday, is an exemption and does not currently count on the roster. If we were to activate Goodson, the team would have to release a player.

The 65, 215-pound Nelson, who played with the Buffalo Bills from 2010-12, has 94 career catches for 1,042 yards and eight touchdowns. He set career highs in 2011 with 61 catches for 658 yards and five TDs. In four games against the Jets, he has 15 receptions for 189 yards and two TDs, both in '11.

Davis, a Queens, NY, native, played well in training camp and was added to our practice squad on Sept. 1. Last week he was released from the practice squad when Huggins was signed.
    Yeah, I thought so too, but even KFFL had conflicting info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Have you not heard anything? SPEED

I mean, has Danny Woodhead really gotten into all of your heads. He was not a Pro Bowl running back
    I was responding to a post before the SPEED case was being made for him, secondly he better hope some other attribute other then SPEED shows up if he is going to stay on this roster through 16 games.

I was responding to a post before the SPEED case was being made for him, secondly he better hope some other attribute other then SPEED shows up if he is going to stay on this roster through 16 games.
    Agreed. But people have stop treating guys like Woodhead and Spadola as Hall of Fame players. They are decent players, but they aren't all time greats. So stop whining as if they are.

This tweet sums it up:

Brian ‏@One30Three 2h
    The reactions to the release of Sapp and Spadola is the reason the #Jets fan base is the most entertaining

Small, White, #usedtobeajet...

He is going to NE.
    BB does love his midgety white receivers. Scrappy guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Yo jordy-- quick sidenote what did you think of Powell last week? 66 yards on 14 carries before the game got out of hand and they were forced to abandon the run game. He did end up picking up 42 receiving yards though, encouraging signs no?

Sapp, another olb pass rusher that rex was going to make into a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Agreed. But people have stop treating guys like Woodhead and Spadola as Hall of Fame players. They are decent players, but they aren't all time greats. So stop whining as if they are.

This tweet sums it up:

Brian ‏@One30Three 2h
    The reactions to the release of Sapp and Spadola is the reason the #Jets fan base is the most entertaining
    I agree with you, tell me where I have whined and made a case that Spadola is an all time great and will be missed by us.

I was merely stating to HH in my posts I was more p1ssed we are giving the pats a chance to jab us back this early after claiming Sudfeld.

Never made a case that Spadola was a miss, maybe you've got the wrong man here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sapp, another olb pass rusher that rex was going to make into a player.
    F*** YOU, LAHEY!!!