Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spadola & Sapp released

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Yo jordy-- quick sidenote what did you think of Powell last week? 66 yards on 14 carries before the game got out of hand and they were forced to abandon the run game. He did end up picking up 42 receiving yards though, encouraging signs no?
    Yeah I can say he looked pretty good. I still don't think he should be the first RB on the field and be the primary on 1st and 2nd downs. I'd much prefer to see him primarily on 3rd downs.

I understand that Ivory has been injured but I'm speaking in general terms as time moves forward.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How much more could Gates possibly be making?

NFL veteran? so what, not to mention that he was brought in after being cut, he isn't some former first rounder or anything. This is dumb.
    Difference of only $150K ($555,000 vs. 405,000).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    People are seriously questioning Gates because of Spadola?

Sad as this is to say, its not about what Gates is, its that he is better than Spadola
    And Rex thought that it was better to have Joe McKnight and two fullbacks than Danny Woodhead, yet here we are, 4 years later and Joe McKnight is on the street looking for work and dealing with arrest warrants, John Conner is already a journeyman FB and Woodhead is still a productive player. And we can't question decisions made by management or the CS?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Probably showed off in practice by throwing the ball and catching it by himself.
    Lines like this are what make you great. Awesome.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, more like some Jets fans are talking out of their asses.

In what world was Sapp a pass rushing OLB and find the quotes where Rex said he would develop Sapp into a player.

He was the poster boy for a bottom of the roster guy who fans here latched onto.

But to the same fans who make cracks about developing a defensive player one word.

Snacks
    Why do you think he's kept Sapp around for the better part of 3 seasons? Because he likes the way he looks in a uniform?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But you have to think about it logically. When Woodhead was released, he was signed by the Pats to replace Kevin Faulk, who got injured. The Pats have no need for another slot receiver and another young receiver when they have so many already.
    Because Amendola is a physical specimen that never gets hurt...right?

Spadola's got talent, at least enough to crack our opening day roster out of TC. I wouldn't doubt that NE signs him at all.

I'd be shocked if NE signed Spadola. They've got Edelman, Amendola and Collie all "healthy" and 3 other rookies getting snaps every game. Just don't see the fit for a guy like Spadola.

Also - is it just me or did Rex seem to ****ing hate the guy for some reason? If Rex can't tolerate the kid I'd have to imagine Belichick would be signing a new serial killer just to take him out.

wasn't Spadola part of Ryan's dog and pony show. Rex is nothing short of the most clueless offensive minds in the NFL

All Pro
    Holy chit are you kiddin mee? so much for the Chrebet mold! oh man ...those drops in the rain at Foxboro really hurt Spadola. Wow! Sapp will be back soon! I think.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I'd be shocked if NE signed Spadola. They've got Edelman, Amendola and Collie all "healthy" and 3 other rookies getting snaps every game. Just don't see the fit for a guy like Spadola.

Also - is it just me or did Rex seem to ****ing hate the guy for some reason? If Rex can't tolerate the kid I'd have to imagine Belichick would be signing a new serial killer just to take him out.
    Seriously? Healthy? These are two guys who have NOT been healthy for the past 2 seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Holy chit are you kiddin mee? so much for the Chrebet mold! oh man ...those drops in the rain at Foxboro really hurt Spadola. Wow! Sapp will be back soon! I think.
    How many "drops" did Spadola have? One. How many drops did Gates have? 3? 4? At least one of which would have been a TD had he caught it.

All League
    I am thinking Spads will be back. They were probably just more comfortable with Campbell going tomorrow so had to expose Spads to waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Seriously? Healthy? These are two guys who have NOT been healthy for the past 2 seasons.
    I thought the quotes would be indicative enough of that fact. They're probably going to be active today which is about the most you can hope for and with 3 other rookies to worry about assimilating to a challenging offense for receivers I just don't see the Patriots going for Spadola.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And Rex thought that it was better to have Joe McKnight and two fullbacks than Danny Woodhead, yet here we are, 4 years later and Joe McKnight is on the street looking for work and dealing with arrest warrants, John Conner is already a journeyman FB and Woodhead is still a productive player. And we can't question decisions made by management or the CS?
    Woodhead wasn't let go for McNight, they needed a roster spot for another WR.

Conner had a knee injury and was a 7th round pick, not getting how that makes anyone wrong and not able to release a bottom of the lineup scrub without outrage.

Made a point and its valid, nothing Spadola has shown other than being a cute story says all this attention is warranted. People are acting like its cut and dried.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 10-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.

McKnight was drafted in lieu of trading Leon Washington (one of my least favorite Tannenbaum moves ever- stings even more now that Leon's on the Pats

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    McKnight was drafted in lieu of trading Leon Washington (one of my least favorite Tannenbaum moves ever- stings even more now that Leon's on the Pats
    He's out with an ankle injury after the first KO for a loss of yards on the return.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I would prefer Spadola over Gates also. He did something to piss someone off. Gotta be.
    Gates must have something on somebody in the Jets front office - no way this JAG should still be on the roster - the man has zero value to this team in any capacity, he is totally useless.

I would have taken my chances with Spadola quite honestly, I am sure he would have proved in the long run to be an upgrade over Gates.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Gates must have something on somebody in the Jets front office - no way this JAG should still be on the roster - the man has zero value to this team in any capacity, he is totally useless.

I would have taken my chances with Spadola quite honestly, I am sure he would have proved in the long run to be an upgrade over Gates.
    I find myself agreeing 100% with Arod. I feel dirty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I find myself agreeing 100% with Arod. I feel dirty.
    I Imagine he feels worse..

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    they release Spadola, and keep Gates?
    How Gates remains employed in the NFL when he has literally no talent or abillity of any kind continues to amaze me.

As for Spadola, sometimes you get ONE opportunity to shine when you're a kid like him. He got it, and we saw what happened.

I get a feeling he'll latch on somewhere else, at least for a PS spot or tryout.

For the record, I cut Gates, and play Spadola (as the young kid) the same way we're playing Gino Smith. Spads would get the 2013 season to prove himself as a starter (#3 WR) and would either stick, or be gone in 2014. I wouldn't have made this move.