Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Spadola & Sapp released

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Why do you think he's kept Sapp around for the better part of 3 seasons? Because he likes the way he looks in a uniform?
    So Sapp making the cut and hanging around the bottom of the roster somehow translates into Rex finding "quotes where Rex said he would develop Sapp into a player"?

Theres more than a few guys on every roster, does that make anyone think that the HC believes or promotes him as a up and comer?

A scrub was cut and once again there is endless debate about a guy who never sees the playing field.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Bummed about Spadola. Shows all the signs of a talented, smart WR who just needs experience. He'll still be playing in the NFL in 3 years. No doubt.
    I don't see anything about spadola that signifies releasing him is a loss of any measure. I do agree with others though that Gates has sucked with extended playtime for 2 seasons. I understand he's fast but he's horrible. I liked Michael Cambell in TC last year, but he's another one who can't hold onto the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    How Gates remains employed in the NFL when he has literally no talent or abillity of any kind continues to amaze me.

As for Spadola, sometimes you get ONE opportunity to shine when you're a kid like him. He got it, and we saw what happened.

I get a feeling he'll latch on somewhere else, at least for a PS spot or tryout.

For the record, I cut Gates, and play Spadola (as the young kid) the same way we're playing Gino Smith. Spads would get the 2013 season to prove himself as a starter (#3 WR) and would either stick, or be gone in 2014. I wouldn't have made this move.
    He was 3 for 3 against Tenn.

His punt returning and KO is awful. He has a low 40 time of 4.31 and a 40 inch vertical. I think he has the potential but so far he hasn't shown much.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He was 3 for 3 against Tenn.

His punt returning and KO is awful. He has a low 40 time of 4.31 and a 40 inch vertical. I think he has the potential but so far he hasn't shown much.
    He did play well against Tennessee.

Also it has been over 24 hours and nobody has claimed him.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Holy chit are you kiddin mee? so much for the Chrebet mold! oh man ...those drops in the rain at Foxboro really hurt Spadola. Wow! Sapp will be back soon! I think.
    Was it dropS? I only remember one drop and there's no way Gates catches that and in fact, no way he even gets open enough to be in that position. He got under Rex's skin some how. And he hasn't been claimed? Weird.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I Imagine he feels worse..
    He has me on ignore (supposedly) but now that you quoted me.....
    Last edited by Jordy; 10-07-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So Sapp making the cut and hanging around the bottom of the roster somehow translates into Rex finding "quotes where Rex said he would develop Sapp into a player"?

Theres more than a few guys on every roster, does that make anyone think that the HC believes or promotes him as a up and comer?

A scrub was cut and once again there is endless debate about a guy who never sees the playing field.
    There has to be a specific quote to that effect in order for it to be true?

I bet if I looked hard enough, I could find something pretty close but I really have no interest. Common sense dictates that Rex wouldn't keep him around for 3 seasons unless he thought he could develop into a useful player. I know Rex mentioned Sapp in TC as someone who looks really good or words to that effect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

I'm hoping Michael Campbell works out as he is a much bigger target for Geno and he played well in preseason.

Jets Insider VIP

When can Spadola be re-signed to our PS? After tonight's game?

When can Spadola be re-signed to our PS? After tonight's game?
    @RichCimini: Former Jets WR Ryan Spadola on waivers until 4 p.m. Personnel exec from another team thinks there's a chance he could be claimed. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Former Jets WR Ryan Spadola on waivers until 4 p.m. Personnel exec from another team thinks there's a chance he could be claimed. #Jets
    If he's claimed by another team, they have to put him on their 53 correct?

Hall Of Fame
    If he's claimed by another team, they have to put him on their 53 correct?
    Yes. You have to clear waivers in order to be placed on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yes. You have to clear waivers in order to be placed on the practice squad.
    That's why I don't think the Pats will claim him. And if they do, they are doing it for frivolous reasons. And that's not the Patriot way

That's why I don't think the Pats will claim him. And if they do, they are doing it for frivolous reasons. And that's not the Patriot way
    LOL

Plus Bellichicken hasn't had any time to take him to the Shooting Range to check out his skillz

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I Imagine he feels worse..
    Bravo Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL

Plus Bellichicken hasn't had any time to take him to the Shooting Range to check out his skillz
    What I mean is they don't acquire Jets players just because they're Jets players. They have intentions of using the players in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    BB does love his midgety white receivers. Scrappy guys
    So does Manning.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Translation: Cimini praying another team claims him, as he has a piece knocking the Jets / citing the Circus / sending Spadola to Canton all ready to go.

Practice Squad
    Well, It's after 4pm EST. Did we bring him back on the PS?

Rookie
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 5m
    Ryan Spadola goes unclaimed on waivers, per source. #Jets