Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM ... and more importantly the RECEIVERS deserve a ton of credit.

MM ... and more importantly the RECEIVERS deserve a ton of credit.

We'll hear about Geno's game all day tomorrow on mainstream media and local sports talkshows and he'll get the bulk of the credit and well deserved but lets not forget

- MM's amazing game will get swept under the rug by the media aside from the one's that know better. He put Geno in the best spots to succeed and had the ATL D off balance for most of the night. Those wishbone formations were a beautiful thing to watch and I'm glad he chose to go for the Shotgun Zone reads

Also all the tough yards after the catch that were made will be ignored. Cumberland made a great play in the end zone, great catch and run for a big gain later, Kerley's TD was effort and a playmaking play, Winslow had little to no room for that play in the endzone, Stephen Hill caught a pass that was a 4 yard gain and fought for an extra 7-8 yards on that last drive. Geno put the ball where it needed to be and made solid reads for the most part but the receivers made plays. I've been super critical of our skill players up to now and I know its only 1 game but if they put in effort like this every game we can make things interesting in the AFC. I've also been critical of Geno all year and he's grown up. I was wrong about him not being ready. I think if protected, skill players give him effort like tonight, running game is at least effective, & MM sticks it out with this kid for a couple of years we have ourselves a franchise guy. He's got swagger and he learns. I love that ...

last but now least thank you Mike Smith for not taking the 3 points right before half. Stupidity at its finest and he shouldn't be allowed back in that building after that.

Veteran
    Absolutely... Geno was great but MM called a fantastic game and the receivers earned their paychecks this week. Love having an NFL offense again!

Hall Of Fame
    Steve Young called MM a "QB whisperer" during the pre game.

We forget that Geno split time in camp and was injured. The more reps he gets the better he will get. He is showing the ability to learn from mistakes.

I don't remember seeing 1 dropped pass today which was a nice change

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I don't remember seeing 1 dropped pass today which was a nice change
    well Cumberland dropped a ball that he later caught lol. That's the closest.

Veteran
    He had Goodson open for 10+ once that he over threw but other than that, he was super.

All League
    Marty Mornhinweg is a magician. I hope he stays here for a very, very long time. Dude is legit.

That was an absolute masterpiece by MM. That's what a quality OC can do.

Hall Of Fame
    Lost in all of this is the fact that we only ran 47 plays. We barely had the ball but made the most of our opportunities. I only think we have one poor drive last night. Great job by MM. But I still hate the WC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalbarracuda View Post
    Absolutely... Geno was great but MM called a fantastic game and the receivers earned their paychecks this week. Love having an NFL offense again!
    I love having a major league QB capable enough to run an NFL offense!

Veteran
    I find it ironic that two of the staunchest Schitty supporting holdouts at JI, one is actually still a defender of that douche, are here singing Marty's praises.

It is so nice to have an OC that can put together a scripted 15 and generate some points in the 1st quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Marty Mornhinweg is a magician. I hope he stays here for a very, very long time. Dude is legit.
    I agree. Lock him up Izdik.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    That was an absolute masterpiece by MM. That's what a quality OC can do.
    The play calling is light years ahead of Shotty and Sporano but this is just as big:

On the sidelines Shotty always acted like their big brother. He was tolerant and encouraging but that was all. Maybe that was because he was aware deep down of his own inadequacies.

Sparano on the sidelines acted like the tolerant grandfather. A good egg who knew he was past it and hoped all his boys needed was low key encouragement to get it done.

MM on the other hand looks like the stern mentor. Not exactly reading them the riot act when they screw up but still letting them know in no uncertain terms. THIS is just what a bunch of post grad college boys need and it's what Marty delivers. He's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    The play calling is light years ahead of Shotty and Sporano but this is just as big:

On the sidelines Shotty always acted like their big brother. He was tolerant and encouraging but that was all. Maybe that was because he was aware deep down of his own inadequacies.

Sparano on the sidelines acted like the tolerant grandfather. A good egg who knew he was past it and hoped all his boys needed was low key encouragement to get it done.

MM on the other hand looks like the stern mentor. Not exactly reading them the riot act when they screw up but still letting them know in no uncertain terms. THIS is just what a bunch of post grad college boys need and it's what Marty delivers. He's a keeper.
    I also heard rumours that Fisher expressed concern to Shotty about the very limited usage of their best playmaker on the team, Tavon Austin..So it looks like the Rams are having issues with him as well.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I also heard rumours that Fisher expressed concern to Shotty about the very limited usage of their best playmaker on the team, Tavon Austin..So it looks like the Rams are having issues with him as well.
    Freaking Rams; we coulda had Austin instead of Milliner if it wasn't them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

For the first time in a long while, I feel like there is an adult running our offense. Its OK to have Rex focus more on the Defense with MM at the helm. Hopefully he and Geno grow together for a long while.

If MM and Geno could put up 25+ points a game, and with this defense, we could go very far this year. Last nights Falcons score was gift wrapped by the refs. Last TD should not have happened! Easily a top 5 Defense, and we could be in the top 10 in scoring points on offense. I think something clicked last night on offense. Goodson is a legit RB, and Powell looks very good also.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    He had Goodson open for 10+ once that he over threw but other than that, he was super.
    Yes, but can't sneeze at 80% completions and up over the 60% for the year. When was the last time we had that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I got scared on that pass as that was probably nerves.

I heard the post game show talk about how Geno had "grown up". Ok, he had a good game but before we're going to call him the future of the franchise we need to see more than one good game.

Same goes for MM. It was a well planned game but we certainly haven't felt that way about him the past few weeks.

Good foundation but I want to see us build up from it.